Mike Jackson of Palmetto is this years TuTu Atwell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
You n I have been pounding the table on this topic in unison for years now, it seems.

Miami MUST do a much better job evaluating the talent they have available locally. D$'s recent post on the number of All-Americans(!!!!) that Miami did not legitimately offer was jarring. If you look around college football, and especially focus on defensive backs...the number of corners that started very very early at Power 5 and top flight Group 5 schools that will go on to play in the NFL that Miami didn't offer or took away offers, etc. is insane, IMO. Not understanding that you are annually sitting on gold and you just need to go out there with a shovel and pan and do the work to find it is gross negligence and it happens every year. Its even worse when some of these players are so obvious, we jamokes on this forum can adequately identify them.

Brah..

South Florida has kids like this..one of the stickiest corners ive seen this year. Im willing to bet we didnt know he even existed at Miramar.

https://247sports.com/player/shemar-jean-charles-78587/

You can trip over high levelc orners down here..but for some reason we cant recruit or even evaluate. This what happens when you hire amateurs

Brah..

South Florida has kids like this..one of the stickiest corners ive seen this year. Im willing to bet we didnt know he even existed at Miramar.

https://247sports.com/player/shemar-jean-charles-78587/

You can trip over high levelc orners down here..but for some reason we cant recruit or even evaluate. This what happens when you hire amateurs

FAU almost always has one corner on their team that could have played here. They sent three or four to the league the last decade, and they are just getting S Fla crumbs recruiting wise.

FAU almost always has one corner on their team that could have played here. They sent three or four to the league the last decade, and they are just getting S Fla crumbs recruiting wise.
I went to FAU.

Seen a db get a pick for the bucs the other day...coincidentally he also was from Miramar High. Herbert Miller. FAU like you said are actually putting dbs into the league foreal

Hes barely better than Harley lmao

Fuck Outta Here No Way GIF by Desus & Mero

No more talkin' football for you.

Advertisement
I went to FAU.

Seen a db get a pick for the bucs the other day...coincidentally he also was from Miramar High. Herbert Miller. FAU like you said are actually putting dbs into the league foreal
You got rookie James Pierre from Deerfield getting action with the Pittsburgh Steelers right now too.

Miami actually recruited him though, but Paul Williams fvcked it up.

You got rookie James Pierre from Deerfield getting action with the Pittsburgh Steelers right now too.

What happened with that one? Didn’t he end up at UNC first?

Advertisement
Watching the Bill's offense almost erks me as a Hurricanes fan.
Their starting Guard is a Cane that we almost didn't offer.
Their first 2 Running Backs on the depth chart are from South Florida (Devin Singletary and Zack Moss) as is their slot WR Isaiah McKenzie, who had 3 touchdowns today - two receiving, one punt return.
The kid's freakin' nickname was "Joystick" in high school and we didn't recruit him because he was too small.

I fvckin' hate seeing this ****.

Here's a thread from 2015. Anybody can see these guys are legit but we don't prioritize them.

Their first 2 Running Backs on the depth chart are from South Florida (Devin Singletary and Zack Moss) as is their slot WR Isaiah McKenzie, who had 3 touchdowns today - two receiving, one punt return.
The kid's freakin' nickname was "Joystick" in high school and we didn't recruit him because he was too small.

Don't forget John Brown the other Bills WR who went to Homestead HS.

Advertisement
Threads like these are always fun when a board pet leaves an actually blossoms....

the ones that dont... well we never see those names brought up with the same vigor

Threads like these are always fun when a board pet leaves an actually blossoms....

the ones that dont... well we never see those names brought up with the same vigor
The only names we bring up with vigor are the ones that people vouched for on here.

And actually, this board loves to bring-up failures of guys that "spurned" us and signed with other programs. If Patrick Surtain gets beat for ONE pass there's a whole conversation about it on here.

We always talk about kids that didn't end-up here for one reason or another. We're talking about the ones that should've been recruited by Miami but weren't.

Advertisement

There will always be bad decisions. I remember everyone under the sun wanted Ivan Sticks McCarthy and he flamed out. It happens.

The issue is the hit-to-miss ratio, especially with impact players. Miami coaches have been way below acceptable levels on that metric since Butch left. And the high school and 7x7 coaches plus a few other guys that really follow local HS sports on this board definitely have a higher hit ratio than the current and recent past regimes at the U, especially at CB. But also at LB, RB, WR, DT, OL, DE every **** position.

This is crowd-sourcing at its finest. From my experience, when a board consensus emerges that a player should be offered, pay attention.

I get what most are saying about missing on these guys that are playing in the league right now.....but seriously do you think if they came here they would have developed into what they are now? **** to the ******* no...cause coaches havent been able to develop the guys that do come here. Some make it to NFL but most are backups/ST guys

I get what most are saying about missing on these guys that are playing in the league right now.....but seriously do you think if they came here they would have developed into what they are now? **** to the ******* no...cause coaches havent been able to develop the guys that do come here. Some make it to NFL but most are backups/ST guys

I think better talent equates to more wins equates to more commitment and higher level of competitiveness from the players. Coaches matter for sure. But it's more complicated that to just say, Atwell or Lamar Jackson etc would have been demoralized and poorly coached at Miami, and therefore never developed.

Last edited:

I personally took him to Al Golden and staff and they ignored him (Mckenzie). I took him up to fsu and Jimbo told him he was top priority on their board. Watching his recruitment was embarrassing as a cane fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back