Monday Recruiting Chatter - 1/21

Pretty positive but we’ve seen this before from the staff. The Florida visit for the DT scares me. Hopefully we can stay on them and use our in home visits this week to seal the deal.
I was saying the same thing... he can also make an impact there... I'd rather him come here.

Advertisement
Ive been to both(since I live in LA) have been in Coral Gables. Both are great, they aren't all that similar, however

I was stationed in Southern California from 2005-2008. Been to Westwood about a dozen times. Nice area, but as you've said, they're not that similar; other than that they're nice areas.

Right this very second, with clear roads at 11pm, it'll take you 30m to get to South Beach from say, Miller Rd in Kendall.

You sounding like my wife rn with directions.
Buddy #1 I'm far from ur wife. #2 I dont need to play this game. I've literally timed that trip from the spot in kendall. Right near Miami Dade off of killian straight to the highway. I did say I push it so maybe that's our difference. I have a heavy foot well say. Regardless theres no more need for this convo. You've got ur fact & I've got mine. To be clear if you drive like an old man I agree itll take you forever to go anywhere. Patience isn't a virtue I possess.

Advertisement
There are tons of elite players ever year who don’t get paid. Do all of y’all really think every kid in the rivals top 250 and beyond get paid?

Yes, these morons do. At least when we're after a recruit and lose out. What cracks me up is these same dudes bust on the staff, but then act surprised when those recruits go to a powerhouse program. Wait, so our staff sucks, but you still want them to come. Manny doesn't get it done, same thing will happen in a year or two.

We get these same type of write ups and reports every year and it never works out for us in the optimistic way it’s made out to be.

Can this staff finally close the deal on multiple up-in-the-air prospects this late in the game?

We will see.

Advertisement
I don't know about much nicer... Gables Waterways have some large properties with ocean access, and Westwood can't compete with that.

Absolutely. Gables Estates, the homes behind the Riviera Country Club, et... are better than Westwood, but the mean home in Westwood is slightly nicer than a Coral Gables home.

UM is 5 minutes from Coconut Grove, South Miami (great restaurants east of Sunset and Red Road), Meritt Mall and Miracle Mile. UCLA has Westwood and 5-minutes away Century City. For college students, UM has better areas to "hang out" in than Westwood does.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yes, these morons do. At least when we're after a recruit and lose out. What cracks me up is these same dudes bust on the staff, but then act surprised when those recruits go to a powerhouse program. Wait, so our staff sucks, but you still want them to come. Manny doesn't get it done, same thing will happen in a year or two.

It’s a lose lose for our staff in the eyes of our fans. You recruit 3 stars you get crucified, your try and get the best players in the country and lose out to Bama, Georgia, o$u etc....you get crucified.

I also have visited San Francisco plenty... The homeless crisis , needles in the streets, garbage, and expensive prices are drowning the average person. An Uber driver worked 3 jobs to live 40 minutes outside the city the last time I went 2 years ago... It is very sad indeed.

40 min? More like 1.5 hours.

Advertisement
Back