Mike Harley Thread

Most of you all sound like you don't want the guy to come unless he swears by the canes an doesn't consider another school.

That's how two stars do it

Advertisement
God i hope thomas just commits so we can tell harley to kick rocks

Agreed and if we do, I have confidence in Richt that it will be done in such a way that does not offend STA but at the same time precludes the hat game/disrespecting The U.

I disagree. I want to tell him to kick rocks and Richt to do it in a way that tells STA and Heritage there is one way recruiting will be handled with Miami going forward and that is the Cane way and say we will come out and support your schools, our door is always open for you and your staffs, but we will not be played with and if we are we will treat you and the recruit accordingly.

Most of you all sound like you don't want the guy to come unless he swears by the canes an doesn't consider another school.

That's how two stars do it

So we sound like Miami fans that put the U above all else. Glad it comes across that way.

Posted by ivins today

— Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas wide receiver Mike Harley might be at West Virginia this weekend for his official visit, but the latest buzz surrounding his name is that he's headed to Miami. Multiple people tied in with Harley's recruitment said on Saturday that the Hurricanes solidified themselves as Harley's top school last weekend when he was in Coral Gables and that he wants to be at Miami. We'll see what he says following his trip to Morgantown.

Ivins yet again with general guesses which can later be easily disavowed if Harley goes the other way. All about the clicks.

Let me show you: Ivins after Harley picks WVU: "The WVU OV swung him back to them, especially with Miami's interest in other similar receivers. He was definitely leaning Miami after that visit, but the later pull of WVU proved too strong"

Don't take the cheese. Until Harley actually signs and sends in a Miami LOI, he's all WVU. Every bit of REAL information out there indicates he's not ours. Some of you never learn.
This guy gets it.

I don't get some of u guys; why does Harley coming hinge on Thomas and vise versa? This is what sets Bama apart from Miami...this type of mentality. If Thomas, Harley, and Smith all want in, we take them all. You stack chips, and you stack talent, you stack competition, and that's how u stack wins. Get out ur twitter feelings b/c the kid said UF fan and Go WVU. It's not rocket science; stop crunching the scholly numbers, stop saying if we get this guy, this guy is not coming. No other elite school does that. Sit back and let the chips fall where they fall.

Advertisement
Posted by ivins today

— Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas wide receiver Mike Harley might be at West Virginia this weekend for his official visit, but the latest buzz surrounding his name is that he's headed to Miami. Multiple people tied in with Harley's recruitment said on Saturday that the Hurricanes solidified themselves as Harley's top school last weekend when he was in Coral Gables and that he wants to be at Miami. We'll see what he says following his trip to Morgantown.

Ivins yet again with general guesses which can later be easily disavowed if Harley goes the other way. All about the clicks.

Let me show you: Ivins after Harley picks WVU: "The WVU OV swung him back to them, especially with Miami's interest in other similar receivers. He was definitely leaning Miami after that visit, but the later pull of WVU proved too strong"

Don't take the cheese. Until Harley actually signs and sends in a Miami LOI, he's all WVU. Every bit of REAL information out there indicates he's not ours. Some of you never learn.
agree. Good post

I would gladly take a class of Thomas, smith, Harley and njoku. Pouncey too if he comes, seems like he really liked that Texas visit

Advertisement
For []_[]: No downside in taking Harley. He has talent, provides depth at a position of need, and will increase the level of competition on both sides of the ball.. Take.

For Harley: He could live an hour from family, who can drive 30 minutes to watch all his games for free; will be home for every holiday or any weekend at no cost; live in absolute paradise; represent S. Florida and get the respect that comes with staying home; and compete for national championships (during 3 of his 5 years?) at an NFL pipeline; all while getting an elite private school education..

It's a no-brainer when the family sits down to discuss it. Not to mention the cost of travel to and from WVU for him, his sister, and family..

Not saying he's a lock, because I still think he goes UF if they offer late, but i'd be shocked if he went to WVU over Miami.

Advertisement
If someone going to be butt sore that a teenager decided to go play football somewhere else then 1.) discounting the teams need to have the player and/or 2) minimizing the likelihood that the kid will come to Miami is probably the safe space that they should stay in.

If he signs great.

If he doesn't ZFG.

I would gladly take a class of Thomas, smith, Harley and njoku. Pouncey too if he comes, seems like he really liked that Texas visit

if we get those 4....Pouncey can go suck a longhorn. He's easily the slowest of all of em, and we need speed

Advertisement
Go on...

Somebody is getting left out either way. No way we take Pouncey, Harley, Thomas and Smith. Not sure how it will all shake out but I have a feeling Miami will have a nice NSD

Pete said that Miami would take all of them if they all wanted in.

Are they better then who we have at receiver now? If so we separate the wheat from the chaff.

Here is who we have at receiver who is likely to compete for playing time:
Richards
Berrios
Cager
Harris
Mullins

AR is the only player here who has consistently made plays for us out of that group, followed by Berrios.

Here's the rest:
O'Juan Carney
Darrell Langham
Malik Mayweather
Austin Pfenninger
Jake Romp

I see replace those guys with these guys:

Evidence
Thomas
Smith
Harley
Pouncey

Go on...

Somebody is getting left out either way. No way we take Pouncey, Harley, Thomas and Smith. Not sure how it will all shake out but I have a feeling Miami will have a nice NSD

Are they better then who we have at receiver now? If so we separate the wheat from the chaff.

Here is who we have at receiver who is likely to compete for playing time:
Richards
Berrios
Cager
Harris
Mullins

AR is the only player here who has consistently made plays for us out of that group, followed by Berrios.

Here's the rest:
O'Juan Carney
Darrell Langham
Malik Mayweather
Austin Pfenninger
Jake Romp

I see replace those guys with these guys:

Evidence
Thomas
Smith
Harley
Pouncey

Go on...

No way we take 5. All 5 wouldn't want to come here anyways. We will finish with 3-4.

Advertisement
Back