More info on Bryant de-commitment

I have no idea why I care so little about this, but I guess part of it is that I think Keith AND Pete may be trolling us. Directly or indirectly. Either way, I think it's way too far away to flip out over.

Let me guess? You've read this choose-your-adventure book many times and know how all roads end?

Advertisement
What if we cooled on this kid? No one has mentioned this possibility.

Let's look at a couple of possibilities. First, it seems that Lavon Hooks is in the bag because this is the first trip he will be bringing his parents. Remember, they have to pay for their own airline flight, hotel, and all expenses. This kid will immediately be in our rotation. Secondly, the TOS CI site reported that Bostwick has more than a minimum ACT (a 20 score) and either has qualified or is close. IMO, Bostwick has better upside than Bryant (he is now close to 285-290, he is much quicker, has better lateral footspeed, has better hand disengagement and pass rushing skills, and for the star whores, he is rated higher all all sites). Kid can play DE on 3/4 now but he is pup and just like Pierre will put on at least 20 more lbs of solid musle to his frame. Bryant seems like the pudgy plugger DT type with lost of explosion. Bostwick also made All state 8A for 2 years in a row). That is two top kids we will have on our roster next year at DT-- a JUCO and national top ten DT freshman.

Scenario 1: We are only taking two DTs with the possibility of a third. Once Bostwick qualified and Hooks gave the silent green light to Golden, Golden might have told Bryant that we want two DTs but will take a third if he shuts up and does not take any future visits. This was a test to see if he was "all cane" and if he really wanted in.

Secenario 2: Similar to # 1 but Golden has a strong "amber light" or a "silent green" from Ben Bradley and Golden seems optimistic. If he was to take a 3rd kid, he might prefer Bradley over Bryant who was playing games.

Scenario 3: Golden had a communication with Bryant and told him that it was ok to have options and that it was OK if he was unsure where he wants to go but told him to stop playing public games cause it makes us look bad-- he needed to play it similar to how Collins is treating his recruitment with continued respect for the U. If Bryant was flakey with his response, Golden then cut the kid loose cause we do not need any more public primadonas making us look bad.

Scenario 4: ???? you can come up with different possibilities how we cut him lose.

You catch my drift. There just MIGHT be the possibility that WE cooled on this kid and not the opposite.

Food for thought since no one knows what is really going on except the staff and kids.

Last edited:
To start off, I was wayyy wrong on this one. As you guys know, I had been feeling good about his commitment even through all of the latest rumors.

Anyways, I asked him last night if there was any particular reason he was still committed to Miami or if he was planning on de-committing. I woke up a little while ago and he had texted me at 6AM saying "I did" so I'm guessing the de-commitment took place last night.

He's still considering Miami, but it remains to be seen how hard the Miami staff will go after him. Miami was not happy at all with the way he has been handling things and was close to just letting him go his own way without a fight.

This is why I asked you on how confident you were about him, and how it pertained to your confidence regarding AC. You bring the goods Pete, so Im not knocking you, but as time goes on you will realize that these kids play major games and they love the **** too.

Collins and Bryant are completely different cases. Collins was coming to Miami before the Franklin got involved. How was I supposed to know FSU would offer him?

I'm sure we cooled on this guy. When you stick your middle finger high in the air to this coaching staff, they cool pretty quick.

Advertisement
To start off, I was wayyy wrong on this one. As you guys know, I had been feeling good about his commitment even through all of the latest rumors.

Anyways, I asked him last night if there was any particular reason he was still committed to Miami or if he was planning on de-committing. I woke up a little while ago and he had texted me at 6AM saying "I did" so I'm guessing the de-commitment took place last night.

He's still considering Miami, but it remains to be seen how hard the Miami staff will go after him. Miami was not happy at all with the way he has been handling things and was close to just letting him go his own way without a fight.

This is why I asked you on how confident you were about him, and how it pertained to your confidence regarding AC. You bring the goods Pete, so Im not knocking you, but as time goes on you will realize that these kids play major games and they love the **** too.

Collins and Bryant are completely different cases. Collins was coming to Miami before the Franklin got involved. How was I supposed to know FSU would offer him?

It was going to take a desperate move for anyone to get Collins from us. Not your fault you didn't see that bull**** coming. Nobody really did.

I have no idea why I care so little about this, but I guess part of it is that I think Keith AND Pete may be trolling us. Directly or indirectly. Either way, I think it's way too far away to flip out over.

Let me guess? You've read this choose-your-adventure book many times and know how all roads end?

Honestly, Willie Williams ****ed me up. I started deeply following recruiting with the Vernon Carey class in '98. My obsession kept rising until it peaked with Williams. D$ and I were essentially living out of his current wife and my ex's college apartment. We stayed up worried about what this ******* High School LB was going to do. We woke up early. We got news of the fax. We yelled with joy. We claimed UM would likely get right back to dominance! Ya! VTECH 2005! We're back!

No. We were ****ed anyway. Williams turned out to be a flop. We've spent 10 years sucking. I'm just not gonna commit my soul to these commitments anymore. I understand when others do it, though.

this must just be a smokescreen, given all the posters over the last couple days saying with certainty "nothing to see here ... cane lock .... he's just playing the game."

What if we cooled on this kid? No one has mentioned this possibility.

