Mike Ryan/AD Update - 12/2

Yet you had half the board ready to lay on a sword for this guy and white knighting for the BOT if he ended up as the choice.
I did? Show me where I did that.

All I have said on Nunez was too look at what he did at LSU, what his responsibilities where there during his tenure. Based on the smoke that was out there, he's was looked at more as a basketball and baseball guy coming in with Zo with Mario as coach.

Advertisement
I know things change… but didn’t Mike Ryan say that the search would be done Monday or Tuesday of this week? I’m just sitting here and waiting. Taking every report that comes out, as bull****

Advertisement
Thanks for summarizing. Not sure what is taking so long with the AD hiring though, Blake James was fired on 11/16. We are approaching 3 weeks without an AD.

Anyway, I'm fine being patient if we get a big boy AD and Mario. I think if we get into next week with no AD and Manny still as our coach, I'll be concerned.
I’ve seen other schools take time with AD but not when they are trying to decide wether to Fire and Hire a new football coach all before signing day. I’m fine with waiting if it brings Mario cause this 22 class is a wash, but will Mario want to Sign his class at Oregon then leave in a couple weeks? The fact that the school hasn’t out right said manny is coming back should be good news.

Unless they are promoted from within or being groomed ahead of time, most P5 athletic director openings are not filled quickly. Forget weeks, many of them take months. Its not the same as a football head coach.

Nice to hear another voice of sanity, in a sea of "why does it take 16 days to hire an AD" nitwits.

I want it done quickly too, but I also know that if we need to take more time to do things the right way (or as they have been requested), then it's gonna take a bit more time that I would prefer.

Advertisement
I still don't believe Mario or any other coach comes here without knowing who the AD is. Use logic, would any of you leave your successful, high paying job where you are respected to come to a rebuilding program run by inept BOT members for the past 15 years AND you don't know who your direct boss would be?

Mike Ryan/Lebatard and David Samson discussed the following today:

- AD search likely to take another week (sigh)
- Feldman will probably be the person that will break Mario news
- Mike cares about accuracy with his info and wants to elevate the program.
- Firm is not leaking any names. Leaks are on Miami end. The firm has a lot of power due to Frenk relying on them heavily.
- Samson believes that Miami didn't need a search firm for this position but helps with the competing factions at play (Epstein crew vs Mas group)
- Frenk will make final call. Leaning heavily on Rudy Fernandez (#1) and Echevarria (#2).
- Epstein is toothless but is doing his best to make Miami look like a circus with his leaks and Epstein is pro Status quo.
- Rudy was team Nunez (Columbus crew preference) but search firm didn't give a favorable recommendation. He wasn't up to their standards.
-Eddie Nunez broke up with Miami before they could break up with him.
- Eddie Nunez overplayed his hand.
- Lemonis is anti Manny and anti search firm and anti Status Quo. Wants Mario here.
- Mario knows what can be done here especially if he has all of the support in place that he wants.
- Samson is ok with giving the power to Mario. It's the way college sports is headed. Whoever the AD is should just worry about the other sports and let Mario have the power on football.
So the AD who didn’t turn us down extended the AD search another week. LMAO. The spin on this whole thing is bad. It’s a disaster and don’t pretend it’s not. Whoever inside is sabotaging this needs to be removed from the BOT.

Advertisement
too many dudes keep creating nonsense out there. yeah mike Ryan you care so much that you're putting it on your podcast radio show to gain even more listeners and creating content for the show. yea Sure that's keeping it on the DL. id rather just find out the way we found out about USC or LSU than deal w this crap
He's a golden cane that is fed up and has the power of his platform. He wants the U to be back. Yes, a fanboy, but aren't we all here? Don't we all want the U to be respectable? We b*tch and complain as Hurricane fans that people are always out there negatively dumping on us when possible.

If he's become something or someone of public check and balance advocate for the program, the more the better.

Not coming at you, BTW on your opinion. Just offering a different perspective.

Last edited:
I guess that's true. I'm just seeing this nightmare drag on. Now, if we get Mario or Lane this Monday, then I can wait a month for a new AD, because in that scenario, the most important change will have been made.
Whose nightmare exactly? Yours. The process appears to be working. Me personally can give a rat's *** about all the inside baseball within the administration. Change is hard and it is messy.

kramer-i-am-fine.gif

Advertisement
I’m actually shocked how well the coaching situation ( Mario) has been handled. Nobody but people on Miami's side thought this was even possible. Ad , that’s another story.

Yes, and it helps that Miami has assisted by granting two (alleged) requests, which are "No Beta Blake", and "Radio Silence until December 4th".

Whose nightmare exactly? Yours. The process appears to be working. Me personally can give a rat's *** about all the inside baseball within the administration. Change is hard and it is messy.

kramer-i-am-fine.gif
How does the process “appear” to be working? That just seems to be the optimistic view. Given how this program and university have run for the past 20 years, it makes way more sense to be pessimistic.

Advertisement
Back