Moves are being made

Advertisement
I’d be more surprised if Freeze or Kiffin landed here than I would be if a donor funded stadium built in the image of the OB plopping down in the middle of the Gables. It ain’t happening.

Don’t get me wrong. The names everyone mentions, with the exception of the ones with a checkered past, will be pursued I have no doubt. I just don’t think it’s going to happen based on where we are. I hope I’m surprised but I just don’t think it’s the case.

As for people bowing out when it comes to attendance, money, and involvement? Yes I do think the prez gets it and yes I do agree if things don’t change it won’t have a chance of coming back. Athletically he’s clueless. He does understand the power of pocketbook and the unnecessary, at least in his mind, pain in the *** and drag the athletic programs have been as a whole. It’s an issue he understands he can’t just continue to disregard.

As for the pluses and minuses of candidates. I disagree as far as it comes to Chud. My athletic career took me through college and a cup of coffee after. That then led into coaching for several years. Since leaving that sphere, which is a very long and underwhelming road, I can say I have continual and great relationships with those I both played and coached with to include two MLB managers. The NFL network of coaches like any other is filled with guys who traveled a long and bitter road with tons of stops. To think that network is not there between the college and pro level is short sighted.

And as for those with the room temperature IQ’s with funny responses. You’re here on this board for a reason. You’re here to occasionally get a nugget or two of information that pans out or that gives hope to the program we all love. I don’t know how this will all shake out but I will say everything related is what is occurring. Does JF get cold feet and keep the status quo? Maybe, but very highly unlikely.

I’m privileged to come from a long line of Canes who years before I was a twinkle in my parents eyes we’re All-Americans in their respective sports while representing this university. It’s dimwits who simply complain, drop a few bucks here and there on some gear or go to a game, and who constantly ***** and complain which makes the optics of this university and its athletics worse. All while having no real solutions to the problems. I highly recommend those who fit this category to find someone with some intelligence and the ability to take a step back to email bomb any and everyone from the prez down and to make financials contingent upon change.
I’ll email along with my little pocket change in hopes for change. What’s it going to hurt

Advertisement
The Chud stuff isn't a surprise in the sense that if this potential revolution is being pushed by ex players and boosters they're gonna look for the familiar which is why a competent AD is important. One not beholden to others and can't get pushed around. If we're looking to hire someone currently getting paid by Boston College it should be Chud's boss.

Advertisement
Bottom line is this guys. We all know it here because of our interest but the admin is realizing how bad things are finally. From my understanding it’s a combination of financials, perception, and people deep inside the athletic department and outsiders pressing on how bad it is. And yes the athletic department culture, not all but a large part is toxic. It’s unfortunate it has to come this far but I’m optimistic based on what I’m hearing. It is VERY different from what I’ve been privy to and I’ve unfortunately seen and heard lots of troubling stuff going back to 05-06’ after leaving school.

Undoubtedly I’ll hear more as time goes on and will update accordingly. Above all keep supporting the kids who represent the university with everything they got. Unfortunately, because of the lack of try leadership at the coaching level, that’s not the case with some but is with many. Keep beating the war drums respectfully yet firmly with the admin and hope this ball continues to roll down the hill it is.

Advertisement
Bottom line is this guys. We all know it here because of our interest but the admin is realizing how bad things are finally. From my understanding it’s a combination of financials, perception, and people deep inside the athletic department and outsiders pressing on how bad it is. And yes the athletic department culture, not all but a large part is toxic. It’s unfortunate it has to come this far but I’m optimistic based on what I’m hearing. It is VERY different from what I’ve been privy to and I’ve unfortunately seen and heard lots of troubling stuff going back to 05-06’ after leaving school.

Undoubtedly I’ll hear more as time goes on and will update accordingly. Above all keep supporting the kids who represent the university with everything they got. Unfortunately, because of the lack of try leadership at the coaching level, that’s not the case with some but is with many. Keep beating the war drums respectfully yet firmly with the admin and hope this ball continues to roll down the hill it is.
Gosh I want this done ASAP with Blake gone. He has has 8 years. No reason to wait with him. None at all.

Advertisement
The board , administration and decision makers have wrecked this sports car. Not manny or even Blake. Do you know the level of negligent buffoonery is needed to make this program into what it’s become? Then to have the nerve to then say “ it’s not a premier job”. This program , it’s brand and reputation has been destroyed the last 15-20 years by people who gives zero ***** about football , winning or being a football power.

Anytime they do anything it’s because they get publicly called out , just like the facilities. They were constantly ripped about how prehistoric they were and does the program even care? Then suddenly we put money into the facilities.

Lets talk about why Miami isn’t viewed as a premier job, why do you suppose the job has lost luster? Even though it’s sitting in the biggest recruiting hotspot in the country? Why would any coach put his career and reputation on the line to go coach a program ran by absolute twits? A program that cares more about an AD that raises money versus if he knows anything about sports or hiring coaches.

What Herbie and the espn guys said about Miami is old news. Everyone around cfb knows Miami isn’t serious about football , winning or spending money. So why go somewhere that doesn’t care , spend or have an infrastructure for winning from the top down? The reputation is like starter or Reebok , at one time they were a big deal but once you see them in wal mart the reputation / brand has been devalued.

Like I said earlier they don’t care until it’s too late or they’re getting called out nationally , now they have a little bit of a fire under their asses. Because the light is now shining on them for the first time. Suddenly national fans / media are finding out what we’ve known for years.

So spare me on the premier job talk , especially with who likely said that. Those ******** crated this.

Advertisement
Back