More on Manny Diaz/Banda (Updated)

Advertisement
That’s Diaz’s son. I’ll be shocked if he stays because the new DC might not really want separate DB coaches, especially if he’s a DB coach himself.

At this point, I'd try to take on LB coach if I'm Banda. I'd take him a hundred times over than Patke; the latter of whom I still don't understand what he does exactly.

I’m just ****ed that Temple now has a better HC than us. Diaz can coach circles around Richt at this point in their respective careers. Temple gets the young, fiery coach with Miami in his veins. We get the old geriatric schlep who cares more about taking care of his friends and family than winning.

Reading the tea ☕️ leaves it appears to me that there was no love lost between Diaz and Richtirement. Think about this for a second. When was the last time you heard either of them speak fondly of one another? I mean sure Richtirement has mentioned “his” defense being great, but how about Manny, it’s architect? And of course we have the **** storm that was this season, where Diaz has publicly lambasted (with good reason) the offense and to a lesser degreee, the HC decision making.

That’s Diaz’s son. I’ll be shocked if he stays because the new DC might not really want separate DB coaches, especially if he’s a DB coach himself.

Yup. He gone. Only question is before or after early signing. Diaz coaching the bowl game tells me Banda leaving at least won't be announced before early signing. It's not like Temple is gonna get any of our safety prospects.

Advertisement
Reading the tea ☕️ leaves it appears to me that there was no love lost between Diaz and Richtirement. Think about this for a second. When was the last time you heard either of them speak fondly of one another? I mean sure Richtirement has mentioned “his” defense being great, but how about Manny, it’s architect? And of course we have the **** storm that was this season, where Diaz has publicly lambasted (with good reason) the offense and to a lesser degreee, the HC decision making.
Manny personally thank richt today’s in his press conference

A safety coach is pivotal to manny Diaz defense, fully expect Diaz to try and get him
We’d be able to pay Banda more, but I’ll be shocked if he chooses to stay with a DC he doesn’t even know yet and a DC who might not even want him. Like I said, he’s practically Diaz’s son. There is certainty in their relationship unlike what he faces here with the total unknown of a new DC.

I don’t understand the lovefest with Banda? People on here were calling him a washed up bartender a few months ago and now suddenly if Banda leaves we are toast?

If we could get two coordinators **** bent on getting to the next level or HC gig we'd hardly lose a game.

Diaz is the model of what we should be after on both sides of the ball.

Advertisement
Yup. He gone. Only question is before or after early signing. Diaz coaching the bowl game tells me Banda leaving at least won't be announced before early signing. It's not like Temple is gonna get any of our safety prospects.

Announcement could be made in the am it says

Like I said, UM will always pony up with cash. Diaz wanted to be a HC, and this was a great opportunity.

I tried telling you guys that if Temple offered he was gone. They were offering the one thing UM couldn’t—the HC gig. #Listen2TheLegend
It sounds better too many. When they could say that UM wouldn't pay up. Or that Manny was looking to ditch Richt.

He is a Head Coach now at a program that has produced 4 straight power 5 opportunities to other coaches. Opportunity to run a program as a whole and prove he can do it for the power 5 level.

Fair again. But "elite" DCs and OCs get Power 5 job offers too. In our own division see Narduzzi at Pitt.

Advertisement
I’m just ****ed that Temple now has a better HC than us. Diaz can coach circles around Richt at this point in their respective careers. Temple gets the young, fiery coach with Miami in his veins. We get the old geriatric schlep who cares more about taking care of his friends and family than winning.

Guess we will find out in 2020 when Temple comes to town.

This rings true, I believe it and it makes sense. While it’s popular to hate Blake, it makes no sense, he has dramatically upgraded coaching pay at UM, got us an indoor practice facility, hired Richt and Laranaga. Regarding Diaz, he earned his shot as a HC, that’s what happens when you hire very good coordinators. Yes, the timing sucks, but he had his shot and took it. Recruiting will suffer in the short run, we get a new DC and life goes on.

I was told today from a program source that Miami was willing to go to $1.5 million dollars per year to keep Diaz at UM, which would have made him the second highest-paid Coordinator in the ACC behind Brent Venables. Diaz simply wanted to take on the challenge of becoming a head coach and there wasn't much Miami could've done about it.

Update: Was also told that safeties coach Ephraim Banda will make a final decision on whether to join Diaz at Temple tonight and news could come as early as tomorrow morning.

Advertisement
A safety coach is pivotal to manny Diaz defense, fully expect Diaz to try and get him

Thing is, S coach at Miami is a higher step than S coach at Temple. Manny might not be able to offer Banda the money he's making at Miami, while at Temple. The only way I see Banda going is if he's a DC, or holds some type of associate HC title.

Keep reaching for headlines to push your agenda. Fake news at its best!!

Advertisement
Back