Michigan State vs. Northwestern

Advertisement
MSU will melt by halftime when they play us. It’s ridiculously hot in Miami these days. The world is going to end soon type of hot.
With all due respect. It gets much hotter in the midwest than it does in South Florida. MSU will not be affected by the heat or humidity. Everyone south of Tennessee thinks it snows 10 months of the year in every state north. Not the case. Summers in the Midwest are brutal. Humidity is worse in the midwest too. The all time high in Miami is like 98. Michigan all time highes are in the 110's...

With all due respect. It gets much hotter in the midwest than it does in South Florida. MSU will not be affected by the heat or humidity. Everyone south of Tennessee thinks it snows 10 months of the year in every state north. Not the case. Summers in the Midwest are brutal. Humidity is worse in the midwest too. The all time high in Miami is like 98. Michigan all time highes are in the 110's...
I had to look that up. I couldn't believe Miamis all time high was 98. We get hotter up here in NY. However, I do have to say whatever temperature I was feeling in Miami, felt hotter than 100+ days I felt up north.

Advertisement
I had to look that up. I couldn't believe Miamis all time high was 98. We get hotter up here in NY. However, I do have to say whatever temperature I was feeling in Miami, felt hotter than 100+ days I felt up north.
It's the humidity. A 95 degree August day when it's nice and humid with no air moving makes one of those hot days up north seem refreshing.

Advertisement
I don’t know about all that. I grew up in Ann Arbor and lived for 1 year in MiAmi and now live in Atlanta.
The Midwest weather in the summer is like Atlanta in the fall and like Miami in the winter. I couldn’t believe how hot and humid Miami was until like November
I could feel the weather in Miami it was so thick.

What’s the humidity….Miami much hotter due to humidity than Wisconsin

Comparing all time highs is utterly useless. Those are one offs, and in a lot of cases, those highs occurred decades ago. It's the average that matters. It is historically cooler in the summer in the midwest compared to South Florida. The combination of humidity and heat, should wear MSU down, especially if Miami uses tempo. Let's be honest here, MSU doesn't have the athletes to run with Miami for 4 quarters, especially if it becomes a track meet. Dantonio relied on bully ball for years, and it's going to take years for Tucker to recruit enough speed to overcome that.

In previous years, I'd be a lot more concerned, because Miami's offense was not built on speed nor tempo. Having a somewhat staid, slow paced offense helped keep less athletic teams in the game, because Miami was not fully utilizing their main advantage, which is said athleticism. That said, Miami has to come into that game focused, mentally prepared, because Michigan State will bring it.

Humidity is energy zapping. I realized that when I moved to Arizona. 115 degrees sucks, but 90 with a ton of humidity is much worse, especially if you have to do something outside.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back