More on Manny Diaz/Banda (Updated)

Advertisement
Thing is, S coach at Miami is a higher step than S coach at Temple. Manny might not be able to offer Banda the money he's making at Miami, while at Temple. The only way I see Banda going is if he's a DC, or holds some type of associate HC title.

We don't even have a safeties coach. Our DB coach is leaving for GT (his alma mater)

Listen to the first 5Rings podcast with Banda. He loves working for and with Manny Diaz. I think he will go and be named DC. Manny mainly will run it while Banda continues to learn to be a true DC. In the process, Diaz is helping his boy to get another DC spot at a bigger, better P5. Banda is a great guy who can recruit and clearly brings energy to everything he does. He would really help Manny at Temple where if he stays here well...... then what?

If you’re a coordinator who wants to be a HC, you never know when you’ll get that chance. Diaz isn’t 30 years old. His clock is ticking.

He could have turned down Temple, regressed big time next year (which I think was going to happen with the loss of Willis, his 2 vet Safeties, and probably Joe Jax and a couple others), and wound up immediately on the “this is the guy who got fired at Texas and regularly torched at MSU” list.

He struck while the iron was as hot as it was going to be. The guy never came close to fielding a defense this statistically good in his entire career.
Spot on.

I hope he kills it at Temple but this past season was not his normal showing. Was it a fluke? Perhaps. It was a good move for him.

Advertisement
Believe it...Missouri held on to Kuligowski for how long? Do you know how many NFL teams tried hiring that guy? Miami offered him more money....what else could they have done?

Kool was not retained after Gary Pinkel retired. Pinkel reached out to Richt and told Richt that he should hire him. If not for this, Richt would have hired another graduate assistant.

Spot on.

I hope he kills it at Temple but this past season was not his normal showing. Was it a fluke? Perhaps. It was a good move for him.
He’s clearly a bright guy. 2018 was, by far, his best season as a coordinator. Smart people know when they’re at their hottest. I think the guy’s around 45. He’s no longer the young guy. Last thing he wanted was to miss his window and be Bud Foster.

Advertisement
Manny made the right decision as much as it hurts Miami Fans... ...

Every **** one of you would've done the same thing if you had Head Coaching aspirations....

Problem is we had him for 3 years and only have a **** Coastal Trophy to show for it...

JC

If you think we were going to win more than just a Coastal Trophy with the offense and his defense you are blind.

It's ridiculous to criticize the school for this. El Jefe wants to be the Jefe at a program. If FIU was offering Butch Davis money (about 1 mil) per year and Miami was offering 1.5 to stay as DC, dollars to donuts he'd take the lower paying job. Has nothing to do with Rick. As others pointed out, a bad year next year and he never gets a shot at being a HC again. Wish him all the best at Temple. Speaking of FIU, wouldn't surprise me if after Davis retires, Manny gets the call. I Imagine he'd do backflips to be able to live and be a head coach in Miami. Also, Heupel wont be at UCF long so wouldn't be shocked if that job is open in 2 years, which is a pretty solid gig.

Advertisement
Can anyone blame manny for blowing out of gables, defense was abysmal three years ago, we have not lost games over the past three years because of his defense yet your head coach/oc has consistently messed up over that time and got crazy worse this year and don’t look to get better, like the players and recruits I’m getting the heck out of town. Manny mentioned several times about how his defense consistently was put in bad positions but they held up! #shameful

I don’t buy it. I believe that’s what you were TOLD, but I don’t buy it.

Bama holds on to Kirby Smart for a decade. Clemson holds on to Venables. Virginia Tech hangs on to Bud Foster. ****, even Texas A&M held on to Elko.

But Miami? We get poached every year. Stoutland, Cristobal, Kool, Diaz, etc etc etc going all the **** way back to Butch Davis

So no, I don’t believe that Miami really did “all it could”.
The only reason Kirby left was because it was his alma mater. Venables doesn’t want to leave. His son is playing at Clemson now. Foster is just not going anywhere. Elko wasn’t getting the job, took his name out of consideration.

Manny made the right decision as much as it hurts Miami Fans... ...

Every **** one of you would've done the same thing if you had Head Coaching aspirations....

Problem is we had him for 3 years and only have a **** Coastal Trophy to show for it...

JC

It's not that I disagree that he did the right thing for himself, I just don't get why people are falling over themselves to congratulate him. I don't hate the guy for leaving, but fck me if I'm gonna throw him a parade. His leaving made a bad situation worse, so you'll forgive me if he's not my favorite right now.

Advertisement
Keeping Banda would be huge for richt. (Obvz)

I initially thought it was not at all possible

Bold Prediction:

Manny does extremely well at Temple and has then vying for a conference title in year 2

Meanwhile, Richt who was entering the hot seat going into next year, will now get additional year due to adjusting to new coordinator hires. After a mediocre season next year and a subpar season the following, Richt gets the axe.

Miami finally ponies up the cajones to bring El Jefe back as the boss. Miami returns to the ship in year 3 of the Diaz era

Bud Foster is an alcoholic that is why he never gets HCing interviews. Kirby Smart got an offer to be the HC of Auburn and didn't take it. Venebables has kid on the roster and almost left for the Arkansas DC job IIRC.

On the bud foster info, lol:

If Banda leaves it becomes clear that you need to bring in Corey Raymond. Him and Rumph are both technicians and would have our secondary playing at an unreal level. Combine that with Raymond on the trail and you let Simpson’s guys eat up front.

Advertisement
Back