Missed on Low Hanging Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t believe fans can’t read through the lines on Spells. Either he didn’t have the green light or he doesn’t want to compete with Rogers and the next one that we have committed (likely Graves…unless the old college roommate’s sister’s cousin was right about LSU).

And even though we wanted Durant, who’s to say that we didn’t tell him to pump the brakes too or tell him that we will not allow him to keep things open? I would bet that if we have a decent season and we are looking at needing to fill these spots with plan B, these guys will be around to kick the tires again.

We are aiming higher! That is the only thing that makes sense right now. It would be nice to have 12+ committed of all 4* and 5* kids but the super long dead period ended for a month and we are trying to cash in. I will bet that at the end of the month, we have 3-4 more fully committed kids (whatever that means these days) that want to be here. If we don’t pull that together, and if Graves, Fegans, Singletary, Cull, Tobin..,are not either committed or trending, then I will panic.

Otherwise, panicking and causing others to lose their minds by jumping on the bandwagon is just annoying and takes away from the good commentary from this site (with the exception of the WB version 18 thread, which was doomed the moment that people developed differing opinions). Carry on!

Spot on. In this digital age, headlines grab your attention, and by definition, they are almost always bad, so a lot of folks have been conditioned to act and react accordingly.

Advertisement
Spells was never coming here and they've been putting the full court press on a few other corners who I believe the staff prefers. Durant, I would have liked and I'd still take him but he's not the type of player who makes or breaks a class. He's a nice additional piece after you hit your main targets.
Agreed regarding Durant. Love his athleticism but he’s an oversized MLB. His sweet spot is probably playing ILB in a 3-4 or maybe Rush End. He’s not a perfect fit for our system.

Reality is we’d have to spend the next 3 years beefing this kid up to 290 to be able to contribute. He’d be a more athletic Pat Bethel and we need to do better than that in order to have playmakers on the DL.

Agreed regarding Durant. Love his athleticism but he’s an oversized MLB. His sweet spot is probably playing ILB in a 3-4 or maybe Rush End. He’s not a perfect fit for our system.

Reality is we’d have to spend the next 3 years beefing this kid up to 290 to be able to contribute. He’d be a more athletic Pat Bethel and we need to do better than that in order to have playmakers on the DL.
Bethel comp is spot on. The only spot Durant was going to play here is DT and he'd have to put on another 30+ pounds in order to do so. Once again, he is a take IMO, just not game changer.

Advertisement
Okay so if I’m reading this correctly we’re missing on targets cause Manny is ***, LCE is missing and covid is over?
Orrrrrr, we are not missing ny targets as the recruiting "experts" here have assured us they KNOW for a fact this will be a stacked class in December?

Who to believe???

This is the beginning of the end for Manny Diaz. It’s inevitable, kids most of the time commit to the Head Coach at the end of the day. Manny has always been a terrible recruiter, Shaq Pinkney and McCloud we’re all Golden players. We’re in a win win situation. Manny wins 8 + games and he stays, he loses 6 games and we get a new coach.
Bruh…. WTF?!
1625498718427.gif

Advertisement
Idk man. Covid is over, and LCE is missing so 2/3 is hitting so far. Man somebody go find manny’s google history
That would be awesome to see for real, what the Manny searches in the confines of his home in private.

This is what keeps trolls coming back here. They post some stupid sht claiming rumors that that the new staff is suspicious about Manny, then someone repeats it as fact.

Until you hear it from a verified source, it's best not to repeat.
That stuff happens???... No way!!!... 🤣🤣

This is what keeps trolls coming back here. They post some stupid sht claiming rumors that that the new staff is suspicious about Manny, then someone repeats it as fact.

Until you hear it from a verified source, it's best not to repeat.
I'm sure that happens, but is there any chance the "relaxxxx guysms, its July we will have a Top 10 class" fellers are also full of ish??? Or we just take their porsts as gospel because this is a Miami site???

Advertisement
I think he literally just made that up.
Request for new rule for Maudes to put in place please?

Cite your sources on claims or gtfo/stfu.

I get that message boards are essentially 96% opinion based for the most part. But wading thru most of these porsts, 19 pages of arguments and bull**** from someone's blatant misinformation or matter of factly spoken biases, is a mf chore lol.

I'm sure that happens, but is there any chance the "relaxxxx guysms, its July we will have a Top 10 class" fellers are also full of ish??? Or we just take their porsts as gospel because this is a Miami site???
Man, absolutely no one is saying that. At all. We’re just saying quit crying about two guys who would have been lazy grabs a few years ago.

Neither Spells nor Durant are guys you can plan on to be Day 1 contributors or playmakers to take us to that next level.

There are guys who if we miss on I will be very alarmed and disappointed about. Those two are not those guys so we don’t need thread #71 of the week about Is It Time To Panic Yet?

Advertisement
Diaz trying a different approach. Let’s see if it works. Simple as that. Let’s talk at the end of July.

Is there going to be a zoom call or some kind of chat at the end of July? If so, I'd like to start a petition that Paranos be allowed to invite some ladies

Man, absolutely no one is saying that. At all. We’re just saying quit crying about two guys who would have been lazy grabs a few years ago.

Neither Spells nor Durant are guys you can plan on to be Day 1 contributors or playmakers to take us to that next level.

There are guys who if we miss on I will be very alarmed and disappointed about. Those two are not those guys so we don’t need thread #71 of the week about Is It Time To Panic Yet?
I see, if you say so.... but every thread in here is "relaxxxx" boys guaranteeing a top class vs "panic boys" currently fretting over the last place class in the ACC.

Thems the facts....undeniable

History of UM recruiting:

Miami chases low probaility OOS targets while being less aggressive on good local options.

Local options get interest elsewhere.

OOS options commit elsewhere.

Break glass in case of emergency.

This year will be different because….

- Manny learned?
- T Rob, Simpson, Ish?
- Covid?

I wrote it felt different a few weeks ago. It did. Was thinking TRob et all were the difference.

We’ll see. Spells seems clear we didn’t pursue aggressively. Durant, whatever, not so fla and not obvious even if talented. Biss is local, and has been a huge priority and he doesn’t look too certain right now.

The chess board is shrinking. Fingers crossed but history suggests concern is appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back