Most Hated Recruit Award 2014

I like this Tad guy....

To the others whining, this is an internet message board. Nobody is wishing ill will on these kids. And they're being called out for handling the process poorly, not for not choosing our school. And even if it were simply for not choosing the school, this is college football. We have hated rivals. These players are now apart of our hated rivals. As football players, I hate them and love our guys.

It's all pretty much in jest. Get a ******* grip.

Advertisement
2013 Award goes to Matt Thomas just slightly over Alex Collins. Keith Bryant was too much of a "hoot" to be included.

Here is Genron and Patrick Johnson to introduce the 2014 nominees...

Ermon Lane
Quincy Wilson
Travis Rudolph
Travonte Valentine

Who ya got?

My vote goes to Lane. He just looks stupid on top of everything.

Uhh... E) None of the above.

Blame them, but don't forget, Golden and staff looks like clown college aftger 3 seasons. I can't believe we got any recruit after that bowl game.

sorry, as a grown *** man i dont not hate or get upset at any recruit trying to decide which college is best for them. the only reason any of you get upset in the first place, IMO, is because you are in constant need of information about said recruit and when that information isnt what you like to hear, YOU get upset like these kids are "playing games" just to **** with you. the fact this thread was even started and has been replied too, says something about some of you.
and please, go ahead and neg me if you dont agree, like that ******* does anything lmao

Advertisement
sorry, as a grown *** man i dont not hate or get upset at any recruit trying to decide which college is best for them. the only reason any of you get upset in the first place, IMO, is because you are in constant need of information about said recruit and when that information isnt what you like to hear, YOU get upset like these kids are "playing games" just to **** with you. the fact this thread was even started and has been replied too, says something about some of you.
and please, go ahead and neg me if you dont agree, like that ****ing does anything lmao

Rustled.
Sorry jimmie this is not the futbol board.

2013 Award goes to Matt Thomas just slightly over Alex Collins. Keith Bryant was too much of a "hoot" to be included.

Here is Genron and Patrick Johnson to introduce the 2014 nominees...

Ermon Lane
Quincy Wilson
Travis Rudolph
Travonte Valentine

Who ya got?

My vote goes to Lane. He just looks stupid on top of everything.

Lane. Totally agree.

I got Valentine... he better make it to the NFL or he'll be driving a truck 5 years from now.
I'm not a fan of the TV recruitment myself, but you sound like Lane Kiffin talking to Alshon Jeffrey bruh. C'mon man!!!

Advertisement
and please, go ahead and neg me if you dont agree, like that ****ing does anything lmao

You make some excellent points for a guy that's obviously too lazy to follow recruiting at all and is content to give himself a verbal pat on the back by resorting to the "bunch of grown men all worried bout some kids" tired *** argument. What size Keef Bryant jersey you wear? Smedium or extra smedium? It's all good. We're just happy if he's happy. I personally just want Quincy Wilson to become the best man he possibly can too. We're all winners as South Floridians when the local kids make good. I personally shed a few tears of joy and pride when Bridgewater throat slashed our sideline and fans after throwing up The U. Way to "rep the 305" young buck. Way to make us proud.

I am listening to replacements. Who else should be nominated in his place?

For Rudolph? To me easily and I mean EASILY Brandon Powell. Idk how you forgot him lol

I did forget him. But there are a lot of question marks surrounding his decommitment.

I didn't forget Bethel though with his dumbass tweets talking like he was some superstar. He falls in the not important enough category IMO. Also, ending up in Lubbock is enough of a punishment for that nerd.

And Gibbons is just some soft *** white kid who was afraid KC was going to treat him like Jonathan Martin.

Don't agree with this. The only thing to blame Gibbons for is doing it so late in the process. He should have decommitted earlier, giving us time to find a replacement. Interesting that he is called a "soft *** white kid." Typical ghetto attitude about kid who wants to be a good student. I don't blame him for a minute for picking Stanford over the U. When the U comes close to Stanford's academics, then there is an argument. I've been a U fan longer than most of you people have been alive, but I would go with the prestige of a Stanford degree.

