Mitchell Agude (DE transfer) puts UM in his Top 4 (COMMITS)

Advertisement
This is a very understandable point of view but you must remember that we are at the very beginning of this entire adventure with this staff and the whole new UM commitment to football. The elite players will come and they will be developed. Right now however we have holes in this defensive roster both in terms of starters and in depth so Mario and Co are using every resource available to them in order to upgrade our talent.

Well said. & I'm with it.

Harvey and Chantz are the starters, obviously.

But do you want this guy to get burn over the freshman? Mind you, Njalik and Cyrus are not normal freshman & Moss is an EE.

I'm not hating on the guy. Mario has apparently offered him and that carries weight. I just don't want to see a one year rental player get more burn than a more talented freshman.
Yes. The answer is yes you want this guy to get more burn than under developed freshmen.

Advertisement

But do you want this guy to get burn over the freshman? Mind you, Njalik and Cyrus are not normal freshman & Moss is an EE.

I'm not hating on the guy. Mario has apparently offered him and that carries weight. I just don't want to see a one year rental player get more burn than a more talented freshman.

Chantz and Harvey haven’t done anything to prove they are starters. 90% of you have to be trolls or don’t understand football.

You complain when Mario hires top staff, you complain when we try to add talent to a rosters.

It makes no sense why you wouldn’t want this guy here. It’s a violent game, injuries happen. You need depth and you need guys on special teams. We have been playing under the roster cap for so long that some of you don’t understand what roster balance and a true depth chart looks like.

Watched him yesterday against Utah and Oregon (#45 below). He’s a take for me. Long, fast, plays with good effort and is always around the football. Not a technically great, fluid rusher but can get to the QB. Plays almost exclusively as a down lineman despite being a little light.

I don’t see a star like Phillips/Roche but he’s better than McCloud and Johnson.

Advertisement

I want to win. Burn will be earned.

We need edge help. Harvey and Chantz haven’t done anything to solidify their place as starters and need competition.
I dont get the hype with either of them. but I dont get manny's depth chart either. Chantz played well in some snaps early in season, Gil was our best defender year before couldn't get snaps over Amari, etc. we shall see what they do

Advertisement
Chantz and Harvey haven’t done anything to prove they are starters. 90% of you have to be trolls or don’t understand football.

You complain when Mario hires top staff, you complain when we try to add talent to a rosters.

It makes no sense why you wouldn’t want this guy here. It’s a violent game, injuries happen. You need depth and you need guys on special teams. We have been playing under the roster cap for so long that some of you don’t understand what roster balance and a true depth chart looks like.
in my opinion we aren't in a significantly better place at Edge than we were going into last season. this is our Deonte Johnson from last year. we needed him badly and we need this guy,

I dont get the hype with either of them. but I dont get manny's depth chart either. Chantz played well in some snaps early in season, Gil was our best defender year before couldn't get snaps over Amari, etc. we shall see what they do
They were both pretty highly coveted recruits. They've flashed a little but neither was consistent last year. Zach McCloud was our best pass rusher last season and that says a lot about the lack of production from the younger guys. Chantz was getting his first real action so I still think he can make an impact but Harvey has been playing for two years already and he's been disappointing.

Gaby Update:

-Mario Cristobal has hinted that Miami isn't done adding talent to their 2022 roster. The transfer portal will be a tool the Hurricanes staff continues to utilize over the course of the spring and summer.

A name that emerged recently is UCLA EDGE Mitchell Agude, who dropped a top four of Miami, Oregon, Washington, and Tennessee on Tuesday night. There is some confidence coming out of Coral Gables that the 6-foot-4, 245-pounder could eventually land at Miami. People in the building are extremely high on the pass rusher who would come in and immediately compete for a major role on the defense as a summer enrollee should he elect to commit to the Hurricanes over other notable suitors.

It's unclear whether or not Agude will take any visits given that some transfers have elected to pick programs based on fit and scheme rather than location, but since the Corona (Cali.) Santiago product, who made a stop at Riverside Community College before inking with the Bruins, can't enroll at a school in the spring, it's possible that trips happen once the 'Quiet Period' opens on March 1.

To make it clear, this is a prospect Miami likes and hopes to add to their roster this summer.

Agude played outside linebacker in UCLA's 3-4 scheme but could be a 4-3 defensive end in Kevin Steele's scheme.

Miami has had some success with UCLA transfers in the past with Jaelan Phillips developing into a first-round NFL Draft pick and Chigozie Nnoruka playing in all 13 games in his lone season in orange and green.

Last fall, in 314 pass rush snaps, Aguade totaled four sacks, nine quarterback hits, and 25 quarterback hurries.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back