Morris' Draft Stock

Of the names that have been thrown out there. I dont think scouts are going to be overly impressed with guys like Taj Boyd. They weren't this year (why he decided to comeback) and his numbers have been better than EJ Manuels.

Manziel: Lack protypical size. There will be questions about his arm strength.
Taj Boyd: Mechanics, is he NFL QB played in spread system.
Bridgewater: Arm Strength, Durability
Mariota: see taj boyd
Brent Renner: Solid Arm, good athlete for a QB think the scouts will like him but will he have the production to be considered #1
Aj Mcarron: Solid All Around QB considered more of a game manager. he played with a lot of stars around him. Could he make a team like the Raiders better or will he need to have tons of weapons around him. There will be questions about this guy's mental toughness. Too much crying last year before games were even over (they went on to win each time, except TAMU). To lead GROWN *** MEN he's got to keep his composure at ALL TIMES.
Arron Murray: Solid Pro style QB
Steven Morris: Pro style QB, good athlete for a QB. possibly the best arm strength of this entire group. Needs to improve accuracy and consistency.

IMO I think it's going to be between Morris, Renner and Murray. Renner and Morris are considered to be very good athletes both have played in a pro style system and can sling the rock. Murray may get the shaft due to comparisons with Matthew Stafford, who I'm sure most ppl will say was a better prospect than him when he came out.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don't care what Mel Kiper says, if anybody drafts EJ Manuel in the first round, well, they forgot to pay their brain bill and the lights are off.

FSU had a national championship team last year, EXCEPT for EJ Manuel. He's the only reason they lost games. **** guy is a liability back there and will never succeed in the NFL.

That is all.

Of the names that have been thrown out there. I dont think scouts are going to be overly impressed with guys like Taj Boyd. They weren't this year (why he decided to comeback) and his numbers have been better than EJ Manuels.

Brent Renner: Solid Arm, good athlete for a QB think the scouts will like him but will he have the production to be considered #1
Aj Mcarron: Solid All Around QB considered more of a game manager. he played with a lot of stars around him. Could he make a team like the Raiders better or will he need to have tons of weapons around him. There will be questions about this guy's mental toughness. Too much crying last year before games were even over (they went on to win each time, except TAMU). To lead GROWN *** MEN he's got to keep his composure at ALL TIMES.
Steven Morris: Pro style QB, good athlete for a QB. possibly the best arm strength of this entire group. Needs to improve accuracy and consistency.

IMO I think it's going to be between Morris, Renner and Murray. Renner and Morris are considered to be very good athletes both have played in a pro style system and can sling the rock. Murray may get the shaft due to comparisons with Matthew Stafford, who I'm sure most ppl will say was a better prospect than him when he came out.

Right now I would take Taj Boyd over anyone in that group. That bowl game against LSU was impressive.

I don't care what Mel Kiper says, if anybody drafts EJ Manuel in the first round, well, they forgot to pay their brain bill and the lights are off.

FSU had a national championship team last year, EXCEPT for EJ Manuel. He's the only reason they lost games. **** guy is a liability back there and will never succeed in the NFL.

That is all.

Never liked Mel Kiper. But I will also say that he's never as on people claim with his prediction and 13 mock drafts. He's less useless in that sports mockery of ESPN than skip bayless. That FSU had WAY more problems than EJ and WAS NOT a national championship team. Jordan lynch and NIU had there number before the second half of the orange bowl and there record come from weak competition. They NEVER were able to beat a team and be dominant unless it was the likes of Willacooche St.

Right now I would take Taj Boyd over anyone in that group. That bowl game against LSU was impressive.

I think he's good.. but i think the system helps him put up some gaudy numbers as well.

Advertisement
When was the last time a hurricane player came back and didn't get that NFL cheddar?

Hank, McCarthy, Spence, all improved their stocks. James and McGee did so last year.

Now it's time for Henderson, Porter, and Morris to get that paper.

Our offense will be excellent this year. Amazing line, deep quality receivers and of course, Duke Johnson will force teams to defend the run. There is no reason why Morris wont put up HUGE numbers. His arm strength is outstanding, he's very athletic, made much better decisions last year and throws a deep ball better than 75% of current NFL QBS. I see him having a legit shot to be a first rounder next year.

