More on Manny Diaz/Banda (Updated)

Most important question about Manny and Temple is what type of offense will he run.

Advertisement
Nobody said Miami did "all it could". That would have meant firing Dicht and handing the reigns over to Manny. There are few who would have advocated that approach. Even though I would personally rather have Manny than Richt, I would not be in favor of giving Manny his first HC gig right here, right now.

UM did all it reasonably could do to keep Manny. At the end of the day, he wanted away from Richt and he took similar money to go be a head coach at a low tier D1 program.

I don’t believe they did all they reasonably could. I think they leaked a fake story of 1.5 million to take the heat off Blake James.

Words are just words. When we actually pay for a staff, that’ll be something

Manny made the right decision as much as it hurts Miami Fans... ...

Every **** one of you would've done the same thing if you had Head Coaching aspirations....

Problem is we had him for 3 years and only have a **** Coastal Trophy to show for it...

JC
manny did a good job but he is definitely replaceable.

Can we chill on the absolute declaration that he made the "right" move. That's 1000% not a given as in the end it's still Temple and AT BEST it's a launching pad to a power 5 gig- one that he very well may have been offered after a similar season of remaining here.

Sooooooo, I'm absolutely not saying it was the wrong move but it absolutely can't be deemed the right move.....yet.

Advertisement
I was told today from a program source that Miami was willing to go to $1.5 million dollars per year to keep Diaz at UM, which would have made him the second highest-paid Coordinator in the ACC behind Brent Venables. Diaz simply wanted to take on the challenge of becoming a head coach and there wasn't much Miami could've done about it.

Update: Was also told that safeties coach Ephraim Banda will make a final decision on whether to join Diaz at Temple tonight and news could come as early as tomorrow morning.

EB told some important people he’s not going.

So something isnt adding up.

I was told today from a program source that Miami was willing to go to $1.5 million dollars per year to keep Diaz at UM, which would have made him the second highest-paid Coordinator in the ACC behind Brent Venables. Diaz simply wanted to take on the challenge of becoming a head coach and there wasn't much Miami could've done about it.

Update: Was also told that safeties coach Ephraim Banda will make a final decision on whether to join Diaz at Temple tonight and news could come as early as tomorrow morning.

8DDD66CA-B807-468E-923C-9DD5B9EA556F.gif

Advertisement
I don’t believe they offered him 1.5 million. I think that was leaked to Stefan because the fans anger is pointed at Blake James and the BOT at the moment, and they want the heat off them.

Talk is cheap. We get poached WAY the **** too often. Like every year, just about.
Well that's proof enough for me. If you don't believe it, it can not possibly be true.

I believe it was the right choice for Manny.. an opportunity well earned. Not even mad.

Good for Miami. Richt needs to fire Searles & bring in the right DC/OC. Also hoping Patke goes & we can bring Barrow back to coach LB & help with ST. Not sure I expect much with Lil Jon. It is a chance to better the staff but that's a tough decision.

I don’t buy it. I believe that’s what you were TOLD, but I don’t buy it.

Bama holds on to Kirby Smart for a decade. Clemson holds on to Venables. Virginia Tech hangs on to Bud Foster. ****, even Texas A&M held on to Elko.

But Miami? We get poached every year. Stoutland, Cristobal, Kool, Diaz, etc etc etc going all the **** way back to Butch Davis

So no, I don’t believe that Miami really did “all it could”.
Diaz has always been open about wanting to be a HC. He said when the right opportunity comes and that’s what happened.

Advertisement
I don’t buy it. I believe that’s what you were TOLD, but I don’t buy it.

Bama holds on to Kirby Smart for a decade. Clemson holds on to Venables. Virginia Tech hangs on to Bud Foster. ****, even Texas A&M held on to Elko.

But Miami? We get poached every year. Stoutland, Cristobal, Kool, Diaz, etc etc etc going all the **** way back to Butch Davis

So no, I don’t believe that Miami really did “all it could”.
I’m not buying that piece of ice in the North Pole.
Let see who they higher if they were willing to pay that. Let’s see if they go after nfl dudes.
That’s some serious cash. For that money in this city with our players you have a good pool to pick.
But we’ll go cheap again and go for some grad assistant or some Shiite.
Put up or shut up time for cmr and James

I don’t believe they did all they reasonably could. I think they leaked a fake story of 1.5 million to take the heat off Blake James.

Words are just words. When we actually pay for a staff, that’ll be something

Fair enough. I get where you're coming from. I just don't think Manny was staying as long as he still had to take his orders from Richt. Period. In general, I completely agree with you, though.

At the end of the day, I am at peace with this. I've accepted that Richt is not going to be fired until at best after next season. I also don't want us to be hiring/promoting a first time HC. Manny needs to go out and earn his stripes and prove himself, and I don't blame him in the least for wanting to get away from Richt, it shows good judgment in fact. When Richt is done, Manny will just be one more possible candidate for us to choose from.

For now, though, we're just biding time and watching the house burn around us.

Advertisement
Can we chill on the absolute declaration that he made the "right" move. That's 1000% not a given as in the end it's still Temple and AT BEST it's a launching pad to a power 5 gig- one that he very well may have been offered after a similar season of remaining here.

Sooooooo, I'm absolutely not saying it was the wrong move but it absolutely can't be deemed the right move.....yet.

It was his only move. Staying with Richt was not an option for him.

It will be ideal if Banda stays, BUT if he doesn’t we could have rumph coach all of the dbs or add Ed reed as safety coach with rumph continuing to coach cbs.

I don’t believe they offered him 1.5 million. I think that was leaked to Stefan because the fans anger is pointed at Blake James and the BOT at the moment, and they want the heat off them.

Talk is cheap. We get poached WAY the **** too often. Like every year, just about.

Do you also believe the world is flat, the moon landing was fake, and water is not wet?

Advertisement
Back