Moves are being made

Advertisement
The Chud stuff isn't a surprise in the sense that if this potential revolution is being pushed by ex players and boosters they're gonna look for the familiar which is why a competent AD is important. One not beholden to others and can't get pushed around. If we're looking to hire someone currently getting paid by Boston College it should be Chud's boss.
With the University of Miami football you can be sure of three things….death , taxes and Chudzinski will be on the possible candidates list. If that guy wasn’t affiliated with Miami these twits wouldn’t even know who he is , just like the rest of cfb. At least Mario has created a resume and reputation.

The board , administration and decision makers have wrecked this sports car. Not manny or even Blake. Do you know the level of negligent buffoonery is needed to make this program into what it’s become? Then to have the nerve to then say “ it’s not a premier job”. This program , it’s brand and reputation has been destroyed the last 15-20 years by people who gives zero ***** about football , winning or being a football power.

Anytime they do anything it’s because they get publicly called out , just like the facilities. They were constantly ripped about how prehistoric they were and does the program even care? Then suddenly we put money into the facilities.

Lets talk about why Miami isn’t viewed as a premier job, why do you suppose the job has lost luster? Even though it’s sitting in the biggest recruiting hotspot in the country? Why would any coach put his career and reputation on the line to go coach a program ran by absolute twits? A program that cares more about an AD that raises money versus if he knows anything about sports or hiring coaches.

What Herbie and the espn guys said about Miami is old news. Everyone around cfb knows Miami isn’t serious about football , winning or spending money. So why go somewhere that doesn’t care , spend or have an infrastructure for winning from the top down? The reputation is like starter or Reebok , at one time they were a big deal but once you see them in wal mart the reputation / brand has been devalued.

Like I said earlier they don’t care until it’s too late or they’re getting called out nationally , now they have a little bit of a fire under their asses. Because the light is now shining on them for the first time. Suddenly national fans / media are finding out what we’ve known for years.

So spare me on the premier job talk , especially with who likely said that. Those ******** crated this.

I agree w this. you can get rid of Blake but it won't change **** if the same people above him go about their business as they've been doing the last 20 years

Wasn't the knock on Chud that he HATES recruiting?
Putting recruiters around someone like that sounds good until its time to close & parents think that the HC is uninterested or unable to connect.

And it sucks because I like Chud & wouldn't mind having him on a staff. But.. As HC? He hasn't recruited in what? 18 years? Does he even have high school connections anymore, much less sf connections?

This is a bit much.

Advertisement
With the University of Miami football you can be sure of three things….death , taxes and Chudzinski will be on the possible candidates list. If that guy wasn’t affiliated with Miami these twits wouldn’t even know who he is , just like the rest of cfb. At least Mario has created a resume and reputation.
im not even high on Mario but hes the only proven dude who would take this **** *** job bc of heart strings and family and other bs. if I were him, id stick it out at Oregon tbh lol

Wasn't the knock on Chud that he HATES recruiting?
Putting recruiters around someone like that sounds good until its time to close & parents think that the HC is uninterested or unable to connect.

And it sucks because I like Chud & wouldn't mind having him on a staff. But.. As HC? He hasn't recruited in what? 18 years? Does he even have high school connections anymore, much less sf connections?

This is a bit much.

see dan mullen. at some point, the hC has to like recruiting lol.

U get the feeling Mario is as big a stretch as the other poster? I know it's not a cake walk, automatic hire or anything. But that dude made it sound pretty bleak.

Advertisement
im not even high on Mario but hes the only proven dude who would take this **** *** job bc of heart strings and family and other bs. if I were him, id stick it out at Oregon tbh lol
All the premier job talk and coaches not being interested would suddenly change if they knew Miami wasn’t a bargain bin program. Trust me on that.

Chud?

Over It Abandon Thread GIF

That seems to be thought process, unfortunately I have no timeframe. That’s the concern with those I associate with is the progression of when this happens. Unfortunately with a couple they seem to think it’s Manny first and then BJ which is a problem. They’ve made it a point they’re concerned about Strawley at any time having any real input, even if it’s short term. The structure of athletic admin will no doubt have a weight in who will have interest. Let’s face it, anyone with what it takes to run this program will not be willing to work in the current environment or with uncertainty.

No. I think it’s because they are in scramble mode and otherwise feckless and lack testicular fortitude. I’m hoping it’s because they are listening and realizing there are multiple variables that need to change at the same time or one before the other, I.e. not leaving BJ with any decision making or the perception he has any.
This is what makes no sense to me. Why in the **** is Blake still AD if people realize that any form of logic would dictate they need to fire him, get his replacement, and then let that replacement pick the next coach. No AD worth a salt is coming here with a brand new coach they did not choose and then have their career tied to that guy. None of these people would run their businesses like this, so I just do not understand how they allow it to happen here. It is common business sense.

This is not the Manhattan Project. If there are roadblocks, which there should not be, move Blake to a non-AD role for now if you are not going to fire him and decide later. That should have been done weeks ago. Interview and hire a new AD, allowing that person to bring in his or her own people to fill out the AD. In time, they will get rid of Blake's loyalists just like any other organization that has a leadership change. Allow that AD to learn about the school, culture, problems, etc. over the next couple of months and then give that person autonomy to make a decision and run the department. Why is this such a difficult concept for people on the board, who themselves have been successful, to understand?

All the premier job talk and coaches not being interested would suddenly change if they knew Miami wasn’t a bargain bin program. Trust me on that.
I agree, but we haven't been serious even when we were great. we've done it the same way and the only diff is that CFB changed and we haven't. we lucked into titles

Advertisement
Chud isn’t happening. I have no inside info, but just because some old ***** at The Riv brought up his name, doesn’t mean anyone involved in the hiring process has even thought about him in connection with the job.

This is what makes no sense to me. Why in the **** is Blake still AD if people realize that any form of logic would dictate they need to fire him, get his replacement, and then let that replacement pick the next coach. No AD worth a salt is coming here with a brand new coach they did not choose and then have their career tied to that guy. None of these people would run their businesses like this, so I just do not understand how they allow it to happen here. It is common business sense.

This is not the Manhattan Project. If there are roadblocks, which there should not be, move Blake to a non-AD role for now if you are not going to fire him and decide later. That should have been done weeks ago. Interview and hire a new AD, allowing that person to bring in his or her own people to fill out the AD. In time, they will get rid of Blake's loyalists just like any other organization that has a leadership change. Allow that AD to learn about the school, culture, problems, etc. over the next couple of months and then give that person autonomy to make a decision and run the department. Why is this such a difficult concept for people on the board, who themselves have been successful, to understand?
The only rational response is they don't care.

U get the feeling Mario is as big a stretch as the other poster? I know it's not a cake walk, automatic hire or anything. But that dude made it sound pretty bleak.
Ive always said it’ll be tough , Miami will have to show him they have some kind of infrastructure or plan for the program going forward. They have to show coaches they’re serious. Even with that It’s not a given. But it’s a start and would get his interest and other serious candidates.

Advertisement
Chud isn’t happening. I have no inside info, but just because some old ***** at The Riv brought up his name, doesn’t mean anyone involved in the hiring process has even thought about him in connection with the job.
There’s people who always bring his name up every time the jobs open. They don’t know many names and they know he’s cheap lol. So he’s perfect!!! Lol.

Last edited:
I could pull basically any possible candidate I wanted in one meeting with two exhibits. The first would be a budget, which would be big — here’s what you get, spend it how you want. The second would be a video of the 2017 Miami/Notre Dame game. I’d make him watch it and tell him, with that budget I just gave you, no reason you can’t have that soon.

Advertisement
Back