Morris' Draft Stock

CanadaCane

Freshman
All I've heard regarding the 2013 NFL Draft is that the QB class is weak. How do you guys feel (Homerism aside) Stephen Morris compares to those guys? And do you see him going in the first 2 rounds next year? I think he does. Rocket arm and can make plays when the pocket collapses.

Advertisement
Big year this year will make him rise to a top 5 QB in my opinion. Morris has a little bit of everything and will put huge numbers which will help him.

EJ Manuel is in consideration to be a first rounder (don't know why).. Morris > Manuel

Morris would probably be the 3rd-4th QB drafted after Ryan Nassib in this year's draft. Pretty deep in 2014. Considering Johnny Manziel will be hyped at #1 although he doesn't have any solid QB skills, Aaron Murray most likely being the 2nd and the best QB in the class, David Fales not too far behind as the best, AJ McCarron having Saban as help, Tahj Boyd being himself, and Brynn Renner and Derek Carr having better career numbers Morris could be the 8th or 9th QB off the board if Logan Thomas doesn't have a breakout year.

Advertisement
Morris has a chance to go #1 overall. It will take a special season, but his tools are special.

Morris has a chance to go #1 overall. It will take a special season, but his tools are special.

Next year will be a tough year to be the #1 overall QB because Johnny Manzeil and Tajh Boyd will be coming out. I do think Morris has a chance but those other two guys are already more known than him and if they have a good year they will have an edge.

Late 1st-3rd ATM. if Morris would've left this year probably would be a 4th-6th round guy.

Advertisement
Not saying they the same type of QB but Drew Brees isn't 6ft and he's a pretty decent QB

Advertisement

Next year will be a tough year to be the #1 overall QB because Johnny Manzeil and Tajh Boyd will be coming out. I do think Morris has a chance but those other two guys are already more known than him and if they have a good year they will have an edge.

Manziel lost quality receivers and lineman and he's no longer predictable. Tajh lost his best threat and RB. Morris has a shot

I think with a year like last year 3000+ yards and 25+ TDs he can really find himself in a good position, because we already run the prostyle offense. Teams know that he will already be able to grasp the playing style and wont have to learn something new from college. Just needs to keep his INTs down and improve the decision making a little.

Advertisement
Teams are always desperate for a QB. This year for QB's sucks a lot and look at the guys and their question marks in consideration to go in the first round; Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, EJ Manuel (seriously?).

With another good year I think Morris can get first round consideration. There's always a need for good QB's.

If Morris plays all year like he did in the Spring Game, I'd expect him to be a 1st rounder.

He has some knocks against him - mainly his low Accuracy % and not overtaking Jacory for the starting spot his Soph year.

I'd expect late 2nd or 3rd - but with a great year 1st round is a definite possibility.

Advertisement
Back