Monday Recruiting Chatter - 1/21

View as article
Advertisement
No one in the family of Elam is coming to Miami, ever. Anyone familiar with Palm Beach County recruiting knows this. Staff should not bother a nanosecond with him.

Would be truer if the UM campus was located adjacent to "downtown" Gables. As situated, UM campus is not close to offering amenities such as Westwood Village offers, a stones throw away from UCLA.

Not so sure. The houses on Granada Road are pretty darn nice. You can be over at the Shoppes at Merrick Park or Miracle Mile pretty quickly or in the exclusive parts of Coconut Grove in 10 to 15 minutes. The school is adjacent to the Biltmore.

Advertisement
Not at all. Skid Row seems to expanding. Many homeless moving out, setting small tent groups of 2-6 around Hollywood, Mid-City, and other parts of DTLA.

But hey, I read the economy is booming. :rolleyes:

Perfect Example of how far left liberal policies have destroyed California.

Not so sure. The houses on Granada Road are pretty darn nice. You can be over at the Shoppes at Merrick Park or Miracle Mile pretty quickly or in the exclusive parts of Coconut Grove in 10 to 15 minutes. The school is adjacent to the Biltmore.
No question the Gables is a very beautiful place. If you've been by UCLA though, you'd know what I meant. Westwood Village is sort of an upscale little college community with restaurants, bars, movie theaters, etc. that you can easily WALK to from the campus in a couple minutes.

Advertisement
No question the Gables is a very beautiful place. If you've been by UCLA though, you'd know what I meant. Westwood Village is sort of an upscale little college community with restaurants, bars, movie theaters, etc. that you can easily WALK to from the campus in a couple minutes.
Does nobody think SoMi district worthwhile? Craig Erickson has new place called Gringo's Oyster Bar, lots of other places too.

Or Bama backed off him.
Exactly what I mean by the wheels falling off...
That is why we have to recruit better nationally. I get the state of Miami strategy. But it is not the 80’s anymore, kids have options and college football is a different beast. I think manny gets that and once you start winning the local kids will come anyway.
been saying this for a few years myself...took heat for it.... now it's reality...more OOS recruiting along with the portal is helping us build quality depth..... instead of taking too many plan b 3* reaches.....once we start winning on a yearly basis....sfla kids will start to favor the U again.....stop crying about losing to bags after going 7-6 got waxed in the **** bowl by a weak Wisconsin team.... .some posters on this site forget the Canes sucked *** last season lol...Manny is doing an excellent job with the portal....our Roster is beginning to look like we're capable of making a run.....I believe we are a few pieces away.....add Hill, Nnoruka and possibly one more stud ( if available) DT....it's on....

Perfect Example of how far left liberal policies have destroyed California.

Actually a great example of what happens when local governments put the needs and wants of land developers and rich people in Beverly Hills ahead of everything else. Both of which I know are very far left policies.

What part of LA do you live in?

West wood village is walking distance to UCLA. Big difference from houses on Granada too. It's not just a shopping area but the whole feel of Westwood village is different from what we have. It feels like a simple extension to campus. Not at all ****ting on us. Cant wait till the dorms are done. Just pointing out it's a very different vibe.

Advertisement

I've been to Westwood. My son applied to USC. I told him it hugs Compton. I said if you want to go to school in LA, then you apply to UCLA because Westwood is beautiful. The Gables does have comparable. You just cannot walk from Hecht across the street unless you want to go to the Shake Shack. The Shoppes at Merrick Park are maybe 2 miles tops.

These diverse threads are phenomenal. With Elam, I learned the history of dance. Here I'm learning economic development and urban/suburban differences between East and West.

Is there a form I fill out for credit for online classes?

Actually a great example of what happens when local governments put the needs and wants of land developers and rich people in Beverly Hills ahead of everything else. Both of which I know are very far left policies.

What part of LA do you live in?

I don't live in LA but I lived 20+ year in blue Miami Dade county. Higher taxes , lib policies have made it one of the most expensive places to live Nationwide. Many young professionals like mysf are moving to other states or redder counties to make ends meet.

Here is a great article from Victor Davis Hanson ( one of the premier historians in the world and a California Native), on the destructive policies that have affected Californians.
https://www.investors.com/politics/columnists/victor-davis-hanson-will-california-ever-thrive-again/

Last edited:
Advertisement
I also have visited San Francisco plenty... The homeless crisis , needles in the streets, garbage, and expensive prices are drowning the average person. An Uber driver worked 3 jobs to live 40 minutes outside the city the last time I went 2 years ago... It is very sad indeed.

Is it just me or is anyone concerned the staff continues to pursue all positions except OL, a glaring deficiency at this time? I get it that it’s kind of late in the game pursuing OLs at this time, but I see a lot of flip candidates at the other positions, why not OL? Just thinking.

Is it just me or is anyone concerned the staff continues to pursue all positions except OL, a glaring deficiency at this time? I get it that it’s kind of late in the game pursuing OLs at this time, but I see a lot of flip candidates at the other positions, why not OL? Just thinking.

They may feel good about Washington which would be OL #4 not counting Kennedy.

Advertisement
Back