Most Hated Recruit Award 2014

1.)Sony
2.)Gibbons
3.)Powell

As far as hate and youth, not buying it. These young men are making their first grown man decision, classifying them as a man, not a child.

Advertisement
They're easily influenced kids. Don't HATE any of them. Either they are/were surrounded by foolishness that caused their decisions, or our lack of production on the field led to their decisions. I don't say it often, but POOR THREAD IDEA. Why spew hate for no reason? No one wins.

I would be interested to hear your opinion on Justin Beiber. Is he an easily influenced kid? **** that noise, as soon as you welcome and encourage the spot light and play the game, you open yourself up to critics and can't expect to be taken easy on.

Advertisement
17-18 year old kids. Sad stuff when we start a "hated recruit thread". Enjoy the process but don't hate on kids trying to do what is best for themselves.

Can we stop with the sanctimony? When "kids" the same age declare for the NBA Draft or go to minor league baseball or hockey are they treated with delicate words by fans? I'm perfectly comfortable with calling a kid (and his parents) out for being tools or jerks or opportunists or phony when said kid is also old enough to enlist in the military. Plus, consider the platforms in which the criticism is levied. If they don't like it then it's as simple as staying away from messageboards and social media. The problem is that these kids relish the attention. That's on them and the parents if the truth or the opinion of a spurned fanbase is offensive to them. Sack up.

Look at the Alabama/Auburn thread. We as a fan base are no better. You have every right to hate, just saying it is sad to spend your time hating on teenagers for their choice of a school. You and us as a fanbase just look foolish. Any kid that does not choose your school is hated because he spurned your school. Let,s make all the personal attacks on him and his family. Really?

Advertisement
"Look at the Alabama/Auburn thread. We as a fan base are no better."

The thin air up there on your soapbox is obviously causing some slight dementia. You cannot be serious. We have people in our community that claim to bleed orange and green actively pushing "kids" OUT OF STATE. Show me the Genrons or the Chad Wilsons that live in Alabamy. And even to a lessor degree, we have plenty of fans such as yourself that are all too quick to always wish everyone well as they (and their parents/handlers) **** around our staff and our school and our fanbase and it's always justified as "they're just kids". Everything can be reduced to that level of nonsense then. Why do we (those of us that actually do) show up game after game to a garbage venue to watch a bunch of "kids"? These are the same kids and parents that are all so quick to call their college choice a "business decision" as they lap up all of the positive attention. If they fail to conduct themselves in a respectable manner then they should be enough of a "businessman" to accept the converse of that attention. Do people take it too far and make remarks and criticisms outside the pale of decency? Of course. Should these kids and parents be immune from any criticism as a result of that? No. Again, if they don't like it or can't handle it then don't act a fool during a process that now has become very public. The nonsense in Alabamy is absolutely not equivalent to here. If anything, we could use a little MORE community blowback when a kid leaves here for an Arkansas or Louisville. We had PLENTY of people still showing love to good ol' Teddy Bridgewater all the way up to him clowning our sideline and school on national tv.

Last edited:
2013 Award goes to Matt Thomas just slightly over Alex Collins. Keith Bryant was too much of a "hoot" to be included.

Here is Genron and Patrick Johnson to introduce the 2014 nominees...

Ermon Lane
Quincy Wilson
Travis Rudolph
Travonte Valentine

Who ya got?

My vote goes to Lane. He just looks stupid on top of everything.

Lane. Totally agree.

"Look at the Alabama/Auburn thread. We as a fan base are no better."

The thin air up there on your soapbox is obviously causing some slight dementia. You cannot be serious. We have people in our community that claim to bleed orange and green actively pushing "kids" OUT OF STATE. Show me the Genrons or the Chad Wilsons that live in Alabamy. And even to a lessor degree, we have plenty of fans such as yourself that are all too quick to always wish everyone well as they (and their parents/handlers) **** around our staff and our school and our fanbase and it's always justified as "they're just kids". Everything can be reduced to that level of nonsense then. Why do we (those of us that actually do) show up game after game to a garbage venue to watch a bunch of "kids"? These are the same kids and parents that are all so quick to call their college choice a "business decision" as they lap up all of the positive attention. If they fail to conduct themselves in a respectable manner than they should be enough of a "businessman" to accept the converse of that attention. Do people take it too far and make remarks and criticisms outside the pale of decency? Of course. Should these kids and parents be immune from any criticism as a result of that? No. Again, if they don't like it or can't handle it then don't act a fool during a process that now has become very public. The nonsense in Alabamy is absolutely not equivalent to here. If anything, we could use a little MORE community blowback when a kid leaves here for an Arkansas or Louisville. We had PLENTY of people still showing love to gold ol' Teddy Bridgewater all the way up to him clowning our sideline and school on national tv.

