More on Manny Diaz/Banda (Updated)

Bud Foster is an alcoholic that is why he never gets HCing interviews. Kirby Smart got an offer to be the HC of Auburn and didn't take it. Venebables has kid on the roster and almost left for the Arkansas DC job IIRC.

Advertisement
I don’t buy it. I believe that’s what you were TOLD, but I don’t buy it.

Bama holds on to Kirby Smart for a decade. Clemson holds on to Venables. Virginia Tech hangs on to Bud Foster. ****, even Texas A&M held on to Elko.

But Miami? We get poached every year. Stoutland, Cristobal, Kool, Diaz, etc etc etc going all the **** way back to Butch Davis

So no, I don’t believe that Miami really did “all it could”.
All those guys you mentioned interviewed for HC gigs but didn’t get them. Venables seems like a spazz and has said he’s happy just being a DC at Clemson. Foster was regularly interviewing and Spermy Fart interviewed too. They just didn’t get the gigs they interviewed for.

It will be ideal if Banda stays, BUT if he doesn’t we could have rumph coach all of the dbs or add Ed reed as safety coach with rumph continuing to coach cbs.
I think having a safties only coach is a waste of a coach spot. Just hire a DC with 2ndary experience and let him and Rumph sort that out. Patke has to be forced out imo, bring back Barrow. That gives us plus 1 coach, then a mob of us are gonna figure out who Trustee A is and we gonna make him force Briles on Richt, even if Briles doesnt want to, then we gonna try and cover it up.

I don’t believe they offered him 1.5 million. I think that was leaked to Stefan because the fans anger is pointed at Blake James and the BOT at the moment, and they want the heat off them.

Talk is cheap. We get poached WAY the **** too often. Like every year, just about.

Talk is cheap. Interesting comment before your cheap talk.

Advertisement
It will be ideal if Banda stays, BUT if he doesn’t we could have rumph coach all of the dbs or add Ed reed as safety coach with rumph continuing to coach cbs.
I’d rather see one DB coach and the new DC oversee the whole defense. Let the assistants do their job

I don’t believe they offered him 1.5 million. I think that was leaked to Stefan because the fans anger is pointed at Blake James and the BOT at the moment, and they want the heat off them.

Talk is cheap. We get poached WAY the **** too often. Like every year, just about.
Temple offered more money and guess what else?? That’s right the HC gig that he wanted. Why is this so hard for you guys to comprehend?

Can we chill on the absolute declaration that he made the "right" move. That's 1000% not a given as in the end it's still Temple and AT BEST it's a launching pad to a power 5 gig- one that he very well may have been offered after a similar season of remaining here.

Sooooooo, I'm absolutely not saying it was the wrong move but it absolutely can't be deemed the right move.....yet.

There are no guarentees in life and he got a guarantee by Temple. He made the right move.

You can look at this several ways and the smart move was to Temple for his career.

Advertisement
It was his only move. Staying with Richt was not an option for him.

Fair but that's a personal reason/choice. We see Big 12 offensive coaches lionized all the time while playing on teams with garbage defenses. I think the opposite could've been true with him even if our offense continues to blow next year and then maybe the job offers get better than App State and Temple.

I don’t buy it. I believe that’s what you were TOLD, but I don’t buy it.

Bama holds on to Kirby Smart for a decade. Clemson holds on to Venables. Virginia Tech hangs on to Bud Foster. ****, even Texas A&M held on to Elko.

But Miami? We get poached every year. Stoutland, Cristobal, Kool, Diaz, etc etc etc going all the **** way back to Butch Davis

So no, I don’t believe that Miami really did “all it could”.
Stoutland everybody wanted gone, Cristobal took a hc job and Kool wouldn't recruit….so whats the point.

There are no guarentees in life and he got a guarantee by Temple. He made the right move.

You can look at this several ways and the smart move was to Temple for his career.

I'd be more inclined to agree with you if they were paying him more. It not being significantly more than a lateral financial move lends one to think it was based on his belief that this job will more quickly launch him to a real head coaching job.

That's far from a given so that's why I don't think just on the career trajectory criteria that we can label it as absolute the "right" choice.

Advertisement
I'd be more inclined to agree with you if they were paying him more. It not being significantly more than a lateral financial move lends one to think it was based on his belief that this job will more quickly launch him to a real head coaching job.

That's far from a given so that's why I don't think just on the career trajectory criteria that we can label it as absolute the "right" choice.

He is a Head Coach now at a program that has produced 4 straight power 5 opportunities to other coaches. Opportunity to run a program as a whole and prove he can do it for the power 5 level.

Why so much love for Borrow and ed Reed as coaches? They can no longer play and kids do not know who they are enough to want to play for them. Has Reed coached before? I did not think he did. Borrow has been out for a while right? What made him leave in the first place?

Advertisement
I’m not buying that piece of ice in the North Pole.
Let see who they higher if they were willing to pay that. Let’s see if they go after nfl dudes.
That’s some serious cash. For that money in this city with our players you have a good pool to pick.
But we’ll go cheap again and go for some grad assistant or some Shiite.
Put up or shut up time for cmr and James
You guys get that offering $1.5M to keep a guy already on staff who you like is a lot different than paying whoever the replacement is $1.5M?

You pay what you have to pay to get the guy you want, and I bet Sleepy’s phone has been ringing off the hook with guys looking to do what Diaz just did—parlay the DC gig into s HC gig in 3 years.

That’s Diaz’s son. I’ll be shocked if he stays because the new DC might not really want separate DB coaches, especially if he’s a DB coach himself.
A safety coach is pivotal to manny Diaz defense, fully expect Diaz to try and get him

Fair but that's a personal reason/choice. We see Big 12 offensive coaches lionized all the time while playing on teams with garbage defenses. I think the opposite could've been true with him even if our offense continues to blow next year and then maybe the job offers get better than App State and Temple.

Yeah, but he couldn't put up with Dicht's stupid face and his excuses anymore. It's one thing when the other side of the ball sucks. It's another when your boss (and his snotface son) is the one who's responsible for the other side of the ball and he's a functional ******, but you're still supposed to do whatever he says.

EnchantingMemorableGalah-size_restricted.gif

Advertisement
Back