Missed on Low Hanging Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
IIRC 2015 was a thrashing as well, but I honestly thought that happened more recent than last years massacre.
Yeah, I definitely can't put that 2015 debacle lumped into last year, we also curb stomped them in 2018 so if anything they're 2-1 on us and we owe them a receipt come October.

Another local CB dissed us for West Virginia of all places. Not good at a position we addressed with TRob. There is something going on with the local opinion regarding the Cane program. I believe the Durant camp probably knew/felt he was a plan B DT option. Regardless for our program these were two kids that we had ample time with that elected to go to downtrodden programs over The U. Following Paradise Camp no less. Certainly not the way any of us expected July to begin and if we believe in the Theory of Momentum then the opposite could also have an effect. I'm not one to panic, but I'm not one to ignore facts. Bond was CB to us then committed to Florida. Now we miss on low hanging fruit. Many of our remaining "top", emphasis on "top", prospects are being highly contested for by other top programs and by no way guaranteed to The U. We need to reverse negative recruiting beginning with a big splash Lets GO CANES!
Bruh this post sounds just like the ones where people defended Golden til the end. Holy ******* PTSD

Advertisement
Yeah, I definitely can't put that 2015 debacle lumped into last year, we also curb stomped them in 2018 so if anything they're 2-1 on us and we owe them a receipt come October.
Like I said I actually though that was not that long ago, why i said here recently....still hurts, lol

But yeah in my book UNC this year is a must win

Advertisement
Passing on low hanging fruit to chase higher rated kids has never come back to bite Manny.

I'm very smart and follow recruiting very closely.

Better to run around with your hair on fire?

Many of the whiniest posters here must actually believe that a "verbal commitment" is a binding, legally enforceable contract.

If Miami had 20 recruits verbally committed right now, the chowderheads on this site would litter the board with a dozen threads claiming that:

1. Diaz is just generating fake momentum to win the "offseason championship" again
2. He filled the class with 2nd rate recruits because he can't beat out the bag schools for the big fish
3. it doesn't matter who is in the class, we are just being used as a placeholder and most will decommit before signing day once the SEC schools show interest

Passing on low hanging fruit to chase higher rated kids has never come back to bite Manny.

I'm very smart and follow recruiting very closely.

If you were as smart as you claim, you would realize it that if Diaz does miss on the highly rated recruits, it is better that he not waste scholarships on the low hanging fruit that isn't Miami caliber. If you believe that Diaz stinks as a recruiter and evaluator (which your post leads me to believe is the case) and he's destined for failure, then you should want Diaz's replacement to have as many scholarships available instead of inheriting a roster full of mediocre players that every other major program in the state of Florida passed on.

There was a time when verbal commitments meant something if they came from kids at certain schools. Those days are over in South Florida. A verbal commitment isn’t worth the paper it’s written on (pun intended) today as kids can have a change of heart and so can the school the kid is committed to.

If there is a kid you want and he is committed to another school, keep recruiting him. It doesn’t mean **** until there is signature on a NLOI.

Advertisement
I posted this awhile back but Cooney put out a tweet and that meant something lol. Just like cooney said 16 kids in the class was a possibility lol. I’ve learned to let people believe what they want , cis and narratives go hand in hand like Vin diesel and bad acting.
Is singletary a legitimate option? Seems like a very long shot to me.

Advertisement
I personally like Durant’s game, but honestly speaking…. If those VERY SAME kids would have announced for Miami, then some of us would be *****ing about taking the, “low hanging fruit, this early in the game”. There would be post saying, “we will never get back to competing with the top programs like Bama and Clemson, by saying yes to mostly plan B kids.” Manny is trying a different approach. Let’s see how it goes. Crootin can get crazy, man. There will be many twist and turns, ups and downs before NLOI day. I’ve been following this **** for years. Relax and try to enjoy the ride. And wait at least until the ink dries before raising **** about who we took Vs. who we let get away.
This….. #Endofthread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back