Mike Harley Thread

Are they better then who we have at receiver now? If so we separate the wheat from the chaff.

Here is who we have at receiver who is likely to compete for playing time:
Richards
Berrios
Cager
Harris
Mullins

AR is the only player here who has consistently made plays for us out of that group, followed by Berrios.

Here's the rest:
O'Juan Carney
Darrell Langham
Malik Mayweather
Austin Pfenninger
Jake Romp

I see replace those guys with these guys:

Evidence
Thomas
Smith
Harley
Pouncey

Go on...

I would gladly take a class of Thomas, smith, Harley and njoku. Pouncey too if he comes, seems like he really liked that Texas visit

Somebody is getting left out either way. No way we take Pouncey, Harley, Thomas and Smith. Not sure how it will all shake out but I have a feeling Miami will have a nice NSD

dont forget about deejay dallas He is probably gunna play WR if we can land dean and edwards!

Advertisement
I don't get some of u guys; why does Harley coming hinge on Thomas and vise versa? This is what sets Bama apart from Miami...this type of mentality. If Thomas, Harley, and Smith all want in, we take them all. You stack chips, and you stack talent, you stack competition, and that's how u stack wins. Get out ur twitter feelings b/c the kid said UF fan and Go WVU. It's not rocket science; stop crunching the scholly numbers, stop saying if we get this guy, this guy is not coming. No other elite school does that. Sit back and let the chips fall where they fall.

This isn't the position being taken by the majority. It's not because we wouldn't take Harley with Thomas and stack chips. It's because a number of us don't see Harley having the stones to sign with us if Thomas does. If he is willing to come then great, if not, we'll move on fine with Thomas.

Are they better then who we have at receiver now? If so we separate the wheat from the chaff.

Richards
Berrios
Cager
Harris
Mullins

AR is the only player here who has consistently made plays for us out of that group, followed by Berrios.

Here's the rest:
O'Juan Carney
Darrell Langham
Malik Mayweather
Austin Pfenninger
Jake Romp

Evidence
Thomas
Smith
Harley
Pouncey

Go on...

I would gladly take a class of Thomas, smith, Harley and njoku. Pouncey too if he comes, seems like he really liked that Texas visit

Somebody is getting left out either way. No way we take Pouncey, Harley, Thomas and Smith. Not sure how it will all shake out but I have a feeling Miami will have a nice NSD

dont forget about deejay dallas He is probably gunna play WR if we can land dean and edwards!

I think Deejay will end up at FS.

[MENTION=6275]BeastMode[/MENTION] I would not be mad at 3 or 4, preferably four and for the reason I've already stated.

Richards
Berrios
Cager
Harris
Mullins

Here's the rest:
O'Juan Carney
Darrell Langham
Malik Mayweather
Austin Pfenninger
Jake Romp

Evidence
Thomas
Smith
Harley
Pouncey

Go on...

No way we take 5. All 5 wouldn't want to come here anyways. We will finish with 3-4.

New staff in first full season.. Anything is possible!

Advertisement
I don't get some of u guys; why does Harley coming hinge on Thomas and vise versa? This is what sets Bama apart from Miami...this type of mentality. If Thomas, Harley, and Smith all want in, we take them all. You stack chips, and you stack talent, you stack competition, and that's how u stack wins. Get out ur twitter feelings b/c the kid said UF fan and Go WVU. It's not rocket science; stop crunching the scholly numbers, stop saying if we get this guy, this guy is not coming. No other elite school does that. Sit back and let the chips fall where they fall.

This isn't the position being taken by the majority. It's not because we wouldn't take Harley with Thomas and stack chips. It's because a number of us don't see Harley having the stones to sign with us if Thomas does. If he is willing to come then great, if not, we'll move on fine with Thomas.

