Moves are being made

Advertisement
I’ve heard little specifics when it comes to AD other than the hiring of an outside source to search. As for people’s reluctance with Chud. Understand Chud is an alpha who is comfortable enough in himself to put other respectable pieces around him in place, a la the opposite of what we have now. I think that’s vital. For anyone who played any reasonably high level athletics you know your interactions with the HC on a large team is minimal while the majority is with your position coach. Chud has more than enough experience and clout to put those pieces in place unlike the BS we’ve seen with AG and Manny. THERE WILL NOT be any Patke’s or bartenders in charge of the various units.

@SouthParkCane you are correct. This is not a prestigious job right now. And to be quite frank we do not have top level personnel either. Yes there are pieces, very good ones at QB, RB, and S. But let’s face it, when Jimmy Gaines looks like LT compared to what we’ve run out now we’ve got a problem. The bottom line is half measures WILL NOT work.

And as far as information goes it’s as solid as can be. Whether or not things change I can’t tell you. I can say the prez does notice and is not content on where things are.
Of everyone I've read on this board, I actually happen to believe you the most. This just sounds logical. So thank you. You may not be able to answer this but if we are able to move out Blake James sooner rather than later and higher a competent athletic director, could we potentially expand the pool for a big name coach who may not currently be employed Chris Petersen, Tom Herman, etc?

Contacting several people. The responses have not been overwhelming to my understanding.

Context? You mean the responses from other coaches with potential interest in this gig or contacting your people for feedback on chud?

Chud?! I like the guy a lot but I'm sorry as I'd instantly question his passion and motivations for taking the job. For yearrrrrs his name was always mentioned for openings here and it was always very quickly knocked down as him having zero interest. The quickness of these retorts leads one to absolutely believe they were coming from Chud himself.

Now fast forward many years and there's almost zero cache to his name across football and he's in a non-descript position at BC of all places and NOW he has interest? If true, it seems more like either the act of a desperate man or one looking to build his name back up rather than one with some fire to save his alma mater's football program.

I could be too harsh here but this is absolutely a mistake we cannot risk making.
Understand where you are coming from on the interest but I understand that has changed. The gist I got was at that time being more pro game minded. To my understanding that has changed based on experience. We will see.

Advertisement
I’d be more surprised if Freeze or Kiffin landed here than I would be if a donor funded stadium built in the image of the OB plopping down in the middle of the Gables. It ain’t happening.

Don’t get me wrong. The names everyone mentions, with the exception of the ones with a checkered past, will be pursued I have no doubt. I just don’t think it’s going to happen based on where we are. I hope I’m surprised but I just don’t think it’s the case.

As for people bowing out when it comes to attendance, money, and involvement? Yes I do think the prez gets it and yes I do agree if things don’t change it won’t have a chance of coming back. Athletically he’s clueless. He does understand the power of pocketbook and the unnecessary, at least in his mind, pain in the *** and drag the athletic programs have been as a whole. It’s an issue he understands he can’t just continue to disregard.

As for the pluses and minuses of candidates. I disagree as far as it comes to Chud. My athletic career took me through college and a cup of coffee after. That then led into coaching for several years. Since leaving that sphere, which is a very long and underwhelming road, I can say I have continual and great relationships with those I both played and coached with to include two MLB managers. The NFL network of coaches like any other is filled with guys who traveled a long and bitter road with tons of stops. To think that network is not there between the college and pro level is short sighted.

And as for those with the room temperature IQ’s with funny responses. You’re here on this board for a reason. You’re here to occasionally get a nugget or two of information that pans out or that gives hope to the program we all love. I don’t know how this will all shake out but I will say everything related is what is occurring. Does JF get cold feet and keep the status quo? Maybe, but very highly unlikely.

I’m privileged to come from a long line of Canes who years before I was a twinkle in my parents eyes we’re All-Americans in their respective sports while representing this university. It’s dimwits who simply complain, drop a few bucks here and there on some gear or go to a game, and who constantly ***** and complain which makes the optics of this university and its athletics worse. All while having no real solutions to the problems. I highly recommend those who fit this category to find someone with some intelligence and the ability to take a step back to email bomb any and everyone from the prez down and to make financials contingent upon change.
Funny & fair point on Kiffin & Freeze analogy to the stadium.

I think a lot of people here figured that would be the case with any candidate with a checkered past (Kiffin, Gruden, Urban, etc -insert fantasy here……).

Sounds like you are saying, since the President who doesn’t really care about sports, is taking advice on “A do not hire list” from somebody. Who is that? BOTs, other advisers that don’t know about football (to not want to give Kiffin or say, a Freeze, a second chance)? What about a Schiano?

Is there a committee & are there any football people on that committee? What comes first: the coach or the AD hire?

Thanks for all of the info you provided!

Why the **** wait if we continue to get blown out?
Waiting for him to be officially eliminated from winning the Coastal. Right now he still has a chance to get this team there. Will he? **** no, could the talent that is on this team just be better then the teams they are playing and over come ****** coaching? Sure. Either way it wont happen

Advertisement
Chud should the 3rd option in the “break glass in case of emergency” case. Not one of the top 3 options overall.

If money is not going to be an issue, then why would the university settle? I’d buy Chud if no Alonzo in admin role. As head coach, I would need to know who the assistants are going to be.
It’s not a case of the university settling. It’s a case of who wants the job.

Advertisement
If they reject Aranda but hire Chud, you can ******* forget it.
The more I think about Aranda...the more I start to like him. He's a stud DC and hired a tremendous OC in Jeff Grimes.

I feel like I keep flipflopping week in/week out on the flavor of the week but it just goes to shows there are some actual decent options out there. No 100% for sure home runs. But plenty of what look to be good coaching options that can stabilize the program.

Advertisement
The more I think about Aranda...the more I start to like him. He's a stud DC and hired a tremendous OC in Jeff Grimes.

I feel like I keep flipflopping week in/week out on the flavor of the week but it just goes to shows there are some actual decent options out there. No 100% for sure home runs. But plenty of what look to be good coaching options that can stabilize the program.

I like Dave but 2 years isn't enough for me. Manny even had a good second year and we know he sucks lol.

My man, you have to be more precise...you mean there's no interest on Chud's part?
Yes there’s interest. As far as other contacts the perception is little to no as the initial contacts were not met with enthusiasm. For fairness I was not present for those, just seemed pretty apparent based on my convo with those people and their associations.

Strawley not in the mix. Will be an outside hire.
Denzel Washington Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Back