Mike Ryan on Lebatard Show 11/29

Reminder:

He called me a soccer boy! RED CARD HIM, RED CARD HIM

Go World Cup GIF by FIFA

Advertisement
I was never high on Jurich & never thought he was getting hired here.

I just was hoping that it wouldn’t be a Miami only guy in that spot because it would all but eliminate the prospect of even going after Lane or anybody else for that matter. Making Zo AD or Head of Football, just means we’re all in for Mario & if by some off chance he doesn’t come we’ll settle for Ken Dorsey.

I didn’t think Diaz was sticking around for another year, but I also figured that was contingent upon them securing Mario.

My issue is with the narrow scope with which they operate & how they limit their choices by having such a small defined prerequisite of criteria for Coaches, AD’s etc...

There are several dozen good choices for AD & for HC, but Miami doesn’t think anyone outside of Miami exists.

Man, Cristobal better be able to walk on water if half of these rumours are true.

'Not announcing Diaz's firing because it might lead to an uncomfortable question in a press conference for Cristobal?'

****outthere.
Beggers can't be choosers.....they want him they're gonna have to do it on his terms given we don't exactly have a Plan B or even a plan for hiring an AD.

Advertisement

I just was hoping that it wouldn’t be a Miami only guy in that spot because it would all but eliminate the prospect of even going after Lane or anybody else for that matter. Making Zo AD or Head of Football, just means we’re all in for Mario & if by some off chance he doesn’t come we’ll settle for Ken Dorsey.

I didn’t think Diaz was sticking around for another year, but I also figured that was contingent upon them securing Mario.

My issue is with the narrow scope with which they operate & how they limit their choices by having such a small defined prerequisite of criteria for Coaches, AD’s etc...

There are several dozen good choices for AD & for HC, but Miami doesn’t think anyone outside of Miami exists.
Yeah if this Zo or Toretta thing comes into fruition, Miami's going to set themselves back another 25 years. I understand a fanbase going for the nostalgic "old school Miami" thing, because (sorry y'all) the majority of fans are stupid lmao. But the admin is like that too? Big yikes.

The Miami of old is dead and gone. Getting these old heads to do the "Miami way" is going to be complete and utter failure. College football has changed dramatically since 2010, let alone 2001.

I'm going to enjoy laughing at this program though if all this crap actually happens.

Reminder:

We need a carve out exemption when attacking shills.

I tend to agree with this. My view is that Miami and Mario have been talking for some time. Otherwise, Mario could quash these rumors at any point. He also doesn’t need any outside leverage for his Oregon contract (via UM chatter) because he just got extended.

All in all, I would expect stuff to heat up next week once the conference championship is over. Mario has a great relationship with Phil Knight and Oregon. He’s going to leave on the best terms possible.
It’s almost a certainty he met with UM while visiting family this weekend.

Advertisement
It’s almost a certainty he met with UM while visiting family this weekend.
Lincoln Riley and USC didn’t just start talking this week. There were likely weeks of negotiations and interviews. If Mario is a real candidate for us we’ve likely been in talks with his people for awhile.

Exactly. The sky-is-falling fan base in the cause for chaos right now; because they want things done on their timeline.

Would've liked Jurich, but not a shock he's out due to his baggage. UM isn't very ballsy when it comes to bringing in hires that have any negative history.

Mario is headed to the Pac-12 title game and won't be an option until Sunday December 5th—so what does it matter if Diaz is fired yesterday or next week?

The only issue is if Manny ISN'T fired—but this belief that one extra week is going to make all the difference in the world is laughable.

Cristobal wouldn't take this job until the Pac-12 title game is in the rearview—so long as Miami is working on things behind the scenes, fans are helping nothing by losing their mind every hour on the hour that "something" isn't happening.
What baggage?

Advertisement
Advertisement

Spot on. This "we can't hire anyone but Mario" narrative we're hearing is the single dumbest thing I've ever heard. There's tons of examples of head coaches who've never coached at the place they get hired and they do just fine.

Advertisement
Back