Missed on Low Hanging Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the beginning of the end for Manny Diaz. It’s inevitable, kids most of the time commit to the Head Coach at the end of the day. Manny has always been a terrible recruiter, Shaq Pinkney and McCloud we’re all Golden players. We’re in a win win situation. Manny wins 8 + games and he stays, he loses 6 games and we get a new coach.

Advertisement
This is the beginning of the end for Manny Diaz. It’s inevitable, kids most of the time commit to the Head Coach at the end of the day. Manny has always been a terrible recruiter, Shaq Pinkney and McCloud we’re all Golden players. We’re in a win win situation. Manny wins 8 + games and he stays, he loses 6 games and we get a new coach.

This is the beginning of the end for somebody doofus and it ain’t Manny.

Thats a pretty hot take in July before any games have been played.

Durant flat out said his recruitment is still open after committing to PSU yesterday. People on this board would be bashing Manny this morning if the kid committed to us and said Im still looking...

its quite possible and Im speculating that Durant wanted Miami but said he still wants to keep it open and our staff said no...

Last edited:
~half the board can't think further ahead than their next meal or bowel movement.

I thought rumination was a feminine thing but apparently the simple act of being a Canes fan produces estrogen in many men. Let's not criticize our fellow Cane brethren for their hormonal imbalances. They need our reassuring support!

So here you go: it's early July, all the big targets are still on the board, we have a stud QB committed. Lay off the soy milk and be patient.

Advertisement
Fantastic. Another ‘I’m not panicking yet but...’ thread. I liked the potential of Spells and Durant, but they were far from must haves.

Manny knows what’s at stake this season, and he knows what he has to do. So the pressure is all on him. He either nails the class and on the field, or he’s out.

Let’s hope he knows what he’s doing for his sake. We’ll have a very good idea of things next month.

Seems like we have become a plan B to a lot of these recruits , they tell the staff they are coming ( aka silent ) to hold their spot and keep looking around for a possible better fit Or a McDonalds bag.
Let’s hope this new strategy works but trying to reinvent the wheel usually doesn’t.
Who did that? Neither Spells or Durant fit that description

Advertisement
Spells was never coming here and they've been putting the full court press on a few other corners who I believe the staff prefers. Durant, I would have liked and I'd still take him but he's not the type of player who makes or breaks a class. He's a nice additional piece after you hit your main targets.

I can’t believe fans can’t read through the lines on Spells. Either he didn’t have the green light or he doesn’t want to compete with Rogers and the next one that we have committed (likely Graves…unless the old college roommate’s sister’s cousin was right about LSU).

And even though we wanted Durant, who’s to say that we didn’t tell him to pump the brakes too or tell him that we will not allow him to keep things open? I would bet that if we have a decent season and we are looking at needing to fill these spots with plan B, these guys will be around to kick the tires again.

We are aiming higher! That is the only thing that makes sense right now. It would be nice to have 12+ committed of all 4* and 5* kids but the super long dead period ended for a month and we are trying to cash in. I will bet that at the end of the month, we have 3-4 more fully committed kids (whatever that means these days) that want to be here. If we don’t pull that together, and if Graves, Fegans, Singletary, Cull, Tobin..,are not either committed or trending, then I will panic.

Otherwise, panicking and causing others to lose their minds by jumping on the bandwagon is just annoying and takes away from the good commentary from this site (with the exception of the WB version 18 thread, which was doomed the moment that people developed differing opinions). Carry on!

Advertisement
Advertisement
These kids are decent players and prospects, but not the kind of kids you become forlorn about when they go elsewhere. I’m going to let the chips fall where they may with the 2022 class and either celebrate a good/great class, or call for Manny’s head.

Who did that? Neither Spells or Durant fit that description
Neither one, just questioning the overall strategy.

Doubt circling back for Durant if needed will work, kids are sensitive.
There are plenty of Spells out there right now.

Durant flat out said his recruitment is still open after committing to PSU yesterday. People on this board would be bashing Manny this morning if the kid committed to us and said Im still looking...

its quite possible and Im speculating that Durant wanted Miami but said he still wants to keep it open and our staff said no...

I hope I’m wrong, however, that means the staff is confident in Lyons, Lucas and Shemar. We’ll see about that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back