Monday Recruiting Chatter - 1/21

View as article
From ivins richards is taking a ov to miami this weekend. And he said he has known hickson since he was in 9th grade.

Entire defensive staff is going in home with bogle tonight. Diaz saving his visit.

Advertisement
I've been to Westwood. My son applied to USC. I told him it hugs Compton. I said if you want to go to school in LA, then you apply to UCLA because Westwood is beautiful. The Gables does have comparable. You just cannot walk from Hecht across the street unless you want to go to the Shake Shack. The Shoppes at Merrick Park are maybe 2 miles tops.

Actually Compton is a little further south and 2 the East.

MAR is now all into Georgia....Smart compared him to Alvin Kamara and he gobbled it up.

Advertisement
MAR is now all into Georgia....Smart compared him to Alvin Kamara and he gobbled it up.

Wait. So all we need to do is have our coaches compare a recruit to an NFL star that didn't even go to UM and they will commit/ sign? Quick, someone call MAR and compare him to Kareem Hunt.

1548102970682.png

West wood village is walking distance to UCLA. Big difference from houses on Granada too. It's not just a shopping area but the whole feel of Westwood village is different from what we have. It feels like a simple extension to campus. Not at all ****ting on us. Cant wait till the dorms are done. Just pointing out it's a very different vibe.
The campuses at UM (Coral Gables) and UCLA (Westwood) have a very similar feel. They are both like a beautiful & peaceful oasis located in a large metropolitan city. Yes, Westwood has more retail & restaurants as well as some Class A office towers in slightly closer proximity to the campus (some of them are walking distance -- although NO-ONE WALKS ANYWHERE in either Miami or LA). However, there are also all of these things around UM too (just slightly more spread out). Net net the two schools have a remarkably similar feel to them. UM is a great fit for the UCLA DT and we'd love to have him. I attended UM and have lived in LA for about 18 years (Wilshire Blvd right near Westwood & Santa Monica) and went to UM.

Advertisement
From ivins richards is taking a ov to miami this weekend. And he said he has known hickson since he was in 9th grade.

Entire defensive staff is going in home with bogle tonight. Diaz saving his visit.
Smart move. Dumb question but do assistants have unlimited visits like once a week or something?

These diverse threads are phenomenal. With Elam, I learned the history of dance. Here I'm learning economic development and urban/suburban differences between East and West.

Is there a form I fill out for credit for online classes?

Did you pass? #kidding

I don't live in LA but I lived 20+ year in blue Miami Dade county. Higher taxes , lib policies have made it one of the most expensive places to live Nationwide. Many young professionals like mysf are moving to other states or redder counties to make ends meet.

Here is a great article from Victor Davis Hanson ( one of the premier historians in the world and a California Native), on the destructive policies that have affected Californians.
https://www.investors.com/politics/columnists/victor-davis-hanson-will-california-ever-thrive-again/

Isnt there somewhere else you can talk about politics?

Blows my mind that people come on a recruiting board to trash one side or the other

Smart move. Dumb question but do assistants have unlimited visits like once a week or something?

Once a week during the contact period. HC only has 1 for the entire cycle(which I think is as stupid as taking the HC opportunity to recruit during Spring Evals)

Advertisement
The campuses at UM (Coral Gables) and UCLA (Westwood) have a very similar feel. They are both like a beautiful & peaceful oasis located in a large metropolitan city. Yes, Westwood has more retail & restaurants as well as some Class A office towers in slightly closer proximity to the campus (some of them are walking distance -- although NO-ONE WALKS ANYWHERE in either Miami or LA). However, there are also all of these things around UM too (just slightly more spread out). Net net the two schools have a remarkably similar feel to them. UM is a great fit for the UCLA DT and we'd love to have him. I attended UM and have lived in LA for about 18 years (Wilshire Blvd right near Westwood & Santa Monica) and went to UM.

Is it me or is Westwood Village struggling with closed restaurants and shops? I was there two weeks before Christmas, during lunch hour, and the area seemed on the decline. A lot spaces for rent. FYI - I’ve lived in LA since 1985. Currently live in Hancock Park.

Is it just me or is anyone concerned the staff continues to pursue all positions except OL, a glaring deficiency at this time? I get it that it’s kind of late in the game pursuing OLs at this time, but I see a lot of flip candidates at the other positions, why not OL? Just thinking.

Remember there are going to be more transfers after Spring. Could still add a GT OL later

Advertisement
I was just in Westwood just a couple months ago.

What I meant was in proximity to the Downtown area, Westwood to DTLA is very similar to Coral Gables to Downtown Miami.

If I were living in Westwood I’d rather take a short trip down Wilshire to Santa Monica and Venice.

Is it just me or is anyone concerned the staff continues to pursue all positions except OL, a glaring deficiency at this time? I get it that it’s kind of late in the game pursuing OLs at this time, but I see a lot of flip candidates at the other positions, why not OL? Just thinking.

Maybe The Portal is low on quality OL?

I will not get sucked it, I will not get sucked in.

Advertisement
Back