Most explosive Miami rb ever?

Advertisement
Shame we don’t get the same dudes. Can’t afford them
I don't know why people always say that about our old squads. Our most talented squads alot of us weren't some 4 and 5 star kids. Most scouts didn't come down here like that. It's why Larry blustein always had a lock. People didn't have connections like that and we're iffy on the area. We were all about getting kids who hadn't been developed or scouted properly. We got kids who were football players first and foremost and athletic second. Than we had elite coaches all around the field and competition that brought it all out. The lack of real coaching and the lack of leadership has been our biggest problems. Any of us would tell y'all we'd get our coaching in but our coaches always told us don't hesitate to coach each other up also. None of that happens anymore.

I don't know why people always say that about our old squads. Our most talented squads alot of us weren't some 4 and 5 star kids. Most scouts didn't come down here like that. It's why Larry blustein always had a lock. People didn't have connections like that and we're iffy on the area. We were all about getting kids who hadn't been developed or scouted properly. We got kids who were football players first and foremost and athletic second. Than we had elite coaches all around the field and competition that brought it all out. The lack of real coaching and the lack of leadership has been our biggest problems. Any of us would tell y'all we'd get our coaching in but our coaches always told us don't hesitate to coach each other up also. None of that happens anymore.
Ya but now a days there aren’t under the radar kids. Few and far between. With all the camps , 7 on 7s etc , it’s like aau basketball and college basketball these days., including the payoff.

Advertisement
Butch and especially Chuck loved Dee....
They both understood me more than anyone ever has. They understood how my lack of family relationships developed why team was always so important to me. Between them and to a lesser extent JJ they were everything to me that my old boy never was. For him it was always football 24/7 for them it was always life first and foremost. Until **** near the day I retired I could expect a call from each of them every game day. Even when Chuck was going through his health issues he'd still call to check up on me. I'll look up to and love those dudes till the day I die.

It's more of a coaching problem really....Butch's Kids practiced like it was a Real game....The Hits at Greentree back then sounded like Explosions....Violence was the Norm.....Even though our record wasn't indicative of that from 95-97....
It's the culture here. The stuff that's accepted now would get people kicked off the team before. These kids are being coached up to be jokes basically.

We find these kids all the time still. We offer them first, early , 9th grade, they commit, they blow up, they decomitt, we get scraps
12 years running or so. Groundhog Day

Advertisement
Absolutely.....People don't have an inkling what Butch had to deal with....wayyyy more than they "Think they Know".....Forget the Schollie Losses....Forget the Murder of Barnes....Forget the Banner....and Forget the Sports Illustrated Cover.....what he had to deal with in ref to the BOT and Administration alone, would've Drove an average Coach to Suicide....They Nit Picked him to Death....from recruiting expenditures (Travel etc....) to everything F-ing else imaginable.....Only person who knows the 100% truth (Not the BS conjured up by the misinformed) is @dsddcane....and what a relief it is to have him on this board....I can only refer to him...because he knows I'm keeping it real....
Unfortunately most people on here would rather fairy tales than truth.

Unfortunately most people on here would rather fairy tales than truth.

Speaking of clearing up all the fairy tales, please give some more info on the 2 guys who had their own agenda in the Fiesta loss vs Penn State. One was Vinny. Who was the other one?

Coaching stinks but you can’t deny It’s a talent problem. The lack Offirst round picks tell the story . Numbers don’t lie. Every top guy in dade and Broward has been going to Bama, Georgia, LSU for about 12 years now. Saban picks off best wr in a Dade every year.....
U gotta understand why though. You think it's a coincidence that kids started flocking out of state once Butch left? We don't develope 95% of the kids we do get anymore. Kids leave here nowhere near having reached their potential. Why do you think kids still get drafted into the league as often as we do? The league has full confidence in us. But if you can get a stud in late rounds why bother wasting an early pick? If it was your family and ur kid could go anywhere do you really let him come here. We all keep learning the hard way. The last several staffs including this one are incapable of what's necessary. Whether that's because they lack the experience necessary to evaluate, develope & coach these kids or it's something else who knows. But facts are they don't. We all just use the bags as a convenient excuse. Well bags aint a new problem they're just a more prevelant excuse. Our coaching is a joke, as a result our culture has become a joke, as a result our production has become an even bigger joke. From talent to wins it's all the same. But it starts and ends with the people paid to be a part of this program.

Advertisement
Ya but now a days there aren’t under the radar kids. Few and far between. With all the camps , 7 on 7s etc , it’s like aau basketball and college basketball these days., including the payoff.
It's not as easy. But at the end of the day there's always gonna be under the radar kids. Facts are everyone has access to the same content. Our problem is coaches don't put in the one on one time anymore. We trust everything to dudes that don't know **** about football and then take it from there. There's absolutely nothing about being a coach here anymore that separates you from anyone else in the country.

Advertisement
Back