More on Manny Diaz/Banda (Updated)

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
I was told today from a program source that Miami was willing to go to $1.5 million dollars per year to keep Diaz at UM, which would have made him the second highest-paid Coordinator in the ACC behind Brent Venables. Diaz simply wanted to take on the challenge of becoming a head coach and there wasn't much Miami could've done about it.

Update: Was also told that safeties coach Ephraim Banda will make a final decision on whether to join Diaz at Temple tonight and news could come as early as tomorrow morning.

Advertisement
Of course he does, now he's about to get a taste of, should he hire a d-co or not, or be bored managing the overall operation!

Advertisement
They should use that 1.5 to get an elite DC and future head coach CMR can groom.

Advertisement
Manny, see you on September 5th, 2020, mi hermano.

tenor.gif

If Miami has a kool $800k to $1m to throw around I am thinking Winston Moss anyone?

Also good luck to coach Diaz.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t buy it. I believe that’s what you were TOLD, but I don’t buy it.

Bama holds on to Kirby Smart for a decade. Clemson holds on to Venables. Virginia Tech hangs on to Bud Foster. ****, even Texas A&M held on to Elko.

But Miami? We get poached every year. Stoutland, Cristobal, Kool, Diaz, etc etc etc going all the **** way back to Butch Davis

So no, I don’t believe that Miami really did “all it could”.

I don’t buy it. I believe that’s what you were TOLD, but I don’t buy it.

Bama holds on to Kirby Smart for a decade. Clemson holds on to Venables. Virginia Tech hangs on to Bud Foster. ****, even Texas A&M held on to Elko.

But Miami? We get poached every year. Stoutland, Cristobal, Kool, Diaz, etc etc etc going all the **** way back to Butch Davis

So no, I don’t believe that Miami really did “all it could”.

Believe it...Missouri held on to Kuligowski for how long? Do you know how many NFL teams tried hiring that guy? Miami offered him more money....what else could they have done?

Advertisement
Back