Mitchell Agude (DE transfer) puts UM in his Top 4 (COMMITS)

I'm not sure I agree with the assessment that we have holes all over the defense. Scheme, development and playing favorites were issues under the previous regime. We may not have rabid 4/5 stars who are foamng at the mouth at every position, but there's some talent to work with with 4/5 stars sprinkled on like salt bae. There's a lot we don't yet know about Elijah Roberts, Chase Smith and other highly regarded talents who sat behind the Jon Fords and Amari Carters in clown world from 2019-2021.
So “playing favorites” is something every failed coach we’ve had has been accused of. Seems to me that playing favorites is how coaching works. Coaches coach and watch practice, then they play the guys they think will perform best…you might say their “favorites”. There’s nothing wrong with playing favorites. The real issue is fans not trusting a coach’s evaluations.

Advertisement
Every year people are enamored about the incoming freshman and forget about who's already on the roster. There are players with experience others waiting to get on the field that were blue chips recruits.

Are you just projecting? I don't see how you the Kelly or Moss have a chance to start. They will need to beat put the following players at their position to make the 2-deep rotation.

DT
Harrison-Hunt
Taylor
Miller
Roberts

DE
Williams
Harvey
Ishmael
Davis
The guys who haven’t played are always the best guys on the field. They haven’t had a chance to disappoint anyone yet.

The guys who haven’t played are always the best guys on the field. They haven’t had a chance to disappoint anyone yet.
We have a bunch of young players that haven't received any snaps. I think Ishmael is intriguing. Was a 4-star top 250 player that kind of flew under the recruiting radar because his dad is at UM.

There are others. We will see who rises to the top during the Spring practices and game.

We have a bunch of young players that haven't received any snaps. I think Ishmael is intriguing. Was a 4-star top 250 player that kind of flew under the recruiting radar because his dad is at UM.

There are others. We will see who rises to the top during the Spring practices and game.

No argument. But hope for the best, plan for the worst. If they haven't received (m)any snaps, you want options in case they don't pan out. Plus competition makes everyone better.

No argument. But hope for the best, plan for the worst. If they haven't received (m)any snaps, you want options in case they don't pan out. Plus competition makes everyone better.
I don't consider true freshman as options unless they emerge such as Taylor, Kitchens, J. Williams.

They shouldn't be in any discussion as starters before they even take a snap of practice let alone a game.

Advertisement
Not so hot take...

I never want to see a true freshman DL touch the field at Miami again unless we're looking at an undeniable, can't keep him off the field type of talent.

Game day isn't the time to develop. Practice is.

We wouldn't need to use a scholly on this kid if we had the type of talent a Miami team should have on the roster

More kids transferring to try and recreate that feeling of importance once final time before setting off in to 3rd string per abyss.

Final four for transfers is 🤡

Not so hot take...

I never want to see a true freshman DL touch the field at Miami again unless we're looking at an undeniable, can't keep him off the field type of talent.

Game day isn't the time to develop. Practice is.

We wouldn't need to use a scholly on this kid if we had the type of talent a Miami team should have on the roster
This should go double for OL unless they are Evan Neal type player.

When did Chantz become a pencilled in starter?

He hasn’t even flashed as being a good player, Harvey as at least shown some potential, but Chantz has been an overrated speed rusher since HS & hasn’t been good at all IMO.

Take this kid or any other DE that’s wants in, immediately.

This is why some of yall are gonna be in for a rude awakening once the season starts, I think a lot of our fans are really underestimating how poorly structured this roster is & how many holes we have on Defense.

Yes we have the greatest coaching staff ever, but even Bill Walsh & Bill Belichick couldn’t turn this roster into an ACC champion overnight. This will be a 2-3 year rebuild if we’re really being honest, we need Portal help at literally every level except for QB, RB & TE.
I'd take our safeties as well even knowing they are green and wet behind ears still.

Advertisement
Agree, I never understood the takes of 10 wins being the floor. A 9-3 year 1 for Mario Cristobal would be a great start to me. Really everything outside of Safety on defense is a question mark. Yes we got some DE recruit's coming but Moss and Kelly are going to need to time to develop.

Myke is byke!

Boys, take it as a friendly reminder to be wary of bold predictions.

1645768965498.png

Advertisement
So “playing favorites” is something every failed coach we’ve had has been accused of. Seems to me that playing favorites is how coaching works. Coaches coach and watch practice, then they play the guys they think will perform best…you might say their “favorites”. There’s nothing wrong with playing favorites. The real issue is fans not trusting a coach’s evaluations.
In the case of Diaz it felt more like playing the veterans for the sake of doing so. From Robert Knowles and Pat Bethel to McCloud and Jennings at LB, Carter at safety, DJ Ivey starting over Stevenson to begin 2021.

Advertisement
More kids transferring to try and recreate that feeling of importance once final time before setting off in to 3rd string per abyss.

Final four for transfers is 🤡
Some of these kids and their incessant need for attention…transfers that put out “top ***” are red flags IMO.

When did Chantz become a pencilled in starter?

He hasn’t even flashed as being a good player, Harvey as at least shown some potential, but Chantz has been an overrated speed rusher since HS & hasn’t been good at all IMO.

Take this kid or any other DE that’s wants in, immediately.

This is why some of yall are gonna be in for a rude awakening once the season starts, I think a lot of our fans are really underestimating how poorly structured this roster is & how many holes we have on Defense.

Yes we have the greatest coaching staff ever, but even Bill Walsh & Bill Belichick couldn’t turn this roster into an ACC champion overnight. This will be a 2-3 year rebuild if we’re really being honest, we need Portal help at literally every level except for QB, RB & TE.

We need to do what Mel Tucker did and take the best player we can using every available slot. Tucker showed what unheralded guys can do when we’ll coached.

Many of or guys will make big leaps . I am not pessimistic in that regard. However we do need bodies. A few injuries could but us in defcon status at too many positions.

I think the time it takes to compete for the conference will be more about how fast we pick up the systems and if the coaches install them well. Get this right and I think we win 10 plus. Every team we play has holes but aTm and Clemson.We will be fine, especially with our quarterback.

In the case of Diaz it felt more like playing the veterans for the sake of doing so. From Robert Knowles and Pat Bethel to McCloud and Jennings at LB, Carter at safety, DJ Ivey starting over Stevenson to begin 2021.
Ivey never started over Rique. You're thinking of the pointless "or" on the public depth charts.

Advertisement
Back