More on Manny Diaz/Banda (Updated)

I think Banda has done enough to warrant consideration for something outside of Manny's umbrella. I was pleasantly surprised at how well safety play has been for the last 3 years.

I won’t argue. He’s a good S coach. Don’t want him as DC here though, at least not yet. Also doesn’t change my opinion that he’s a Diaz guy, not a Richt guy. I don’t think he really has a choice but to follow Manny.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Because, assuming he wouldn’t be a coordinator at Temple, Miami looks a lot better than Temple on a resume.

Banda will follow Diaz because he can move with Diaz as his coaching career takes off.... it is a dead end street with Mork.. who will be forced out in an year or two.

Advertisement
Banda will follow Diaz because he can move with Diaz as his coaching career takes off.... it is a dead end street with Mork.. who will be forced out in an year or two.
I see what you’re saying, but just because he stays with CMR now doesn’t mean he can’t link up with Diaz in the future.

They should use that 1.5 to get an elite DC and future head coach CMR can groom.
If they were willing to pay Diaz 1.5 mil, we will indeed get a top notch DC. My question is this. If UM is THAT serious about winning, why the living **** aren't we forcing Richt to hire an OC? You know what kind of OC we can get for 1.5 mil a year?

I see what you’re saying, but just because he stays with CMR now doesn’t mean he can’t link up with Diaz in the future.

Best time to get in on the college coaching train is when a young upstart HC assembles his initial set of coaches. If he has any success, you can ride that HC...... unless you ***** up really bad.
Coaching is a fraternity... finding the right HC to latch on to early, will determine how far you go... Most HCs like to take their trusted assistants wherever they go..

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back