Most explosive Miami rb ever?

Advertisement
And the Kick return against O$U. Miller was speed, speed, and more speed.

McGahee had speed and more power.

The Vest isn't liking what he's seeing.
Also, what's with the blonde Frankenstein in the back??...
20181220191112_00001b.jpg

Willis McGahee was a threat to house it every time he touched the ball. Probably the most physically talented RB ever at Miami.

Lamar Miller had great break away speed.

Duke Johnson wasn't the fastest dude but there's a million highlights of him breaking free and running in the open field.

Obscure choice: Al Shipman was a reserve running back in the early-mid 90's. He wasn't very big and he was never a starter but it seemed like every time he got the ball he was off to the races.
Froggy was so Lightening Fast...he made Fast people look mundane...

What exactly has Lamar contributed to an NFL team on a regular basis?

If his speed is his calling card, and he's just a big play waiting to happen, why has he been (barely) over 1,000 rushing yards twice in his career? Why is his career YPC 4.3? We aren't talking a Barry Sanders type of style here.

Plus he's never had over 1300 total yards in a season and that explosion ought to make him very dangerous on swing passes.

He's just not an NFL stud/workhorse.

But, in the flip side, are you really asking for logic behind Dolphin moves for the last 2-3 decades?
It’s all about how much you are used. He would have achieved those numbers easily if the offense he played in got him more touches consistently. Plus 4.3 ypc is good for a nfl running back what the **** are you talking about? Lamar Miller has been way more productive than whatever in the **** you are trying to insinuate. Let me show you...

And for the haymaker, where were these other rb names on the list?

and before his preseason injury took out last year he also put this stat up

Last edited:
Advertisement
LOL I've seen more and been to more CANES games than you've seen in your lifetime.

And if I was a **** slurper I wouldn't have said "Gayturd".

All I was saying speed wise he was supposedly the fastest. If I wrong I'm wrong. I'll live.

Lol....Stop it....Shipman would Dust Lingard in a 40....

I guess I'm way off on his track time. I just remember the recruiting board going crazy when he committed saying he's the fastest times back we've ever landed. Doesn't matter since he's a **** now.

Advertisement
Miller is a great choice. But he was a little more hit a crease and he's gone. My choice is Portis. He's probably the best combination of shifty ability and knack for finding his way to the open field and then speed to finish it off. Watch these highlights, some of you might be surprised...dude was EXPLOSIVE. I don't think any of the other rbs have this many long explosive runs on their highlights.

Miller is a great choice. But he was a little more hit a crease and he's gone. My choice is Portis. He's probably the best combination of shifty ability and knack for finding his way to the open field and then speed to finish it off. Watch these highlights, some of you might be surprised...dude was EXPLOSIVE. I don't think any of the other rbs have this many long explosive runs on their highlights.

For me, I dont think he’s in that discussion like that. He probably was the 3rd most explosive rb in that era of backs we had behind mcgahee, pre injury gore in all honesty. Homer and duke had more longer runs. Miller in all likelihood too. **** homer his senior year has more 30 yard plus runs than duke had in his sophmore and junior year combined which is crazy to think about

What exactly has Lamar contributed to an NFL team on a regular basis?

If his speed is his calling card, and he's just a big play waiting to happen, why has he been (barely) over 1,000 rushing yards twice in his career? Why is his career YPC 4.3? We aren't talking a Barry Sanders type of style here.

Plus he's never had over 1300 total yards in a season and that explosion ought to make him very dangerous on swing passes.

He's just not an NFL stud/workhorse.

But, in the flip side, are you really asking for logic behind Dolphin moves for the last 2-3 decades?

So the phins couldnt have used an RB with 4.3 ypc with a chance to change the game with one carry. It’s not like 4.3 is chopped liver anyway

Advertisement
For me, I dont think he’s in that discussion like that. He probably was the 3rd most explosive rb in that era of backs we had behind mcgahee, pre injury gore in all honesty. Homer and duke had more longer runs. Miller in all likelihood too. **** homer his senior year has more 30 yard plus runs than duke had in his sophmore and junior year combined which is crazy to think about

Watch the video and then get back to me. It's 17 straight minutes of long explosive runs. The guy is making moves to get himself to the open field that guys like mcgahee, Miller, or Homer simply couldn't do.

Advertisement
Not talking about making moves or elusiveness. This is about explosiveness and speed more so

To me explosiveness means can this guy turn a handoff into a big play. You probably need to be some degree of fast to be explosive but that's only part of the equation. If you don't have the vision and ability to get to the open field then you're not going to be an explosive running back. The most explosive running backs have the vision and elusiveness to get to the open field and then the speed to finish it off. If you want to talk about speed then start a thread about our fastest running back. Two different things.

To me explosiveness means can this guy turn a handoff into a big play. You probably need to be some degree of fast to be explosive but that's only part of the equation. If you don't have the vision and ability to get to the open field then you're not going to be an explosive running back. The most explosive running backs have the vision and elusiveness to get to the open field and then the speed to finish it off. If you want to talk about speed then start a thread about our fastest running back. Two different things.
No I started This one lol. One can argue mcgahee broke longer runs than Portis too. Portis was a great back but I’m not putting him as the most explosive back in Miami history when he was arguably behind mcgahee and pre injury gore in that regard on the same team.

“Explosiveness means can this guy turn a handoff into a big play” what are we arguing here? That’s the definition of a Lamar Miller or even mcgahee style running back

No I started This one lol. One can argue mcgahee broke longer runs than Portis too. Portis was a great back but I’m not putting him as the most explosive back in Miami history when he was arguably behind mcgahee and pre injury gore in that regard on the same team.

Explosiveness means can this guy turn a handoff into a big play” what are we arguing here? That’s the definition of a Lamar Miller or even mcgahee style running back

The guy that's the most explosive is the one who could do that the most often.

Advertisement
Back