Monday Recruiting Chatter - 1/21

View as article
People in the fanbase have been saying for months that MAR is not coming here. One person I know predicted back in October that he would be a Gator. Not too surprised about that news.

The Bogle stuff is annoying at this point. Just stop recruiting the man and don't do this putting all eggs in a basket crap.

Advertisement
The stupidity and ignorance of this board amazes me at times. UM for the most part over the past 15 years has been irrelevant as far as the National Championship goes. Kids have choices to play where they want to just like you have deciding where to live or what career to embark on. To rip kids because that don't want to stay home is ridiculous. Could be they fell in love with the campus, school, or just want to get out of Miami. Or certainly bags, a coaching connection, or just want to play for a consistent winner. We need kids that WANT to play for the U but stop with the juvenile behavior of ridiculing kids because they want something different.

Nope.

So true.

How many people here would want to stay within 30 minutes of home for college?

I sure as **** didn’t
That is why we have to recruit better nationally. I get the state of Miami strategy. But it is not the 80’s anymore, kids have options and college football is a different beast. I think manny gets that and once you start winning the local kids will come anyway.

Advertisement
My thoughts too. No doubt Bama boosters definitely play a role in a lot of their recruiting. But at the same time they're like the Patriots. Doesn't really matter who the position coaches or coordinators are, he finds a way to get sh*t done with undrafted rookies and cheap free agent signings.

Nah. Bama not getting **** done with undrafted/free agents. They got the highest paid at every position possible.

There goes Drew, who’s never been to Westwood or Coral Gables, trying to educate Dee, who’s been to both places a thousand times.
To an extent hes right though brother. Parts of Westwood are similar to parts of the gables. But were used to kids coming to Miami not for coral gables but for the city of Miami. What he said is the city's was why he is comfortable and the city's couldn't be further from each other. Got plenty of booji people in both places though.

Advertisement
I hope this is their hail mary to Bogle because at this point and I don't blame Bogle especially if moms is just addicted to the thought od Bama but we cant keep going so hard if he isn't going to come

Advertisement
Shoot your shot with Bogle and if you get him, great, if not, so long as pursuing him doesn't cost us Boykin, we'll be good.

Advertisement
I’ve lived in LA for 30+ years but grew up in Tampa. I would think the LA-Miami comparison is cultural diversity and size. The ‘Greater LA’ area is huge. 17M people. Is not the same true for Miami, if you count the broader multi-county area? Wikipedia shows a 6M population.

Forget the Westwood/BH comparisons to the Gables. LA’s Skid Row is a nicer place to live than Turdsville.

Even when there commercials telling the young homeless Male and females telling them to avoid skid row because of rape.

It is still nicer than Turdsville.

Advertisement
Back