Mike Harley

Advertisement
He's my pick for breakout WR this year. Started playing well last year when we could actually complete a pass. I haven't seen anything from Pope YET that makes me think he's the real deal at this level.

Would really like to see another grad transfer at WR.

If we didn't have KJ last year we might have won three games.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dude runs awkward as **** and is limited physically (tiny size and lacks top end speed for being small). That said, dude is hardcore Cane, works hard, and seems to actually give a **** so hope he balls out this year.

WR room is general is big concern though. Lot of hype, no consistency or proven ballers

Biggest issue with WR in 2019 was weakness at QB and horrible offensive scheme and play calling. Yes OL was an issue .. but a good OC and quality QB would have minimized the impact. Really believe the trio of OC, OL coach, and WR coach .. all with experience in an up tempo spread offense will pay tremendous dividends. Add to that King, who comes from the same offense, and UM should be able to have 11 guys on the field .. all on the same page .. by Sept 5th. Really curious to see how the back up QB drama unfolds. WR's and RB's should be getting some YAC in this offense .. and 3rd down conversion % should improve dramatically.

Advertisement
Man people have short memories around here. I remember Harley dropping alot of balls. Blocking poorly. And not fighting for the ball enough when its thrown his way. He comes with enthusiasm and obviously takes the game seriously. It clearly bothers him when he makes a mistake but those mistakes are often on the field. He has to up his game big time to become the player you guys are envisioning. Props to Mike if he can step his game up.

Man people have short memories around here. I remember Harley dropping alot of balls. Blocking poorly. And not fighting for the ball enough when its thrown his way. He comes with enthusiasm and obviously takes the game seriously. It clearly bothers him when he makes a mistake but those mistakes are often on the field. He has to up his game big time to become the player you guys are envisioning. Props to Mike if he can step his game up.

i remember...but new year, new system, new qb etc could be the fresh start he needs. clean slate to me. hes not henry ruggs or someone like that but given the right situation him and the other disappointing wideouts whom lashlee said "havent done much" could start to turn heads

I’m not an expert on the system, but from what I’ve seen, Harley just seems physically built for a bigger role in this particular system.

He might not be the absolute fastest in straight line speed, but it seems like he has a short area quickness with his smaller body, quick feet, and if his hands can be good, he could have himself a nice year.

I can see him getting chunk yardage maneuvering in space after quick throws.

Advertisement
Back