Mike James HL tape

#26-MEAST

Junior
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlWBB2yBzhw

Stumbled on to this today and thought I'd share. Mike shows he is a great all around back. Hopefully this year he can minimize turnovers and improve in his short area burst. If he stays healthy I think he can nab 1000 yards this season. Because of his blocking and pass pro abilities I see him being our offenses most valuable player (next to Morris). Here's to a thread that can carry us another few weeks as were 99 days or so away from the 1st game.

Advertisement
He's a really good pass catcher, especially on that angle route.

MJ is a hard worker,good kid and a really explosive and tough runner.I agree that his fumbling needs to be addressed and I am confident it will be.Coach Richardson is one of the best rb coaches in the country,he will get the most out of MJ,Duke & OT.

I hope he can run hard for 15 carries a game. He can definitely be a between the tackles guy and set things up for the other two backs behind him.

Advertisement
Solid back. Other than lacking the top end speed, can do it all, even behind the crap lines he's had to deal with.

Not having top end speed is all he is missing. He should be a very productive back for us this season. Not a great one but a Quad Hill type of back.

Advertisement
He is the epitome of an NFL 3rd down back. Great pass-blocking, good route running, great hands and can give you short yardage burst especially on delayed hand offs.

He will never be a feature back, but put him with an elite RB and Mike will shine in a complimentary role in the NFL.

I actually think his top-end speed is better than his bottom-end speed (if that's a word).

He needs to be faster through the hole. Once's he's in the open field he isn't easy to catch.

Agree with MOS. The only thing Mike James lacks is that extra 1/2 step of speed.

Got a feeling he'll be a real solid power back this year.

Advertisement
I watched those carefully, and agree with jevoasis.

The lines have never done James any favors - or at most - one or two times. Half the time in those runs shown, he was trying to bounce off opposing linemen that were holding their positions.

Mike James - to a meat and potatoes kind of guy - is the potatoes. Makes the meat all that much better, fills out the meal, and make the meal more complete.

He certainly has my respect.

No Chase Ford means he shouldn't have to deal with guys grabbing at his ankles a couple yards in the backfield. Should help him hit that hole full speed.

Advertisement
I see a back that is completely necessary for this years team. Very hard worker, great pass/run pro, and strong and big enough to grind the rock in games. Duke or OT are going to be great threats in a shotgun 2-back offense teamed with MJ.

MJ is a hard worker,good kid and a really explosive and tough runner.I agree that his fumbling needs to be addressed and I am confident it will be.Coach Richardson is one of the best rb coaches in the country,he will get the most out of MJ,Duke & OT.

I like MJ a lot but he is not explosive in any sense of the word. He is a monster in the weight room and he definitely has the size to he a punishing runner.

Got to hold on to the ball to be the guy though. Hopefully this is the year he shines.

I see a back that is completely necessary for this years team. Very hard worker, great pass/run pro, and strong and big enough to grind the rock in games. Duke or OT are going to be great threats in a shotgun 2-back offense teamed with MJ.

exactly, we obviously don't have any superstars so we don't need one back to do everything. we just need three backs who can do different things. mike james isn't pretty, isn't explosive and isn't exciting but he can run between the tackles all right, he can catch and block. he's also a very hard worker. i'll take it.

he's a good kid

but all that video does is show how average he is

Great kid. Hardworker. A player you would want on any team, BUT mirvin's pretty spot-on in my eyes so far. Hope he proves me wrong this upcoming season, but nothing I have seen so far makes me think he can reach beyond a Javarris James-type ceiling...

Advertisement
Back