Morris' Draft Stock

Most underrated part of that play is the Okie Doke he gives that D-End to get outside the collapsing pocket. Iverson would sign off on that.

Advertisement
Most underrated part of that play is the Okie Doke he gives that D-End to get outside the collapsing pocket. Iverson would sign off on that.

Right. Of course it's just one throw, but NFL guys can work with less than that. Add to the fact that Morris is a tough, seemingly intelligent, good work ethic type kid and you can absolutely see a team or two falling in love with him.

Right. Of course it's just one throw, but NFL guys can work with less than that. Add to the fact that Morris is a tough, seemingly intelligent, good work ethic type kid and you can absolutely see a team or two falling in love with him.

They will definitely all be in love with that arm. There are only a handful of NFL teams that have qb's that could make that throw.
Thing I love about that play, other than the fact it won the game for us, is that it wasn't a hail mary. He didn't throw it up there hoping for the best. He threw it 65 yards and hit his guy in stride like it was a slant.
Everybody bashes Morris about his "low" completion percentage, something like 58.2%, but what you have to remember is that we don't run some dink and dunk west coast offense. We go vertical a lot. 60% completion percentage when are throwing throwing the ball 5-15 yards downfield doesn't impress me.
58% when you are going 20+ yards downfield on half your throws, I can live with that.

Advertisement
Back