Mitchell Agude (DE transfer) puts UM in his Top 4 (COMMITS)

Advertisement
I'm with you.

And we need the depth because I just checked the roster and we have 4 experienced edges next year including the new transfers Lichty & Moultrie.

But isn't it intriguing to think what Mario and his staff could do with that scholarship? They could use that scholarship on an 18 year old with upside. & there may be more value in that being Mario is here for the long haul. That's all.
I think most would rather use it on a veteran impact player at that position. Dude was 2nd team all conference in a P5 conference…yes he’s better RN then our fresh DEs

a big time LB/DE ain't hitting the portal to come off the bench....Miami in his top 4 means the staff told him something he wanted to hear....

or he knows where he is going and he needs some more hats on the table.

or make it look like the school he picks wasnt obviously tampering.

Not saying that is the case with this dude but you never know

Harvey and Chantz are the starters, obviously.

But do you want this guy to get burn over the freshman? Mind you, Njalik and Cyrus are not normal freshman & Moss is an EE.

I'm not hating on the guy. Mario has apparently offered him and that carries weight. I just don't want to see a one year rental player get more burn than a more talented freshman.
I’m tired of everybody picking their favorites. Let’s let them compete and put the best ones on the field.

Harvey and Chantz are the starters, obviously.

But do you want this guy to get burn over the freshman? Mind you, Njalik and Cyrus are not normal freshman & Moss is an EE.

I'm not hating on the guy. Mario has apparently offered him and that carries weight. I just don't want to see a one year rental player get more burn than a more talented freshman.

Harvey and Chantz might be the starters, but nothing is guaranteed. And yes I want this guy to get burn over the freshman. He’ll make more plays and the freshmen will get run over with their freshmen bodies. It’s good for freshman in the front seven to get burn, but they need time to develop. What are you thinking? This guy is a known commodity, and he’s already been offered, which means that Mario knows that he can contribute right away.

Advertisement
If we have either Kelly or Moss playing significant time at end, we're in trouble. Both hopefully have a bright future but there's a big difference between a true freshman w/ just a couple months in a college weight room vs. linemen that outweigh them significantly and have several years in a college lifting program.

We have on paper a great staff.

But let’s not kid ourselves, our defensive front seven is a HUGE problem.

It’s incredibly thin, both talent wise and depth wise. So much so, that it will contribute to losses next year. Mark my word.

We need a talent infusion like nobody’s business.

It’s going be almost next to impossible to make up for it in the portal, but we at least have to do the best we can.

Take the sunshine glasses off and look at our talent base realistically.

Why does UCLA always have so many African dudes?

I suspect it's due to it being a very good school and many west Africans take university very seriously. Look at the rosters of Texas, Cal-Berkeley, Rice, Stanford, etc.
My alma-mater UofMaryland also has a bunch of African kids on football roster. Some of it due to some very highly-regarded degrees plus school is located in Prince George's County, which has a significant west African population. This is an area we should be attacking more on the recruiting front.

Advertisement
Watched him yesterday against Utah and Oregon (#45 below). He’s a take for me. Long, fast, plays with good effort and is always around the football. Not a technically great, fluid rusher but can get to the QB. Plays almost exclusively as a down lineman despite being a little light.

I don’t see a star like Phillips/Roche but he’s better than McCloud and Johnson.

Yeaaa idk man lol, portal might be just depth this year

We have an elite QB.

You take all the transfers necessary to compete at the highest levels while TVD is here.
This how im viewing this year, we have glaring issues that the portal just won’t completely fix, but get good serviceable guys in the trenches and see what we can do

Looking at the tape, seems like a physically impressive, height/weight/speed guy who's been productive based on that primarily. Not alot of refinement, hopefully we can help him make progress with that and he has a mini-breakout with us

Advertisement
Are 1 year rentals a detriment to the long term development of our young guys? Maybe. BUT -- Mario knows he's got to balance the future with the present, and in the present we've got to win. He cannot come out of the gate in Year 1 and defecate all over himself like a special needs kid who ate two-week old Taco Bell. Manny's 2019 season abomination alone destroyed his chance at success.

So yes, we need this kid badly to help at DE/Rush End/OLB. You're sacrificing a bit of the future for success in the present but it must be done.

When did Chantz become a pencilled in starter?

He hasn’t even flashed as being a good player, Harvey as at least shown some potential, but Chantz has been an overrated speed rusher since HS & hasn’t been good at all IMO.

Take this kid or any other DE that’s wants in, immediately.

This is why some of yall are gonna be in for a rude awakening once the season starts, I think a lot of our fans are really underestimating how poorly structured this roster is & how many holes we have on Defense.

Yes we have the greatest coaching staff ever, but even Bill Walsh & Bill Belichick couldn’t turn this roster into an ACC champion overnight. This will be a 2-3 year rebuild if we’re really being honest, we need Portal help at literally every level except for QB, RB & TE.

He hasn’t even flashed as being a good player, Harvey as at least shown some potential, but Chantz has been an overrated speed rusher since HS & hasn’t been good at all IMO.

This is why some of yall are gonna be in for a rude awakening once the season starts, I think a lot of our fans are really underestimating how poorly structured this roster is & how many holes we have on Defense.

Yes we have the greatest coaching staff ever, but even Bill Walsh & Bill Belichick couldn’t turn this roster into an ACC champion overnight. This will be a 2-3 year rebuild if we’re really being honest, we need Portal help at literally every level except for QB, RB & TE.
Agree wholeheartedly. The whole defense needs to be revamped except the Safety position. I won't call our players trash, because it's not their fault they were recruited to come to Miami when they should've been elsewhere. But we need depth and help **** near everywhere on the D and a few positions on the O.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I agree. I think Jafari is a starter but Chantz needs to show it. Typically this would be the year where he takes a big step but we need another DE and DT from the portal, minimum.

Facts. Mario doesn't have LSU's roster when Orgeron took over, much less Miami's when Coker took over. We've got a great QB, some potentially great young players scattered throughout the other positions, and a lot of other players that would be better on Al Golden's roster.

We are not a great team. Tell me one player who projects to be a day 1 or day 2 kid for next year's draft other than another portal kid in Stevenson (and he's a "maybe" right now)? I'll take your answers offline.

The Portal is a blessing. You are getting guys who are physically developed, experienced and hungry. The key is just making sure you aren't bringing any bad apples into the program.

I expect significantly more Portal additions. 8-9 would not surprise me.

People are kidding themselves if they don’t see the talent issue at defensive front seven and it’s not like we have a bunch of number one picks at cornerback, and on offense it’s what you mentioned. We might be OK at wide receiver I think, but Rambo is leaving a huge hole. You can’t discount the impact he had on the offense. He was pulling down some great 50-50 catches. He’s not that easy to replace at all.

Now do we have the talent to win the coastal, we do, with some good coaching and a little luck, but this roster is not without its holes, and I keep repeating, the defensive front seven is thin, both talent wise and depth wise. We get hit with the injury bug and all bets are off.

We have to be clear eyed about the talent situation that Manny Diaz left us with on defense. Having said that, I think a strong fundamental defensive coach likes Steele is going to make a difference and that’s what gives me some hope. Adding experience like Strong just adds more juice to the mix. Those guys on defense are gonna need all the leadership they can get. Because the talent is not world class.

Advertisement
Back