I agree; but that's not I've been reading. I'm literally reading comments that state we can't wait to sign Thomas so Harley can kick rocks. That makes 0 sense. I've read that he's overrated, that he's not a priority, that he's only a 3 star, who cares...this is the same bull chit rhetoric that our fans say when they feel "uncomfortable" with a prospect we're targeting and they're on the fence. Went through this same crap w Bruce last cycle. I'm just saying that bull chit philosophy needs to get off this board and our fan base. We have this scorn gf mentality and it's annoying af. That's y I keep the hood down and what happens, happens. Never going to smash a kid as a take or not a take if they're on the fence. Harley is the goods and I want him and Thomas. If he don't come, f it, we'll smash him first chance we get to play WVA, but to say he can kick rocks b/c we may get another player is asinine.

I agree; but that's not I've been reading. I'm literally reading comments that state we can't wait to sign Thomas so Harley can kick rocks. That makes 0 sense. I've read that he's overrated, that he's not a priority, that he's only a 3 star, who cares...this is the same bull chit rhetoric that our fans say when they feel "uncomfortable" with a prospect we're targeting and they're on the fence. Went through this same crap w Bruce last cycle. I'm just saying that bull chit philosophy needs to get off this board and our fan base. We have this scorn gf mentality and it's annoying af. That's y I keep the hood down and what happens, happens. Never going to smash a kid as a take or not a take if they're on the fence. Harley is the goods and I want him and Thomas. If he don't come, f it, we'll smash him first chance we get to play WVA, but to say he can kick rocks b/c we may get another player is asinine.

I agree with you on those comments in general and I think most people would be good with Harley signing. That said, what a lot of those people are doing is expressing overall annoyance and frustration with Harley as he really has ****ed off 2 fanbases.

No i legit just dont think harley will be good for us. Definitely not over Thomas.

And more importantly i dont want to oversign this class for guys that wont make an impact here (imo) because we dont have mych room already for 2018.

Also dont want derrick smith (i think thats his name at safety) or this new safety from georgia. And i kinda dont want wilder either.

No i legit just dont think harley will be good for us. Definitely not over Thomas.

And more importantly i dont want to oversign this class for guys that wont make an impact here (imo) because we dont have mych room already for 2018.

Also dont want derrick smith (i think thats his name at safety) or this new safety from georgia. And i kinda dont want wilder either.

I understand where you're coming from with Smith but Wilder is a perfect OLB in this scheme. Give him a RS and he WILL contribute.

Advertisement

I understand where you're coming from with Smith but Wilder is a perfect OLB in this scheme. Give him a RS and he WILL contribute.

He'll be a killer on st's immediately

If the coaches were confident on Knowes, Finley, Jeff James, and Ced Wright, i don't think we would have taken Smith or brought in Tariq for a visit. I think we would have been just fine with Carter to go with those aforementioned names and J Johnson at the top. Taking only 1 safety also leaves depth chart space for the stacked 2018 class.

If we end up getting Edwards or by some miracle Shawn Davis, to go with Carter and Smith, i would definitely be looking for some transfer news from current safeties on the roster.

From a WVU mod on 247...

"EerSports has learned that West Virginia will NOT sign long-time commit Mike Harley on National Signing Day, despite the three-star receiver visiting Morgantown this weekend. I'm told that contrary to Harley's many public statements about being firmly committed - and re-committed again and again - that it was obviously not the case, and that the coaching staff is now moving in another direction at the wide receiver position in the final days before National Signing Day - and beyond (more on that in a follow up piece).

From speaking with my sources, I get the impression that it was pretty clear that was the case. Harley is a talent worth having on the position, but that the game can only be played for so long, and thus WVU is moving in another direction. I will be removing Harley from the commitment list at this time."

He Comin...

JC

I'm not sure how to embed the tweet but WVU 247 writer just posted that they will not be signing MIKE Harley. I didn't see the post above. So sounds like Harley is locked in with Miami. My questions is, does he have a Florida offer?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Great news. So we close with Harley, Thomas, and we are getting Smith too IMO.Solid WR close.

Advertisement
Back