More truth...CIS haters hate truth....

Advertisement
I don't get "fans" bashing a player, especially after he's gone. Shaq gave what he could and I'm grateful for it. If he wasn't the best linebacker, blame the coaches for not getting a better one, not him for doing his best. That said, he's not wrong but after all these years, we expect results instead of excuses. That's all on the staff.

Youth is why you're not elite. Youth is why you can't beat UF or Clemson.

Youth is NOT why you lose to FIU, a 3 win GT team, Duke, and La Tech. It's just not.

By the way, save for the exterior of the offensive line, we weren't THAT young. What other positions were we relying primarily on true freshmen? I'll wait...

Youth is NOT why you lose to FIU, a 3 win GT team, Duke, and La Tech. It's just not.

By the way, save for the exterior of the offensive line, we weren't THAT young. What other positions were we relying primarily on true freshmen? I'll wait...
Agree. Any talk about our **** poor state of the program directed at anything other than Admin/Coaching is beating around the bush. Granted, we have a few bone heads for players, but even that is on the coaches who recruited them or failed them.

Advertisement
The New Miami, where we celebrate guys that appear to work hard & appear to care more than others on the field....

....not actual results and production on it.

Yeah because Shaq's stats prove he wasn't very productive.

Oh wait.........................

Actually our kicker was the reason we couldn't beat UF.

Advertisement
I don't get "fans" bashing a player, especially after he's gone. Shaq gave what he could and I'm grateful for it. If he wasn't the best linebacker, blame the coaches for not getting a better one, not him for doing his best. That said, he's not wrong but after all these years, we expect results instead of excuses. That's all on the staff.
Absolutely. If we want accept the argument that the team is young, which is heard every year, the coaches need to do a better job of keeping players into their senior year. Great programs do that. Our players seem to want to jump ship after three years like its on fire.

Actually our kicker was the reason we couldn't beat UF.

I agree with you to a certain point, but I never get that argument. A game and it’s strategy is always fluid (Except for ours). For the sake of discussion, let’s say our kicker makes the kicks, what’s stopping the Gators from then executing plays to overcome that? We always assume the other team will stay put to let us win. Give the opponents some credit, especially a nationally ranked one.

Some points to ponder:
- Our coaches couldn’t devise plays for our players to get out of a paper bag (Enos).
- Poor clock management: with a handful of minutes left, with a one or two score difference, our QBs constantly took the near 30 seconds to snap the ball, no urgency there at all to preserve the clock and get the ball back.
- On the flip side, when ahead by a score, we saw plays where our WRs often ran out of bounds, stopping the clock. We all saw how well LSU players managed that.
- Our players always collapsed where tackled or fell back. Winning programs coach their kids to eek out additional real estate when tackled. It really does add up at the end.
- Manny had no clue when to call a time out, sometimes aiding the opponents.

We were not built to win last season. Let’s hope that trajectory changes this year.

Jason Fox started at LT as a true freshman in 2006. That team went 7-6 thanks to a 1 pt bowl win over Nevada.

Maybe Shaq is onto something with that excuse.

People don't like to hear it, but he's speaking the truth on how you build a successful program with depth.

Yes, and you do it with successful coaching that can motivate the starters and the depth.

This team (most, not all) , no matter how many excuses are made regarding a starting core of successful seniors, depth, etc...simply just didn't give a **** at times. It was too obvious in their body language and lack of focus / effort....even when winning the very few times we were.

Advertisement
Shaq is a credit to the university. The world needs more people,like this young man. He handled his business like an adult even when he was 18/19. Wherever life takes him, he will be successful. all of us should be proud to say Shaq played at UM.

Shaq makes more excuses than he does big plays.

He's been trained by Golden and Manny in the dark arts of excuse making and being a loser.

Get this bum off my team.

Look what this moron just said about one of the MOST COMMITTED and ORANGE/GREEN BLOODED Cane to come through in a long time:

"Golden really trained this idiot well."

This idiot is the lead hater on CIS-- i wonder why he posts on a CANES board.....because clearly he HATES everything and everyone associated with The U....

What this idiot is is the typical "bandwagon fan".... only got something good to say when the team wins.... But god forbid his team is struggling, Then he's worse than our enemies.... just here spewing hate, doubt and venom for everything about the U....

The Canes would be much better off without these kinds of idiotic haters.

Sorry if your feelings get hurt bro-- but you suck as a "fan"....

Advertisement
The New Miami, where we celebrate guys that appear to work hard & appear to care more than others on the field....

....not actual results and production on it.

Production requires 85 guys doing their very best and having experience....

When maybe 10-20% are doing it-- like a Shaq-- that doesn't cut it...

But the idiots at CIS trashing a HERO player for the team because he didn't have a full defensive team of experienced and committed players around him to be productive...

That's just simply low football IQ... aka STUPID

Absolutely. If we want accept the argument that the team is young, which is heard every year, the coaches need to do a better job of keeping players into their senior year. Great programs do that. Our players seem to want to jump ship after three years like its on fire.

Our teams have been RAVAGED by scum agents like Drew Rosenhaus for years....convincing juniors to go for the draft way too early....

I would bet that UM has the HIGHEST rate of early departures and most NFL draft busts in the past 10 years....

It's not the coaches fault that players are stupid enough to over-value their draft stock as a sophmore or junior...

Shaq is a credit to the university. The world needs more people,like this young man. He handled his business like an adult even when he was 18/19. Wherever life takes him, he will be successful. all of us should be proud to say Shaq played at UM.

This brother right here is a prime example of a true "Canes Fan"....

Advertisement
Back