Mike Harley

@BigBoi

I was buying Berrios stock when it was worth pennies.

He was ridiculed and labeled a bust up til his senior year.

Now he is a Hurricanes legend. All it takes is using your guys properly. Berrios is a prime example of why we should stop giving up on our guys when they aren’t all Americans as true sophomores rushed onto the field because our corches can’t manage the roster.

Berrios was misused and looked like trash. Richt figures it out a LITTLE BIT and now he is one of the most loved players to come through here.
I'm not sure why you @ me because I don't recall commenting on this thread. Maybe I did, I'm not going back to check if so. What I will say is that I don't think Hartley is the same caliber of WR as Berrios at any point of his Hurricane career. But I do believe it's possible for him to have a very good senior season similar to Berrios. We'll see how it all plays out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Dude runs awkward as **** and is limited physically (tiny size and lacks top end speed for being small). That said, dude is hardcore Cane, works hard, and seems to actually give a **** so hope he balls out this year.

WR room is general is big concern though. Lot of hype, no consistency or proven ballers

Well hes actually got bigger and stronger and he also is one of our best blocking wrs soo....

Man people have short memories around here. I remember Harley dropping alot of balls. Blocking poorly. And not fighting for the ball enough when its thrown his way. He comes with enthusiasm and obviously takes the game seriously. It clearly bothers him when he makes a mistake but those mistakes are often on the field. He has to up his game big time to become the player you guys are envisioning. Props to Mike if he can step his game up.
Good insight. Harley is serviceable, and that’s all. For goodness sake, let’s not make him into a 1st round draft choice.

Need an infusion of talent in the WR room.

hopefully Jaden Alexis, Romello Brinson, Jacolby George, and Brashard Smith take notice.

Early PT is waiting young bucks!

Advertisement
Mike is the next Brax. Dude is a baller, leader, blocker, gets open, has wheels, doesn't drop the ball.
Say what? He dropped a ton of balls last season... hopefully he steps it up this year. We need Pope and Redding to be studs as well

Harley is our best blocker and our top returning receiver in terms of production.

He will play a lot and, if four days of spring is any indication, should be one of King’s favorite targets.
Every player has an opportunity to grow and improve. People can call him serviceable but he has all the opportunity to be incredible. New receiver coach and new oc os in his favor.

Advertisement
Say what? He dropped a ton of balls last season... hopefully he steps it up this year. We need Pope and Redding to be studs as well

We can't afford any misses at WR right now.

Jeff Thomas -- Left early
Mike Harley -- Senior leader, needs to absolutely ball out this year
Evidence Njoku -- Left the program

Mark Pope -- The time is now
Brian Hightower -- Left the program
Marquez Ezzard -- Left the program
Dee Wiggins -- The time is now

Jeremiah Payton -- Rave reviews so far, but needs to be a monster since he was the only one we took in this class

Michael Redding
Daz Worsham
Xavier Restrepo
Keyshawn Smith

Let's be real....WR yield has been pretty bad. Your 4 classes that should make up your depth chart, only 1 of 3 from 2017 are left, 2 of 4 from 2018, and we only took 1 in 2019. ALL of these kids need to step up. We don't have the numbers, aka luxury, to have these kids come along slowly or bust. Jeremiah Payton, by all accounts, is going to be a REALLY good player. But he has 1 career catch, and he's gotta be your #4 WR, at worst. Harley is not the most physically gifted kid. Pope has underwhelmed to this point. Wiggins is OK, but certainly is not a game breaking player.

Now, I don't know how much you can draw from last season with that abysmal offense. It's a clean slate for all of these kids. But there's just not a lot of numbers here. Payton absolutely MUST be as advertised, Pope absolutely MUST play at least close to his ranking, Harley and Dee absolutely MUST be improved. And Redding, Restrepo, Smith better be ready....Worsham really needs a redshirt year to get bigger and healthy.

But we just don't have the luxury to **** around here. These kids have to be ready to go, and they need to stay healthy. We're dangerously thin at this spot.

Advertisement
I really, really like Redding. On a roster full of shrimps at WR he needs to ball. It's amazing we don't have more talent since we are in a 30 mile radius of the best HS WRs around us.
Paytons speed is my #1 concern, he was running 4.7 at HS camps. By all accounts he runs great routes and catches the ball so maybe that can make up for it but I do not see a superstar.
Pope has superstar physical qualities but can't make it click, maybe Lash gets the talent to show out? Dee W is another physical monster just needs to put it together.

He dropped a **** ton of passes, he claimed "he doesn't drop balls" which was entirely false. If you don't like facts STFU champ.
You see ***** boy i gave you a chance to be a big boy but you couldn't handle it. Go back to talking to the wall. 😘😘

Harley has to know this year could be huge for the receivers and hopefully will be doing everything in his power to make the most of it.

Advertisement
Back