Moves are being made

tenor.gif

Advertisement
But in no way can he recruit S. Fl like Mario would be able to...not even in the same Hemisphere...
This is why I keep coming back to Mario with kiffin as a close 2nd. I don’t care if he wins every game by 1 point. Matt Campbell loses to almost every good team he plays and is mentioned for every job out there but people clown Mario?

Advertisement
Mario would kill it recruiting S Fl...he has HUGE connections in S Fl....he'd have a great staff as well....
I think Mario would kill it down here, but our Toxic Fanbase would grow weary of the three point wins over App State and the close shave against the Carmelite Sisterhood.

That defensive collapse against UCLA may be a feature of MarioKart, not a bug.

I think Mario would kill it down here, but our Toxic Fanbase would grow weary of the three point wins over App State and the close shave against the Carmelite Sisterhood.

That defensive collapse against UCLA may be a feature of MarioKart, not a bug.
He has some notable injuries on defense...but what I've about Mario is his recruiting prowness...

Advertisement
This is why I keep coming back to Mario with kiffin as a close 2nd. I don’t care if he wins every game by 1 point. Matt Campbell loses to almost every good team he plays and is mentioned for every job out there but people clown Mario?
One is at Oregon with every resource available and a roster littered with four and five stars. The other is at Iowa State.

Advertisement
Why is he stuck with a bc reject at qb?

Only recruited 1 in 2019 and he transferred. Got 2 highly touted signees in 2020 and a Top 40 overall kid in 2021, but in a bizarre twist, he feels that experienced kids sometimes are more reliable, especially early in a season. Very unique path for a coach. Normally you just immediately play all your freshmen right off the bat, they rarely make mistakes and are oftentimes very dependable in the first few games.

Additionally, the BC reject is 6-1, Oregon is #7 in the country, and is in the driver's seat to win their division and play for a conference title. Again.

Already happening. Dolphins did that to me. I used to follow the Dolphins religiously. Never missed a game on TV. I have only bothered to watch parts of a game a couple times over the last three years.

Last couple years I've recorded most Canes games, then checked the scores after. If they lose, I just delete it. Not worth three hours of my life.
Went thru the same process with the dolphins. First I gave up the season tickets and just watched live on TV. After a few seasons I started recording the games and watching later. Now, I don’t even bother checking the scores. Couldn’t care less.

I’ll never root for a hurricanes loss, I want them to win AND I expect the administration to put the right people in place to move this team forward. My patience and goodwill tho is used up. A loss doesn’t affect me like it used to, and I don’t move heaven and earth anymore to get to a game.

If they don’t make a good faith effort to right the ship, I’ll lose all interest. It’s like going back again and again to an abusive relationship. I’m not interested in Blake James, or a BOT holding me hostage anymore.

Advertisement
I keep hearing that but I stand by Campbell getting worked by every good team he plays. That guy gets hall passes for winning 8 games. It’s a bit ridiculous.
I don’t think he is coming, so it is a bit of a moot point, but what were Jimmy Johnson and Dennis Erickson’s records before coming here?

With regards to Campbell, the facts just don’t support your opinion at all. He beat #3 Oklahoma and #4 TCU in 2017, his second year. In 2018 he beat #6 WV. In 2019, he beat a ranked Texas team and lost by one at Oklahoma. In 2020, he beat ranked Oklahoma, Texas, and Oregon teams and lost by three at #6 Oklahoma State.

You all are waiting for Saban to walk through the doors, and short of him EVERY coach in the country has some question marks.

What do you base his not wanting to come here on if we fire Blake?
Because he has already put in the trench work to build the roster with his personnel, the unlimited money and actual support from the athletic department, which is committed to a winning program. If he comes here, he has talented underclassmen but he still has to build the program in his image. There may be promises but no track record of the BOT giving a **** about athletics and he has been passed over for this job in the past. The only factor's that work to our advantage is the possibility of hiring Alonzo or someone he respects, and his wifey wanting to live in S. Florida again. I hope that is enough. I hope I am wrong, I just don't see the pros and cons going in our direction.

Went thru the same process with the dolphins. First I gave up the season tickets and just watched live on TV. After a few seasons I started recording the games and watching later. Now, I don’t even bother checking the scores. Couldn’t care less.

I’ll never root for a hurricanes loss, I want them to win AND I expect the administration to put the right people in place to move this team forward. My patience and goodwill tho is used up. A loss doesn’t affect me like it used to, and I don’t move heaven and earth anymore to get to a game.

If they don’t make a good faith effort to right the ship, I’ll lose all interest. It’s like going back again and again to an abusive relationship. I’m not interested in Blake James, or a BOT holding me hostage anymore.
This is exactly where I'm at. I love watching the games, but I hate the feeling that any time something bad happens, it will lead to a loss. The optimism just isn't there and it takes the joy out of watching.

Advertisement
Back