Mike Ryan on Lebatard Show 11/29

Advertisement
Exactly. The sky-is-falling fan base in the cause for chaos right now; because they want things done on their timeline.

Would've liked Jurich, but not a shock he's out due to his baggage. UM isn't very ballsy when it comes to bringing in hires that have any negative history.

Mario is headed to the Pac-12 title game and won't be an option until Sunday December 5th—so what does it matter if Diaz is fired yesterday or next week?

The only issue is if Manny ISN'T fired—but this belief that one extra week is going to make all the difference in the world is laughable.

Cristobal wouldn't take this job until the Pac-12 title game is in the rearview—so long as Miami is working on things behind the scenes, fans are helping nothing by losing their mind every hour on the hour that "something" isn't happening.

Best post on the current state of things I've seen.

Well done.

As for Jurich, I doubt he even wanted to get back to work. I said that when his name came up. Could he do the job, sure, but why bother as he's financially set unless he made bone headed moves with his money. It's family and fun time at that age.

This Mario distraction thing I get but I also don't get. It's already a distraction to a point, but why make it worse?

Let's be real, people with the money already know what his answer is. Some here see it as being dragged out, I call bs on that. It's the professional thing to do in letting him finish out his season minus the bowl game.

As for distractions, he's already distracted with his mother's health issues. That would be front and center on anyone's mind.

There's always the possibility he hasn't decided, said wait until this time, or even flat out said no. What's after that, who knows, but public silence is professional on both our ends and he as an alum, coach, and former player deserves that at this time.

Advertisement
No. Just stop. The Rose Bowl is a big ******* deal to Pac12 teams. Yes it’s not CFP. But to compare the Rose Bowl to whatever****ing bowl a Louisiana directional school might get for the championship is just…bad.
You are living in the past, my friend. We shall see in a few weeks how many kids opt out of the Rose Bowl and treat it like the Camellia Bowl.

Alonzo was a lot more qualified then Swann

To be director of football operations? Absolutely. To be the athletic director at a "major" P5? He's slightly more qualified because he's a "sports executive" compared to "business executive." Being slightly more qualified than someone who should not have been an AD at all does not make it a good move. All you need to know is USC replaced Swann with someone who had 35 years of AD experience. Highsmith as Assistant AD is a fine position, paired with an experienced AD.

If the BOT didn't have **** for brains, the correct move would be to hire Jurich with a bunch of clauses in the contract. UM takes him at his word that he knew nothing about the Louisville scandal. If he gets named in a NCAA investigation or becomes a subject of an FBI investigation, he can terminated for cause with no buyout(and Highsmith takes over). He does not have a show cause so the ncaa can't punish UM for hiring him if he gets in trouble for the Louisville stuff (which he won't). You get all the upside with zero downside. Highsmith ends up as AD, just like he would have anyways. And so what if something comes out about Louisville. Frenk can just say we took a chance based on Jurichs word but regrettably he has to let Jurich go. Would that be embarrassing? Maybe, but nowhere near as embarrassing as Miami sports for the last 15 years.

Over It Abandon Thread GIF
😁

Advertisement
Exactly. The sky-is-falling fan base in the cause for chaos right now; because they want things done on their timeline.

Would've liked Jurich, but not a shock he's out due to his baggage. UM isn't very ballsy when it comes to bringing in hires that have any negative history.

Mario is headed to the Pac-12 title game and won't be an option until Sunday December 5th—so what does it matter if Diaz is fired yesterday or next week?

The only issue is if Manny ISN'T fired—but this belief that one extra week is going to make all the difference in the world is laughable.

Cristobal wouldn't take this job until the Pac-12 title game is in the rearview—so long as Miami is working on things behind the scenes, fans are helping nothing by losing their mind every hour on the hour that "something" isn't happening.
I agree but...don't you sometimes get the feeling that everybody else just decides what's best for their program then does that? And we just sort of sit around talking about how the time isn't right. We spend lots of time explaining why what looks like a sh*t-show isn't really that bad and how even though it doesn't look like it, there's a plan. Don't you ever think maybe people with a plan would sometimes look like they've got a plan instead of always, always looking like they're chasing their tail?

You are living in the past, my friend. We shall see in a few weeks how many kids opt out of the Rose Bowl and treat it like the Camellia Bowl.
So because some kids may opt out that negates the overall importance to the program and MC should have no qualms about bolting prior to a P5 championship game because Napier jumped from a middle tier conference to take a prestigious P5 head coach position? Ok. We’ll just agree to disagree.

Best post on the current state of things I've seen.

Well done.

As for Jurich, I doubt he even wanted to get back to work. I said that when his name came up. Could he do the job, sure, but why bother as he's financially set unless he made bone headed moves with his money. It's family and fun time at that age.
why? because people who are wrongfully accused and fired generally want a shot at redemption and revenge (yes, they paid him $4.5MM and that's a lot of redemption and revenge) and there is no better redemption and revenge that success at a competing institution.

Advertisement
So because some kids may opt out that negates the overall importance to the program and MC should have no qualms about bolting prior to a P5 championship game because Napier jumped from a middle tier conference to take a prestigious P5 head coach position? Ok. We’ll just agree to disagree.
You're putting words in my mouth. Go back and read the entire exchange between me and the poster, and then ask yourself who was actually making statements about what Cristobal will or won't do.

Advertisement
why? because people who are wrongfully accused and fired generally want a shot at redemption and revenge (yes, they paid him $4.5MM and that's a lot of redemption and revenge) and there is no better redemption and revenge that success at a competing institution.

He's 65, revenge and redemption, really? What kind of mature man gives a **** about that? His legacy is a great one, something to be proud of. I don't think he needs redemption and that's the general sentiment I'd think. His name has been publicly cleared.

Now if he wanted to get back in the game because he loved it and missed it, cool.

Again, 65, out of it for roughly four years. Enjoy life Tom, you deserve it.

This Mario distraction thing I get but I also don't get. It's already a distraction to a point, but why make it worse?

Let's be real, people with the money already know what his answer is. Some here see it as being dragged out, I call bs on that. It's the professional thing to do in letting him finish out his season minus the bowl game.

As for distractions, he's already distracted with his mother's health issues. That would be front and center on anyone's mind.

There's always the possibility he hasn't decided, said wait until this time, or even flat out said no. What's after that, who knows, but public silence is professional on both our ends and he as an alum, coach, and former player deserves that at this time.
I will be shocked if he's not named head coach by the beginning of next week.

Advertisement
Back