Advertisement
Aaron Murray won't be ahead of Morris. Too small and not athletic enough to be ahead of him.

Aaron Murray won't be ahead of Morris. Too small and not athletic enough to be ahead of him.

I hope you're being sarcastic. We're talking about an established SEC QB for the past 3 years with 101 TDs and 32 INTs since his freshman year. That's 50 more TDs and 1 less INT than what former #1 pick and Georgia alumni Matthew Stafford did in 3 years. Morris has had one good year. Let's see him do it again before making bizarre comments.

Stafford is also built like a brick ****house. Don't forget that the NFL likes measurables, and Murray is probably about 6 feet tall.

My thing with guys like Boyd and McCarron is that, if they are such elite prospects, why didn't they come out this year when the QB class is "down"?

Sleeper to come up to the top of this year's class is the kid at San Jose St. Don't laugh.

Morris and Bridgewater will probably be battling for who goes higher in the next draft. That'll be interesting to watch

Advertisement

I hope you're being sarcastic. We're talking about an established SEC QB for the past 3 years with 101 TDs and 32 INTs since his freshman year. That's 50 more TDs and 1 less INT than what former #1 pick and Georgia alumni Matthew Stafford did in 3 years. Morris has had one good year. Let's see him do it again before making bizarre comments.

Yah, but you're missing the point.

There are reasons Stafford went 1 and Murray won't. As mentioned, physical tools. Morris' season last year compared very favorably to Matty's last at UGA, statistically, and I don't think Morris is so far off from Stafford, athleticly. Also, if Ryan Nassib can get serious first round buzz, no reason Morris can't with the year we think he can have.

Yah, but you're missing the point.

There are reasons Stafford went 1 and Murray won't. As mentioned, physical tools. Morris' season last year compared very favorably to Matty's last at UGA, statistically, and I don't think Morris is so far off from Stafford, athleticly. Also, if Ryan Nassib can get serious first round buzz, no reason Morris can't with the year we think he can have.

Nassib is in a weak class that's why he's getting 1st round "buzz" though no one will take him in the 1st. I understand what you're saying but Stafford/Murray were/are more polished as a QB than Morris. Not saying Stephen will be bad, because I think he won't, I just don't see him being picked ahead of Murray.

Advertisement
Stafford is also built like a brick ****house. Don't forget that the NFL likes measurables, and Murray is probably about 6 feet tall.

My thing with guys like Boyd and McCarron is that, if they are such elite prospects, why didn't they come out this year when the QB class is "down"?

Sleeper to come up to the top of this year's class is the kid at San Jose St. Don't laugh.

I think Boyd has NFL size but his mechanics need serious work in the prostyle offense. And the knock on McCarron is always going to be is he just a game manager?

I dont think Murray will be ahead of Morris as noted he would be considered small for an NFL QB **** he might be shorter than Drew Brees. But if you look at next years QB class there aren't going to be alot of Productive College QBs who have that "NFL size". NFL GMs can always say F production and pick up next years Ryan Tannehill over Morris and Murray. But as of right now I like his status as a prospect compared to other players on that list. Of course assuming he does not suffer an injury or regress.

Another thing no one has mentioned yet is that the JAGS will be terrible and with Fisch there, and Glabberts rookie contract almost done Morris could be a great pick for him.

Aaron Murray MIGHT be 6'1. Just watch uga spring game today and dude didnt impress me more than Stephen Morris.
Doesnt matter if he is an SEC qb or a **** NAIA qb...when dude stands next to his other qb counterparts will he stand out...sdoes he have anything that will stick out???...at least with Morris ...i KNOW what will stick..that **** ARM.

Murray is a "solid" qb...should be a mid rounder...i dont put him on Stafford's level one bit.

negged for slurping the SEC

More than anyone else ....I think the success of the San Francisco QB helps Morris' stock. A guy with wheels, but has the arm strength to make all the throws.

The beauty of Colin Kapernick and Morris, is the fact that they don't have a desire to use their legs first, just because they have sub 4.6 speed.

Advertisement
Back