Let's look at a couple of possibilities. First, it seems that Lavon Hooks is in the bag because this is the first trip he will be bringing his parents. Remember, they have to pay for their own airline flight, hotel, and all expenses. This kid will immediately be in our rotation. Secondly, the TOS CI site reported that Bostwick has more than a minimum ACT (a 20 score) and either has qualified or is close. IMO, Bostwick has better upside than Bryant (he is now close to 285-290, he is much quicker, has better lateral footspeed, has better hand disengagement and pass rushing skills, and for the star whores, he is rated higher all all sites). Kid can play DE on 3/4 now but he is pup and just like Pierre will put on at least 20 more lbs of solid musle to his frame. Bryant seems like the pudgy plugger DT type with lost of explosion. Bostwick also made All state 8A for 2 years in a row). That is two top kids we will have on our roster next year at DT-- a JUCO and national top ten DT freshman.

Scenario 1: We are only taking two DTs with the possibility of a third. Once Bostwick qualified and Hooks gave the silent green light to Golden, Golden might have told Bryant that we want two DTs but will take a third if he shuts up and does not take any future visits. This was a test to see if he was "all cane" and if he really wanted in.

Secenario 2: Similar to # 1 but Golden has a strong "amber light" or a "silent green" from Ben Bradley and Golden seems optimistic. If he was to take a 3rd kid, he might prefer Bradley over Bryant who was playing games.

Scenario 3: Golden had a communication with Bryant and told him that it was ok to have options and that it was OK if he was unsure where he wants to go but told him to stop playing public games cause it makes us look bad-- he needed to play it similar to how Collins is treating his recruitment with continued respect for the U. If Bryant was flakey with his response, Golden then cut the kid loose cause we do not need any more public primadonas making us look bad.

Scenario 4: ???? you can come up with different possibilities how we cut him lose.

You catch my drift. There just MIGHT be the possibility that WE cooled on this kid and not the opposite.

Food for thought since no one knows what is really going on except the staff and kids.

I think you may have nailed it. It has to be one of the first two scenarios, or the staff as simply cooled on him for some reason. How can you go from a commit to all of a sudden naming FSU your favorite a week after your main recruiter and D-coordinator leaves.....just doesnt add up. That or Eddie Gran dropped by with some goodies.

Advertisement

Honestly, Willie Williams ****ed me up. I started deeply following recruiting with the Vernon Carey class in '98. My obsession kept rising until it peaked with Williams. D$ and I were essentially living out of his current wife and my ex's college apartment. We stayed up worried about what this ******* High School LB was going to do. We woke up early. We got news of the fax. We yelled with joy. We claimed UM would likely get right back to dominance! Ya! VTECH 2005! We're back!

No. We were ****ed anyway. Williams turned out to be a flop. We've spent 10 years sucking. I'm just not gonna commit my soul to these commitments anymore. I understand when others do it, though.

For me, it was a year later with Antone Smith. So much hype. So much devastation. By that time, I was taking off work to soak in NSD. Multiple TV's running, computer streaming, bbq, the works. I sent out text updates to interested family and friends. It was crack and I loved it.

I got into recruiting to learn about and get familiar with incoming players. Along the line I got caught in the star rankings, the competition, the intrigue, the drama. It was a soap opera.

Now I'm just back to where I started and it feels good.

"Asked via text if he is still considering Miami at all, Bryant responded "Yeah, I still wanna be recruited."

Lol

That's how I am as well. I'm not going to stress or bash a kid over every little bit of news. It helps too that I believe in this staff a **** of a lot more then the last two at finding and developing talent.

There are very few sure fire recruits. KW, Williams, Smith, RRA, Dubose etc were all guys the boards were drooling/freaking out over; all were duds.

Advertisement
I don't know why but I think this is the most epic troll job of all time.

I think he is just trying to make his hat pick more entertaining.

these people crack me up who say "only recruit kids who want to play for the U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

newsflash stupids: tracy howard didn't want to play for the U either

Advertisement
First this is the most epic troll job by anykid ever, kudos to him for pulling this off

But Golden is a businessman and he doesnt fool around, and quite frankly with sanctions and stuff looming he doesn't have time to fool around, if your not gonna act professional with him then he isn't gonna bother.

these people crack me up who say "only recruit kids who want to play for the U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

newsflash stupids: tracy howard didn't want to play for the U either

forget the "only recruit kids who want to play for the U!!!!!" this is a matter of character and maturity which Keith Bryant is showing he lacks. Tracy Howard handled his recruitment with maturity and did not show up any schools. Golden was able to change his mind. KB is toying with UM publicly and handling his recruitment about as poorly as possible. He seems to be a me-first headcase that is very likely to cause problems down the road. The kids that have recruitments like this very rarely pan out. Patrick Johnson/Peterson is about the only one I can think of that was successful, and he happened to be a transcendent talent. I'm not saying we should stop recruiting the kid because he's wavering from his commitment, I'm saying to drop him because his mental capacity doesnt match his physical capacity. Alex Collins is a perfect example. He wasn't sure what he wanted to do. He backed off his commitment. He has handled himself with maturity and respect. Whether he's a Cane or not, I have no qualms with how he's done it. KB, on the other hand, can kick rocks

Lol@ posters saying we cooled on the kid. With how thin we are up front no way that happened.

Advertisement
Back