Moves are being made

so if coaches are saying nah im good to this job, holy hsit, we may we may as well keep Manny and let him learn lol.
1634568505259.gif

Advertisement
Of everyone I've read on this board, I actually happen to believe you the most. This just sounds logical. So thank you. You may not be able to answer this but if we are able to move out Blake James sooner rather than later and higher a competent athletic director, could we potentially expand the pool for a big name coach who may not currently be employed Chris Petersen, Tom Herman, etc?
That seems to be thought process, unfortunately I have no timeframe. That’s the concern with those I associate with is the progression of when this happens. Unfortunately with a couple they seem to think it’s Manny first and then BJ which is a problem. They’ve made it a point they’re concerned about Strawley at any time having any real input, even if it’s short term. The structure of athletic admin will no doubt have a weight in who will have interest. Let’s face it, anyone with what it takes to run this program will not be willing to work in the current environment or with uncertainty.

It’s not a case of the university settling. It’s a case of who wants the job.
Do you know if the people reaching out are making it clear that the Athletic Department is going to be completely revamped and that we are willing to pay top dollar for a coach and staff (based on your first post)?

There is a huge difference to this job given the current limitations and this job given those upgrades.

If we cannot attract even mid-level candidates with top dollar then we really are dead.

Jack Nicholson You Cant Handle The Truth GIF

Advertisement
If Fernandez is involved then you best believe Manny Sr is involved at some level…..Hoping his involvement doesn’t mean a hire will be made that will keep him around in some capacity after all he got Manny hired and can’t be happy about him being fired…
They'll fire Blake and promote Manny to AD if that's the case.

I’d be interested to see who chud surrounds himself with. He’s a good football coach man. Not even trying to sell hope. But I would need some young blood that knew what they were doing around him imo
Who does he know? Who would even come? He hasn’t been in an on field college role in how long? Just not sure

if your opinion, if the interest is that low, do you think that could be a reason why they haven't blown Manny out the door yet?
No. I think it’s because they are in scramble mode and otherwise feckless and lack testicular fortitude. I’m hoping it’s because they are listening and realizing there are multiple variables that need to change at the same time or one before the other, I.e. not leaving BJ with any decision making or the perception he has any.

That seems to be thought process, unfortunately I have no timeframe. That’s the concern with those I associate with is the progression of when this happens. Unfortunately with a couple they seem to think it’s Manny first and then BJ which is a problem. They’ve made it a point they’re concerned about Strawley at any time having any real input, even if it’s short term. The structure of athletic admin will no doubt have a weight in who will have interest. Let’s face it, anyone with what it takes to run this program will not be willing to work in the current environment or with uncertainty.
It’s no different than at a corporation regarding the working environment.

Hoping that a total cleansing of the department with the right plan in place to present to Mario sounds like only chance, slim as it is.

Any possible role for Alonzo or the like?

Advertisement
I like Dave but 2 years isn't enough for me. Manny even had a good second year and we know he sucks lol.
For sure some concerns about the limited experience but I just don’t think there will be anything out there that won’t have a few question marks.

Honestly don’t even think he would consider us. That’s how far I think we’ve sunk.

Let’s use some context guys,

Would any of you accept a new job without knowing who your boss would be, knowing that the department was cleaning up messes from the last boss?

It doesnt surprise that there isnt much traction because of where we are in the current season and the trash still needs to be taken out.

Once Manny and BJ are fired the interest and dialogue will pick up

It’s not a case of the university settling. It’s a case of who wants the job.

Eh, could be nothing. This tells me that the school is just back channeling and collecting off the record interest. Once the school decides to formulate budget (as I indicated in prior post of staff of $12-13m) and AD restructuring, I guarantee more coaches will listen.

Advertisement
Do you know if the people reaching out are making it clear that the Athletic Department is going to be completely revamped and that we are willing to pay top dollar for a coach and staff (based on your first post)?

There is a huge difference to this job given the current limitations and this job given those upgrades.

If we cannot attract even mid-level candidates with top dollar then we really are dead.

Jack Nicholson You Cant Handle The Truth GIF
Yes as far as changes. I can only imagine anyone taking this or any job on need to see the change. Again, I know that’s been relayed to the prez on down as far how it needs to go.

Eh, could be nothing. This tells me that the school is just back channeling and collecting off the record interest. Once the school decides to formulate budget (as I indicated in prior post of staff of $12-13m) and AD restructuring, I guarantee more coaches will listen.
Really hoping this is the case.

Advertisement
Let’s use some context guys,

Would any of you accept a new job without knowing who your boss would be, knowing that the department was cleaning up messes from the last boss?

It doesnt surprise that there isnt much traction because of where we are in the current season and the trash still needs to be taken out.

Once Manny and BJ are fired the interest and dialogue will pick up
The importance of this hire - to not get the point that needs to be made that you must publicly fire the AD & Coach at the same time, is mind blowing.

15 years of this ineptitude & lack of caring to now, yeah the Titanic is sinking.

Will do, bro.
I'm just hoping our kids don't sleepwalk through a Monday night game versus Coral Springs.
That's a legit possibility, especially with how bad springs is.
Even if they start slow they will run the clock.
Them boys bad bad. Playbook is too

Advertisement
Back