More info on Bryant de-commitment

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
To start off, I was wayyy wrong on this one. As you guys know, I had been feeling good about his commitment even through all of the latest rumors.

Anyways, I asked him last night if there was any particular reason he was still committed to Miami or if he was planning on de-committing. I woke up a little while ago and he had texted me at 6AM saying "I did" so I'm guessing the de-commitment took place last night.

He's still considering Miami, but it remains to be seen how hard the Miami staff will go after him. Miami was not happy at all with the way he has been handling things and was close to just letting him go his own way without a fight.

Advertisement
I think Al just isn't gonna settle for those type of charter kids

Well ****. As others have stated gotta get the top notch local talent as much of a pain as they may be cant just let them go.

Advertisement
Looming NCAA sanctions and the opportunity coaches have from that to negative recruit is really hurting us.

I like Golden a lot and he handles the recruiting game really good.Why recruit guys that don't want to play for the U family!!!

Not good. Position of need and offers of immediate P.T. aren't enough? We may not want him, but we need someone good and I hope the staff has a better plan.

Advertisement
I disagree with all the "character" comments and the "well, if he doesn't want to be here, ***** him." Who cares? You can't spin this to not sting, particularly at a HUGE position of need, and arguably the most important position in your defense. Just look at Louis Nix as an example. A lot of these kids are primadonnas. Play the game with them, get them here, and then hope you can control them once they get on campus.

Advertisement
The kid has thrown up the middle finger to Miami for whatever reason. If you are a coach what do you do? Throw up the middle finger to the kid and say, "no **** YOU !", and continue on to find viable bodies for a position of need? Or do you try and mend fences and get the kid to firm up his position?

FSU has a crap load of DTs already on the roster, included the #1 DT last year already on the roster. So suffice it to say, FSU doesn't NEED a DT, they just want one. If he feels that as a freshman he can crack the depth chart and get PT, more power to KB.

Meanwhile Miami has a glaring need at the position, Bryant has a better than above average chance to gain PT, and he wants to ***** foot around. I just don't get it.

Everyone says dream school. It dont mean **** once recruiting kicks in. And I ubderstand cause these are 17 and 18 year olds being treated like kings on every campus they step foot on.

Advertisement
I like Golden a lot and he handles the recruiting game really good.Why recruit guys that don't want to play for the U family!!!

No offense, but wasn't that Randy's philosophy?

Yes but anyone who thinks that's Golden's philosophy hasn't been ****ing paying attention

I don't think that's Golden's philosophy; it's the fans with that philosophy that's frustrating.

I think Golden is a little less rigid in that regard and if the kid wants to do a 180, Golden would listen.

In Golden I trust

Not saying it isn't a big loss, but I'm sure they have legit backup options in case this happened.

No offense, but wasn't that Randy's philosophy?

Yes but anyone who thinks that's Golden's philosophy hasn't been ******* paying attention

I don't think that's Golden's philosophy; it's the fans with that philosophy that's frustrating.

Yeah I completely agree with you there man. Golden doesn't give a **** if a kid is a Cane fan. He said himself I will show up at their doorstep every day until they tell me not to anymore.

We don't need Cane fans, we need Cane ballers.

Just venting a little frustration not directed at you or 88 of course.

Advertisement
Back