Moves are being made

Napier isn’t coming here. He’s waiting for a bigger opportunity than that. He turned down South Carolina and they’re more committed to winning football than we are.
I think that we could be a "bigger opportunity" with a freaking real AD and more football resources.

Obviously, if Blake is not canned or if they promote Strawley, we might as well shut the program down.

Advertisement
Chud has contacts throughout the nfl on par with tHe best of them. We’d have an NFL level staff on par with what Butch had here no doubt in my mind. That’s how connected chud is. Our development and discipline issues would be a thing of the past as we would be a fundamentally sound team. You had that to the talent we currently have and the talent will attract with a legit nfl staff and the coastal is ours. Which will lead to Consistently being in the acc title game which will lead to winning it here and there and a shot at the playoffs. After the last 16 years ill
Take that in a heartbeat!
Sooooo if that be the case why is he in some nondescript role at BC at the moment?

Sooooo if that be the case why is he in some nondescript role at BC at the moment?
Yep. You nailed it. He last coached in the NFL in 2017. Then NO ONE, NFL or college, hired him for 3 years until he resurfaced with BC as a “special assistant to the HC” (wtf is that anyway??). If the guy is so good then why has his only job in the last 5 years been an assistant at BC?

Advertisement
Chud has contacts throughout the nfl on par with tHe best of them. We’d have an NFL level staff on par with what Butch had here no doubt in my mind. That’s how connected chud is. Our development and discipline issues would be a thing of the past as we would be a fundamentally sound team. You add that to the talent we currently have and the talent will attract with a legit nfl staff and the coastal is ours. Which will lead to Consistently being in the acc title game which will lead to winning it here and there and a shot at the playoffs. After the last 16 years ill
Take that in a heartbeat!
I had heard through cane bloggers that Chud might not be interested in coaching but maybe more the organizational side of the football program like the GM role if not AD?

Advertisement
I have a feeling Chud is whom @Alex Jones was referring to a while back as a name of a former coach we would revisit.

Aside from the slim chances with Mario you state & pointing out the reasons that many, including @Liberty City El has stated regarding MC, are you saying we can basically eliminate from likelihood thinking on names like Freeze, Kiffin, Fickel, Napier, etc?

So the potential leader in the club house is Chud???

Fed Up Reaction GIF
**** My Life Reaction GIF
**** my life fml GIF
Role Playing Reaction GIF by Hyper RPG
I’d be more surprised if Freeze or Kiffin landed here than I would be if a donor funded stadium built in the image of the OB plopping down in the middle of the Gables. It ain’t happening.

Don’t get me wrong. The names everyone mentions, with the exception of the ones with a checkered past, will be pursued I have no doubt. I just don’t think it’s going to happen based on where we are. I hope I’m surprised but I just don’t think it’s the case.

As for people bowing out when it comes to attendance, money, and involvement? Yes I do think the prez gets it and yes I do agree if things don’t change it won’t have a chance of coming back. Athletically he’s clueless. He does understand the power of pocketbook and the unnecessary, at least in his mind, pain in the *** and drag the athletic programs have been as a whole. It’s an issue he understands he can’t just continue to disregard.

As for the pluses and minuses of candidates. I disagree as far as it comes to Chud. My athletic career took me through college and a cup of coffee after. That then led into coaching for several years. Since leaving that sphere, which is a very long and underwhelming road, I can say I have continual and great relationships with those I both played and coached with to include two MLB managers. The NFL network of coaches like any other is filled with guys who traveled a long and bitter road with tons of stops. To think that network is not there between the college and pro level is short sighted.

And as for those with the room temperature IQ’s with funny responses. You’re here on this board for a reason. You’re here to occasionally get a nugget or two of information that pans out or that gives hope to the program we all love. I don’t know how this will all shake out but I will say everything related is what is occurring. Does JF get cold feet and keep the status quo? Maybe, but very highly unlikely.

I’m privileged to come from a long line of Canes who years before I was a twinkle in my parents eyes we’re All-Americans in their respective sports while representing this university. It’s dimwits who simply complain, drop a few bucks here and there on some gear or go to a game, and who constantly ***** and complain which makes the optics of this university and its athletics worse. All while having no real solutions to the problems. I highly recommend those who fit this category to find someone with some intelligence and the ability to take a step back to email bomb any and everyone from the prez down and to make financials contingent upon change.

Chud should the 3rd option in the “break glass in case of emergency” case. Not one of the top 3 options overall.

If money is not going to be an issue, then why would the university settle? I’d buy Chud if no Alonzo in admin role. As head coach, I would need to know who the assistants are going to be.

Thanks for sharing. Chud would be an awful hire.

Contrary to what you all may think, I do think we can attract strong P5 HC candidates provided we show committment to investing $ into the program...

If admin does the following, I guarantee you very good coaches will listen:

1) get rid of James in his current capacity
2) Hire a competent AD or put Zo as a GM role or whatever
3) Hire a search firm
4) commit to coaching candidates that we would fund a competent staff and support staff ($12-13m per year)
Exactly. You know how we instantly dispel the supposed committment stigma that any potential new head coach candidate might perceive about the school and football? You lay out to them in the interview or even in sending out feelers the amount of money we're willing to spend. This will either change their mind immediately or solidify their preconceived notion. There won't be a whole lot of gray area here or guessing about what our level of commitment is or will be.

Advertisement
The guys with the big checks are contacting Chud? Honestly? That's the best we can do? He hasn't been a Head Coach anywhere in almost 10 years. Who would he fill out his staff with? Does he even have guys who would come with him?

I mean, if you hire someone like Lane, he's bringing Lebby. He's bringing Chris Partridge. He's bringing DJ Durkin. The Head Coach is NOT the end all issue. Who is he surrounding himself with? Does Chud even have a network of people he could bring here with him? Again, I don't even think he coached anywhere in the late 2010's and then the last 2 years has been in an admin role in Chestnut Hill. He's poaching BC coaches? NFL guys he coached with are leaving the league to be position coaches here? This is embarrassing.
Contacting several people. The responses have not been overwhelming to my understanding.

Advertisement
Well that makes me feel….about 1000x worse. If everything you posted is true, and they really do realize what a mess it is and how crucial this hire is, and that leads them to make Chud the leader in the clubhouse- then we are beyond the point of no return.

We lose prestige every year. The kids playing now don’t remember us being good. Each bad hire sets us back further and pushes us farther down in the pecking order. A Chud hire is a total joke. He has never done it. We cannot afford another coach getting OJT here.

I really hope that either you are misinformed (not likely given what you wrote) or that it is early and the direction changes. A Chud hire would be tantamount to accepting that we are a mid-tier ACC team in perpetuity.

I’m done if Chud is the nxt HC. Exit stage left for this guy. I can play 36 holes every Saturday.

Advertisement
Back