Preach Preacha.

2013 Award goes to Matt Thomas just slightly over Alex Collins. Keith Bryant was too much of a "hoot" to be included.

Here is Genron and Patrick Johnson to introduce the 2014 nominees...

Ermon Lane
Quincy Wilson
Travis Rudolph
Travonte Valentine

Who ya got?

My vote goes to Lane. He just looks stupid on top of everything.

Lane. Totally agree.

I got Valentine... he better make it to the NFL or he'll be driving a truck 5 years from now.

Advertisement
I am listening to replacements. Who else should be nominated in his place?

For Rudolph? To me easily and I mean EASILY Brandon Powell. Idk how you forgot him lol

I did forget him. But there are a lot of question marks surrounding his decommitment.

I didn't forget Bethel though with his dumbass tweets talking like he was some superstar. He falls in the not important enough category IMO. Also, ending up in Lubbock is enough of a punishment for that nerd.

And Gibbons is just some soft *** white kid who was afraid KC was going to treat him like Jonathan Martin.

Don't agree with this. The only thing to blame Gibbons for is doing it so late in the process. He should have decommitted earlier, giving us time to find a replacement. Interesting that he is called a "soft *** white kid." Typical ghetto attitude about kid who wants to be a good student. I don't blame him for a minute for picking Stanford over the U. When the U comes close to Stanford's academics, then there is an argument. I've been a U fan longer than most of you people have been alive, but I would go with the prestige of a Stanford degree.

Yeah, celebrate all the non-soft *** non-white kids who couldn't spell CAT if you spotted them the C and the A.

Go ahead, "neg" away, whatever that stupid word means...I keep looking for the "neg" button but haven't found it yet.

Advertisement
Cory Johnson, for epitomizing the typical ignorant person who seems to only see a reason to be in school is to get to the NFL.

At least a lot of other kids see the value in getting an education and degree besides just an opportunity to play pro football. I'd say a lot of our kids see it that way, given our very good graduation rate. Maintaining some degree of academic integrity has cost us on the field, and will make for bigger challenges, but that's the way it is.

I remember the fun I had making my own decision as to which college to attend. There was a very good university quite close to my home, but I never seriously considered it. Going there would have seemed too much like just a continuation of high school. I applied to three colleges, and eventually visited two of them. My parents and I went on a three or four hour drive up to one of the schools, and I liked the place very much. The university was beautiful, it had a good academic reputation, and the people were friendly. For the next couple of months, I considered that school my first choice and said so to whomever asked.

But then my mother and I visited the other leading contender, and I liked it even better. So my preference changed. I had a great time seeing both schools and eventually received letters of acceptance from both. The whole process was fun and exciting. So whatever disappointment I feel over the fact that some highly touted recruit chose to go somewhere other than UM is mixed with an understanding of how exhilarating the whole process may have been for him. I wish the kids well.

Last edited:
Some soft shouldered **** in here, grown *** men acting but hurt over kids who chose to go to other schools.

I remember the fun I had making my own decision as to which college to attend. There was a very good university quite close to my home, but I never seriously considered it. Going there would have seemed too much like just a continuation of high school. I applied to three colleges, and eventually visited two of them. My parents and I went on a three or four hour drive up to one of the schools, and I liked the place very much. The university was beautiful, it had a good academic reputation, and the people were friendly. For the next couple of months, I considered that school my first choice and said so to whomever asked.

But then my mother and I visited the other leading contender, and I liked it even better. So my preference changed. I had a great time seeing both schools and eventually received letters of acceptance from both. The whole process was fun and exciting. So whatever disappointment I feel over the fact that some highly touted recruit chose to go somewhere other than UM is mixed with an understanding of how exhilarating the whole process may have been for him. I wish the kids well.

303.jpg

Advertisement
Back