Most explosive Miami rb ever?

Advertisement
McGahee.jpg

Advertisement
McGahee had that second gear that was second to none man. I suspect if we're talking speed, Lamar got it, but sheer explosiveness (speed, power, burst), I gotta go with Willis.

My uncles and olders cousins in Palm Beach swear to this day that Ottis Anderson was the baddest Miami Hurricane RB tho. That's still their measuring stick. (skip to the 2:28 mark for a special treat).

Good call on Ferguson. Another underrated guy.

Yeah man, ferguson had the most one man away from taking it to the house runs I ever seen, almost everytime he got the ball. As for gore, I meant to say pre-injury, he was the best runningback I had ever seen, not just at UM, he was a smaller version of melvin bratton, with more speed but about the same quick feet.

Frank Gore before he tore the knee up.
Came here to write this. That Syracuse game was like watching an alien. The first 8 yards were from another planet. And, he ran toward corners like the great backs do.

Mcgahee is in the debate. Edge is in the debate. Clinton Portis. Ottis Anderson.

This is a matter of how you define explosive, I think.

Lamar Miller isn't in my Top 5 for how I see explosiveness. Really, really fast in a straight line? Absolutely. Perhaps the fastest. In my view, your explosiveness is questionable when you have average balance, average wiggle, and minimal YAC.

Advertisement
I can see Gore pre-injuries. No Willis?

When I'm talking explosive, the most explosive play I seen mcgahee make in college was that Thursday night game against V-tech on that one cut run and he out ran them boys to the endzone, I think tirico was on the call that game/play. That's the one that stands out to me. He had a lot of nice runs, that touchdown in the national championship game was on point to, but mcgahee needed more space to operate than the guys I mentioned, but he was definitely an elite back pre and post injury!

Lamar Miller got a strong case for that. His speed was different for sure

Miller was the one of the few players to show up against Ohio State in 2010 and annihilated Ohio State to the tune of 184 yards rushing in 2011. Incidentally, Fisch should have ran Miller all night against Maryland the game before and we wouldn’t have lost to them.

He was a really good one.

It's not an accident that he went for over 10,000 in the NFL.

McGahee had that second gear that was second to none man. I suspect if we're talking speed, Lamar got it, but sheer explosiveness (speed, power, burst), I gotta go with Willis.

My uncles and olders cousins in Palm Beach swear to this day that Ottis Anderson was the baddest Miami Hurricane RB tho. That's still their measuring stick. (skip to the 2:28 mark for a special treat).

Advertisement
Can someone explain to me why Miami (Dolphins) ever let this guy go? What exactly did we get back in return?

I seems the Dolphins have adopted a policy of not giving RB's a 2nd contract

Miller left in FA
Ajayi & Drake traded before their 2nd contact

Just keep drafting RB's and sprinkle in vets on short deals like Gore & Howard

Goodness, making me think back to all the unmentioned RBs..Leonard Conley was a package of dynamite, Cleveland Gary was so versatile, Jackson explosive, HIghsmith powerful, Doug McGee Csonka like....Of course the ones mentioned deserve EXPLOSIVE but having seen so many Duke was exceptional but still hard to pick a GOAT.

Advertisement
What ever happen to Coop from Memphis? Coop had the speed/shiftiness, but I think he use to get the turf bug. My fav running back at Miami was Edge and Mcgahee.

What ever happen to Coop from Memphis? Coop had the speed/shiftiness, but I think he use to get the turf bug. My fav running back at Miami was Edge and Mcgahee.
Graig Cooper? He was a good back, I dont Think he ever had 4.4 speed and that’s even before the injury but he was okay imo

Goodness, making me think back to all the unmentioned RBs..Leonard Conley was a package of dynamite, Cleveland Gary was so versatile, Jackson explosive, HIghsmith powerful, Doug McGee Csonka like....Of course the ones mentioned deserve EXPLOSIVE but having seen so many Duke was exceptional but still hard to pick a GOAT.

I always enjoyed watching Leonard Conley run. He ran like a 220lb back at 180lbs. So many great ones, just thankful I was able to all but Otis.

Semper Canes!!!

Advertisement
Back