Moves are being made

Advertisement
This is why I keep coming back to Mario with kiffin as a close 2nd. I don’t care if he wins every game by 1 point. Matt Campbell loses to almost every good team he plays and is mentioned for every job out there but people clown Mario?
honest question..who's a better recruiter in SF....Mario or DVD?

I don’t think he is coming, so it is a bit of a moot point, but what were Jimmy Johnson and Dennis Erickson’s records before coming here?

With regards to Campbell, the facts just don’t support your opinion at all. He beat #3 Oklahoma and #4 TCU in 2017, his second year. In 2018 he beat #6 WV. In 2019, he beat a ranked Texas team and lost by one at Oklahoma. In 2020, he beat ranked Oklahoma, Texas, and Oregon teams and lost by three at #6 Oklahoma State.

You all are waiting for Saban to walk through the doors, and short of him EVERY coach in the country has some question marks.
I would have Matt Campbell higher on the list than Cristobal if there was any chance he would come here. But like Fickell, probably looking elsewhere.

I don’t think he is coming, so it is a bit of a moot point, but what were Jimmy Johnson and Dennis Erickson’s records before coming here?

With regards to Campbell, the facts just don’t support your opinion at all. He beat #3 Oklahoma and #4 TCU in 2017, his second year. In 2018 he beat #6 WV. In 2019, he beat a ranked Texas team and lost by one at Oklahoma. In 2020, he beat ranked Oklahoma, Texas, and Oregon teams and lost by three at #6 Oklahoma State.

You all are waiting for Saban to walk through the doors, and short of him EVERY coach in the country has some question marks.
And he enters the season ranked loses to an instate rival and Baylor.

Advertisement
Went thru the same process with the dolphins. First I gave up the season tickets and just watched live on TV. After a few seasons I started recording the games and watching later. Now, I don’t even bother checking the scores. Couldn’t care less.

I’ll never root for a hurricanes loss, I want them to win AND I expect the administration to put the right people in place to move this team forward. My patience and goodwill tho is used up. A loss doesn’t affect me like it used to, and I don’t move heaven and earth anymore to get to a game.

If they don’t make a good faith effort to right the ship, I’ll lose all interest. It’s like going back again and again to an abusive relationship. I’m not interested in Blake James, or a BOT holding me hostage anymore.

I'm right there with you. I still go to the home games when I can, mostly because my 11-year old loves going, and it's great father/son time. But I stopped spending $ on away games a decade ago. I think OSU was my last straw. I can't fathom how fans still fly to these away games only to get throttled every time. Bravo if you do but you are a glutton for punishment.

This is exactly where I'm at. I love watching the games, but I hate the feeling that any time something bad happens, it will lead to a loss. The optimism just isn't there and it takes the joy out of watching.
It’s sad… the team used to mean something to the community. Not so much anymore. Either get it right this time, or be upfront with us that you’re not interested in competing for anything beyond the occasional Coastal title and a loss in the ACC-CG. At least that way you can move past all the venom and animosity from the fanbase.

I'm right there with you. I still go to the home games when I can, mostly because my 11-year old loves going, and it's great father/son time. But I stopped spending $ on away games a decade ago. I think OSU was my last straw. I can't fathom how fans still fly to these away games only to get throttled every time. Bravo if you do but you are a glutton for punishment.
I’ve got 3 and 6 yr old sons at home. I struggle with the thought of passing my fandom down. On the one hand, football is great father/son time. OTH…What kind of a-hole knowingly gives their kids a toilet bowl full of frustration and misery?

Advertisement
So many. I’ve been spending more time commuting into Manhattan so I have lots of listening hours…

I listen to Roman from CIS “Orange Bowl Boys”. It’s very entertaining and they get some great guests.

Max from CIS also has a weekly podcast which is good. He is part of a group that seems to “guest” on each other’s podcasts: Flo Motion being one of them. Flo always seems to have some info- he talks to players, parents and whoever he has connections to in Hecht.

I’ve learned to listen and then just see where the info goes…
The Flo channel is interesting. Apparently They use the channel’s revenue to finance NIL deals, so obviously they have a connection w some players and their families. Doesn’t mean what they say will come to pass in terms of coaching changes and admin issues, but that’s a good source for insight into the team.

I only go to games in North Carolina because I visit immediate family.

I went to the Bama game this year but that will be my last road game until things change. I didn’t even go to the UNC game this year. Punishment is right!!!

The Flo channel is interesting. Apparently They use the channel’s revenue to finance NIL deals, so obviously they have a connection w some players and their families. Doesn’t mean what they say will come to pass in terms of coaching changes and admin issues, but that’s a good source for insight into the team.
yes. I've been watching it for the past month or so. so far, he's been right more than he's been wrong...

Advertisement
I’ve got 3 and 6 yr old sons at home. I struggle with the thought of passing my fandom down. On the one hand, football is great father/son time. OTH…What kind of a-hole knowingly gives their kids a toilet bowl full of frustration and misery?
It’s tough making those decisions. However, it can be turned into a positive learning experience for youngin’s. You’re not going to win every time you do something, but you should still give your best.

You have to re-adjust your fandom. I've been spoiled with 5 NC's in my lifetime (really 4 has a rabid fan as I was a little too young in '83). After losing to the likes of MSU and Virginia at home, my gut says, to **** with this program until they show a commitment to winning. But my son just wants to go to the games and cheer for touchdowns with his dad. I'm not going to stand in the way of that. And one day, in the not so distant future (hopefully), it will pay off with big time winning football.

Advertisement
Mario is not coming here as long as Flake is here. Even with a new AD, outside of the family, there's a better chance of Dee Wiggins catching a deep ball than Mario leaving Oregon to come here.

*catching a deep ball against anyone but fsu. he just runs the same backside post every year against those clowns and is guaranteed a td.

Only recruited 1 in 2019 and he transferred. Got 2 highly touted signees in 2020 and a Top 40 overall kid in 2021, but in a bizarre twist, he feels that experienced kids sometimes are more reliable, especially early in a season. Very unique path for a coach. Normally you just immediately play all your freshmen right off the bat, they rarely make mistakes and are oftentimes very dependable in the first few games.

Additionally, the BC reject is 6-1, Oregon is #7 in the country, and is in the driver's seat to win their division and play for a conference title. Again.
Sarcasm noted! Love your posts but even you can acknowledge he single handled almost blew the ucla game no?

And he enters the season ranked loses to an instate rival and Baylor.
Again, every coach has question marks including Mario... even Saban has losses you could question. The guy clearly bats well above Iowa State's weight class and consistently beats teams with much, much more talent. There is a reason NFL teams have tried to hire him, but he is not good enough for the University of Miami in 2021. If you have questions about some of his losses then I would love to hear thoughts on other candidates that you think are good enough to coach here.

It’s tough making those decisions. However, it can be turned into a positive learning experience for youngin’s. You’re not going to win every time you do something, but you should still give your best.
You hear that University of Miami??!! You should give it your best!!

But yes… there’s definitely lessons to be learned here.

Advertisement
Back