Most explosive Miami rb ever?

Advertisement
OK Thanks didn't know that. What do you think Lingard will run at the combine. It seems he's gotten bigger.
He was already big at Miami too, up to 205 last year or something like that. He ran a 4.64 verified 40 laser at the opening in highschool but ran a 10.71 100m so maybe that means he has has better long speed than short distance speed, don’t know

Advertisement
You don't do this without being explosive

You can tell miller has a track background. Look at how he didn’t break his stride despite the distance he ran in the Texans td . Track could have helped a lot of our athletes out imo especially someone like Jeff Thomas

Advertisement

You can tell miller has a track background. Look at how he didn’t break his stride despite the distance he ran in the Texans td . Track could have helped a lot of our athletes out imo especially someone like Jeff Thomas

Seems we dont emphasis speed like we used to back in day, I have asked multiple times why we stopped sending guys to track in offseason to work but it never seemed to hurt. Guys like Santana, Roscoe, Andre, Daryl Jones, Hester, Benjamin, etc all were in UM track and got faster times.

All it takes is watching Frank Gore's 2001 season, specifically the WVU, Rutgers, and Syracuse games, to understand why many believe Frank would have been the best ever if he hadn't hurt his knees. Pre-injury, he had a different gear.

Lamar, when he got through the hole clean and into the second level, was a TD almost every time, though.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Portis deserves consideration. But all the one's previously mentioned had excellent acceleration. Knighton is in that mold.
Was just about to post Portis. Miller is probably number 1 but I'd put Portis at 2. He's too slept on. Dude was elite in his prime. His first 2 years in Denver I believe he still has the record for most rushing yards in the NFL in first 2 seasons. A shame he got traded away. Who knows the numbers he'd have put up in that system

Seems we dont emphasis speed like we used to back in day, I have asked multiple times why we stopped sending guys to track in offseason to work but it never seemed to hurt. Guys like Santana, Roscoe, Andre, Daryl Jones, Hester, Benjamin, etc all were in UM track and got faster times.
This is facts, even Look at the earlier part of the last decade, guys like Demarcus van dyke, Tommy streeter, Lamar Miller, Travis Benjamin, Phillip Dorsett were all sub 4.3(dvd) or sub 4.4 guys at the nfl combine and they all participated in track. Randy Shannon emphasized that

Advertisement
Can someone explain to me why Miami (Dolphins) ever let this guy go? What exactly did we get back in return?

What exactly has Lamar contributed to an NFL team on a regular basis?

If his speed is his calling card, and he's just a big play waiting to happen, why has he been (barely) over 1,000 rushing yards twice in his career? Why is his career YPC 4.3? We aren't talking a Barry Sanders type of style here.

Plus he's never had over 1300 total yards in a season and that explosion ought to make him very dangerous on swing passes.

He's just not an NFL stud/workhorse.

But, in the flip side, are you really asking for logic behind Dolphin moves for the last 2-3 decades?

**** slurper....

LOL I've seen more and been to more CANES games than you've seen in your lifetime.

And if I was a **** slurper I wouldn't have said "Gayturd".

All I was saying speed wise he was supposedly the fastest. If I wrong I'm wrong. I'll live.

Advertisement
Back