Yeah, celebrate all the non-soft *** non-white kids who couldn't spell CAT if you spotted them the C and the A.

Go ahead, "neg" away, whatever that stupid word means...I keep looking for the "neg" button but haven't found it yet.

Let's be honest about the "prestige" of an undergraduate degree though. For the most part and especially in today's economy, if the kid is truly concerned with academics that's going to mean grad school. Him performing well academically at UM and having been an athlete would allow him his choice of graduate level opportunities. I mean a freaking FSU football player probably beat out tons of Ivy League grads to become a Rhodes Scholar. We're also assuming a lot about Gibbons academic prowess too. Stanford's entrance requirements for athletes are no more strenuous than ours.

I am listening to replacements. Who else should be nominated in his place?

For Rudolph? To me easily and I mean EASILY Brandon Powell. Idk how you forgot him lol

I did forget him. But there are a lot of question marks surrounding his decommitment.

I didn't forget Bethel though with his dumbass tweets talking like he was some superstar. He falls in the not important enough category IMO. Also, ending up in Lubbock is enough of a punishment for that nerd.

And Gibbons is just some soft *** white kid who was afraid KC was going to treat him like Jonathan Martin.

Don't agree with this. The only thing to blame Gibbons for is doing it so late in the process. He should have decommitted earlier, giving us time to find a replacement. Interesting that he is called a "soft *** white kid." Typical ghetto attitude about kid who wants to be a good student. I don't blame him for a minute for picking Stanford over the U. When the U comes close to Stanford's academics, then there is an argument. I've been a U fan longer than most of you people have been alive, but I would go with the prestige of a Stanford degree.

Yeah, celebrate all the non-soft *** non-white kids who couldn't spell CAT if you spotted them the C and the A.

Go ahead, "neg" away, whatever that stupid word means...I keep looking for the "neg" button but haven't found it yet.

Let's be honest about the "prestige" of an undergraduate degree though. For the most part and especially in today's economy, if the kid is truly concerned with academics that's going to mean grad school. Him performing well academically at UM and having been an athlete would allow him his choice of graduate level opportunities. I mean a freaking FSU football player probably beat out tons of Ivy League grads to become a Rhodes Scholar. We're also assuming a lot about Gibbons academic prowess too. Stanford's entrance requirements for athletes are no more strenuous than ours.

You can rationalize it however you want, but there is a material difference in Stanford's reputation vs. UM's. And that reputation can have an impact in one's opportunities immediately out of college, whether employment or graduate school.

You can rationalize it however you want, but there is a material difference in Stanford's reputation vs. UM's. And that reputation can have an impact in one's opportunities immediately out of college, whether employment or graduate school.

I'm not really rationalizing it as I don't even think the kid as an o-lineman is giving up anything football related either by going there. I understand the choice completely but find the timing and his dad's nonsense on here to be of poor character. His dad obviously came on here trying to gin up support for his kid in an attempt to gain some sort of "favorite recruit" status with us and his words were obviously disingenous. Hopefully he thinks before he comments publicly about the kid in the future. If he was a standup guy he would have issued a simple post here apologizing/explaining to the people whose opinion/support he obviously once valued. I think a majority (or at least the rational) of us may not have liked the choice and timing but would have just said "See ya later and good luck". I mean you're making the case for the kid here even without the mea culpa.

Advertisement
**** Rudolph, knew he's been a fraud ever since I met him. Best Wr in the nation according to rivals.......... LOL wasn't even the best WR in Palm Beach County.

I'm not really rationalizing it as I don't even think the kid as an o-lineman is giving up anything football related either by going there. I understand the choice completely but find the timing and his dad's nonsense on here to be of poor character. His dad obviously came on here trying to gin up support for his kid in an attempt to gain some sort of "favorite recruit" status with us and his words were obviously disingenous. Hopefully he thinks before he comments publicly about the kid in the future. If he was a standup guy he would have issued a simple post here apologizing/explaining to the people whose opinion/support he obviously once valued. I think a majority (or at least the rational) of us may not have liked the choice and timing but would have just said "See ya later and good luck". I mean you're making the case for the kid here even without the mea culpa.

Wait when did I write this?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back