Mike James HL tape

There is a reason the coaches used Clements to get the tough yards down the stretch last season.

Advertisement
No way he's going get 1000 yards this season for us.. collectively we can make up for what Lamar done imo but its going take everyone.

Funny I was thinking the same thing. It's his first step or first few steps where he needs to get faster or perhaps quicker. Hoping Mike has a great season. He's one of my favorite players.

I actually think his top-end speed is better than his bottom-end speed (if that's a word).

He needs to be faster through the hole. Once's he's in the open field he isn't easy to catch.

I actually think his top-end speed is better than his bottom-end speed (if that's a word).

He needs to be faster through the hole. Once's he's in the open field he isn't easy to catch.

lol... dude longest run in his UM career is probably 20 yds if that.. come on now D$$

cant wait until that kid from venice gets in... thats the type of back Golden wants...

No way he's going get 1000 yards this season for us.. collectively we can make up for what Lamar done imo but its going take everyone.

Well judging by James' highlight tape if we play Duke every game next season he is guaranteed to get that 1,000 yard season.

Smash? More like crash hope he improves by a lot this season or else he won't be making much Cash.

Jack of all trades a master of none, but I wish him luck and good health. Lord knows we are going to need every available body this year.

Advertisement
Mike James is solid. He has too much pride, too much work ethic, and too much desire to do less than pull his full load and do so well.

Just going by memory, I saw James having about a 6"-13" opening most times his number was called. The line NEVER did him any favors. Maybe never is a strong word, but maybe extremely rarely would be more accurate.

Seemed like every single time James ran the ball, it was a painfully obvious run play and the defense was able to tighten up.

Not that our offensive linemen could consistently knock defenders out of their positions . . .

GReat kid, great work ethic, hope he puts it together and has a big year and goes on to be a successful player in the league.

Advertisement
turf toe was cited by a coach last year talking about Mike James and why he left a game early last year. I've never heard of a guy recover from turf toe while playing thru it. might be a big part of the reason why his per carry average down compared to his average from the year before - along with so many short yardage carries.

if Jarret Payton can almost get 1K his SR year I think Mike James can too if we ride him. If we are going to win a lot of games this year we'll need to run a lot to set up the play action game.

turf toe was cited by a coach last year talking about Mike James and why he left a game early last year. I've never heard of a guy recover from turf toe while playing thru it. might be a big part of the reason why his per carry average down compared to his average from the year before - along with so many short yardage carries.

if Jarret Payton can almost get 1K his SR year I think Mike James can too if we ride him. If we are going to win a lot of games this year we'll need to run a lot to set up the play action game.

Staybon,

If James did have turf toe that would explain why he ran rather gingerly last year. Turf toe is very painful and hard to really get going forward (push off).

I agree that James is probably more talented than Payton ever was. However think about the caliber of players when Payton was playing to James and the conference we played in compared to now (ACC >>>>> Big Least).

Can it happen? Yes. Will it? Probably not.

I watched those carefully, and agree with jevoasis.

The lines have never done James any favors - or at most - one or two times. Half the time in those runs shown, he was trying to bounce off opposing linemen that were holding their positions.

Mike James - to a meat and potatoes kind of guy - is the potatoes. Makes the meat all that much better, fills out the meal, and make the meal more complete.

He certainly has my respect.

I like this one

Mike James will be shutting up a lot of internet detractors this year. He and Clements will combine for at least 2000 total yards - their combined statistical contribution will match or exceed Lamar Miller's... and a year from now, if their Duke Johnson boner doesn't choke them, will be concerned about James' departure.

Advertisement
Mike James will be shutting up a lot of internet detractors this year. He and Clements will combine for at least 2000 total yards - their combined statistical contribution will match or exceed Lamar Miller's... and a year from now, if their Duke Johnson boner doesn't choke them, will be concerned about James' departure.

Wow! Are you serious with that comment? I really hope that is the case but I don't see it.

Wow! Are you serious with that comment? I really hope that is the case but I don't see it.

I'll preface my comment with this: I don't think Miami wins more than 7 games this year (5-7 is my official, on the record prediction).

Yes, I'm serious. You'll see.

I'll preface my comment with this: I don't think Miami wins more than 7 games this year (5-7 is my official, on the record prediction).

Yes, I'm serious. You'll see.

If those guys run for over 2,000 yds we win 10 games. To have that kind of production from 2 backs means the OL is putting people on their asses and the offense is controlling the game.

Also a run game that is that effective will make Morris's life that much easier and open up some serious pa passing down field.

I am more convinced than ever that you are just talking out your ***.

Advertisement

Laff Laff Laff

I hope your right but 2000 yds is alot. I'm hoping Mike James can at least gets 800 yds and Clements 500 yds. Anything over that I'll be happy

To be fair, he said "combined statistical contribution." Which means receiving yards as well. Though I don't necessarily think they'll reach that, maybe around 1700 or so, it's not crazy to think it could happen.

I have to assume you're including the yardage from the bus to the stadium.

OTOH, I hope you are right.

Advertisement
Back