Moves are being made

Already happening. Dolphins did that to me. I used to follow the Dolphins religiously. Never missed a game on TV. I have only bothered to watch parts of a game a couple times over the last three years.

Last couple years I've recorded most Canes games, then checked the scores after. If they lose, I just delete it. Not worth three hours of my life.
Same. Been a Phin fan since the 70's. Howard Twilley came to my practice once. He also brought his kid to my skating rink. I would fly over to the skate counter to get their skates. After last year I figured I'd watch them this year. Of course it's my fault. Canes games I'll record and if they lose I delete as well. Win and I FF through. So tired of Miami football.

Advertisement
The funny thing with that quote is he said it thinking it sounded better for us to have not mentally showed up than get our asses kicked. As if it was a good excuse. Not being prepared and mentally showing up with the ACCCG appearance on the line was way, way worse than the Clemson loss.

Incidentally, I’m mentally checked out until Manny is gone. I’m going out for dinner tonight and not having this impact me.

Edit - I am also emotionally bankrupt after the last three years.
I've got a christening to go to tomorrow so I'll probably check out after the 1Q. Normally I'd turn up bleary eyed.

Has anyone wondered the possibility that Zo wouldn’t be this vocal and attached by so many as a possibility of being the AD or football only AD unless he actually knew who the head coach would be?

Seems like a pretty smart guy to be all gung ho and then take the job without having a specific plan.
It’s almost as if there has already been a lot of movement behind the scenes. Maybe manny was fired after UVA, but his father intervened and got the BOT to allow manny a few more weeks, or maybe to finish the season, before the firing was announced. Maybe tomorrow will be a big day? Maybe BJ wasn’t even involved in those decisions, and is being frozen out of football?

It’s almost as if there has already been a lot of movement behind the scenes. Maybe manny was fired after UVA, but his father intervened and got the BOT to allow manny a few more weeks, or maybe to finish the season, before the firing was announced. Maybe tomorrow will be a big day? Maybe BJ wasn’t even involved in those decisions, and is being frozen out of football?
this is the chatter on some of the podcasts. It's been talked about for a couple of weeks. What still is unknown is how long the reprieve is......

Advertisement
Advertisement
Paul DiMare. That’s my attempt at some levity of course. Correct on not being equal…to a degree. I’m an advocate for bombarding neutral above pro and anti. Give me a bit and I’ll PM you some details
@jp2344 hopefully the BOT didn’t get to you like they did @cribby. Please tell me a decent win versus an above average team hasn’t stopped the waves of change within Miami Athletics

Till tomorrow. Maybe.

What pods do u listen to?
So many. I’ve been spending more time commuting into Manhattan so I have lots of listening hours…

I listen to Roman from CIS “Orange Bowl Boys”. It’s very entertaining and they get some great guests.

Max from CIS also has a weekly podcast which is good. He is part of a group that seems to “guest” on each other’s podcasts: Flo Motion being one of them. Flo always seems to have some info- he talks to players, parents and whoever he has connections to in Hecht.

I’ve learned to listen and then just see where the info goes…

Advertisement
So many. I’ve been spending more time commuting into Manhattan so I have lots of listening hours…

I listen to Roman from CIS “Orange Bowl Boys”. It’s very entertaining and they get some great guests.

Max from CIS also has a weekly podcast which is good. He is part of a group that seems to “guest” on each other’s podcasts: Flo Motion being one of them. Flo always seems to have some info- he talks to players, parents and whoever he has connections to in Hecht.

I’ve learned to listen and then just see where the info goes…
Listening is a lost characteristic these days.

Advertisement
Already happening. Dolphins did that to me. I used to follow the Dolphins religiously. Never missed a game on TV. I have only bothered to watch parts of a game a couple times over the last three years.

Last couple years I've recorded most Canes games, then checked the scores after. If they lose, I just delete it. Not worth three hours of my life.
I am surprised by this daddio. I still watch but the game day board has made it enjoyable. I lose my mind, then get rational, then lose it. Then I accept reality until the next game. I love the commentary. Watching is hard so I understand why you basically ‘screen the call’ if you will in regards to games.

I am surprised by this daddio. I still watch but the game day board has made it enjoyable. I lose my mind, then get rational, then lose it. Then I accept reality until the next game. I love the commentary. Watching is hard so I understand why you basically ‘screen the call’ if you will in regards to games.

The board commentary makes it bearable. It is a Double edged sword though, I almost ended up sleeping on the sofa on Saturday night as I was reading the post game writeups and put the phone down without looking at the screen to go take a leak. Didn't realize the screen was filled with booty pictures and my wife did not enjoy seeing those photos as much as I did.

The board commentary makes it bearable. It is a Double edged sword though, I almost ended up sleeping on the sofa on Saturday night as I was reading the post game writeups and put the phone down without looking at the screen to go take a leak. Didn't realize the screen was filled with booty pictures and my wife did not enjoy seeing those photos as much as I did.
Ooooops. Tough battle. You can blame it on the message board and then your wife hit’s you with being a grown man losing your mind in a message board. You can’t win.

Advertisement
Back