Mike James HL tape

I actually think his top-end speed is better than his bottom-end speed (if that's a word).

He needs to be faster through the hole. Once's he's in the open field he isn't easy to catch.

lol... dude longest run in his UM career is probably 20 yds if that.. come on now D$$

cant wait until that kid from venice gets in... thats the type of back Golden wants...

Long run of 32 yards twice in his career according to HurricaneSports.com. Not as if that's super great or anything but there ya go

http://hurricanesports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/james_mike00.html

Advertisement
James is a patient runner... I liked him better in 2010... He came on late but he became patient running the ball and did alright... He's going to have to play a lot faster and hit the hole faster... Hopefully our O-line will improve from the spring but if they continue to struggle he's going to have to think quicker and move faster and make something out of nothing... If he can give us 4.5-5 yards a carry for 3 downs, I'll be happy... Especially with a young team and a qb returning from injury...

turf toe was cited by a coach last year talking about Mike James and why he left a game early last year. I've never heard of a guy recover from turf toe while playing thru it. might be a big part of the reason why his per carry average down compared to his average from the year before - along with so many short yardage carries.

if Jarret Payton can almost get 1K his SR year I think Mike James can too if we ride him. If we are going to win a lot of games this year we'll need to run a lot to set up the play action game.

Staybon,

If James did have turf toe that would explain why he ran rather gingerly last year. Turf toe is very painful and hard to really get going forward (push off).

I agree that James is probably more talented than Payton ever was. However think about the caliber of players when Payton was playing to James and the conference we played in compared to now (ACC >>>>> Big Least).

Can it happen? Yes. Will it? Probably not.

Yeah, if i had to put money on it I'd pass or put it on him being short of 1K. But if he can get his average back up to where it was before last year than I'd take that. Had over 5 a carry in 2010.

Advertisement
Back