Moves are being made

Advertisement
Believe me I understand. I was trying to find a limited way to have him here without him running rampant all over the place but I know it’s a no go.
Me and you are probably one of his biggest advocates. Outside of NYSOM's schtick he was a cool *** movie, a smart guy and can talk sports with the best of em.
Understandable if his schtick rubbed a lot of ppl wrong, it is what it is.
But also him without his schtick on CIS.... he would just he a regular poster, or like he was before he adopted the "happy" schtick" he was a negative *** mope to the core. I forgot what message boards he frequents, now.

Advertisement
Me and you are probably one of his biggest advocates. Outside of NYSOM's schtick he was a cool *** movie, a smart guy and can talk sports with the best of em.
Understandable if his schtick rubbed a lot of ppl wrong, it is what it is.
But also him without his schtick on CIS.... he would just he a regular poster, or like he was before he adopted the "happy" schtick" he was a negative *** mope to the core. I forgot what message boards he frequents, now.
Too much schtick and it becomes like College Football Gameday where it gets goofy and overplayed vs just ******* talking about a sport that doesn’t need schtick.

Instead of just talking Canes and Canes football good bad both, CIS has gone the way of ESPN with feeling the need of having “personalities” vs just ******* posting.

Every poster has their own personality without needing to create one ultra-intentionally - that takes more away from the board than it adds

Back to waiting for the newest insider tip on the “moves”

Advertisement
Do you base that on his .421 winning percentage as a head coach or his eye for talent?
Well he overachieved in his first two seasons. Winning percentage doesn't always tell the whole story. His first season many expected that team to go 0-16 and he finished the second 5-4. His 2nd season many thought it was a 6-7 win team and he went 10-6. I just think his disciplinary style would work well in a college system

Oh, how the mighty have fallen… and can’t get up.
1635007026788.gif

Advertisement
My favorite Manny quote of all time..

The funny thing with that quote is he said it thinking it sounded better for us to have not mentally showed up than get our asses kicked. As if it was a good excuse. Not being prepared and mentally showing up with the ACCCG appearance on the line was way, way worse than the Clemson loss.

Incidentally, I’m mentally checked out until Manny is gone. I’m going out for dinner tonight and not having this impact me.

Edit - I am also emotionally bankrupt after the last three years.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Patience only lasts so long. They stand a real chance at permanently losing fans if they ***** up this hire.

Already happening. Dolphins did that to me. I used to follow the Dolphins religiously. Never missed a game on TV. I have only bothered to watch parts of a game a couple times over the last three years.

Last couple years I've recorded most Canes games, then checked the scores after. If they lose, I just delete it. Not worth three hours of my life.

Already happening. Dolphins did that to me. I used to follow the Dolphins religiously. Never missed a game on TV. I have only bothered to watch parts of a game a couple times over the last three years.

Last couple years I've recorded most Canes games, then checked the scores after. If they lose, I just delete it. Not worth three hours of my life.
Yup. I think I missed only a handful of Fins home games in high school and during the ten years after I graduated college. Now I may watch a quarter on TV. The Tua debacle was the final nail. And now they are going to compound that monumental mistake by trading away any chance to build a roster for Watson.

100% same boat. For me, having a kid last year only heightened this. I’d imagine a good number of people who grew up watching them in the heyday are in a similar place in life too. I don’t have the time to let this nonsense impact my day, and if Frenk and the board aren’t going to care enough to put forth a good product, I’m certainly not going to care enough to watch or donate.

Advertisement
Back