Michael Redding season expectations

Look I think they going to start Pope, Harley, and Wiggins.

However, I’m not naive we do NOT have a established #1 WR. Which means the como is open and I wouldn’t be surprised to see a freshman emerge.

Advertisement
Look I think they going to start Pope, Harley, and Wiggins.

However, I’m not naive we do NOT have a established #1 WR. Which means the como is open and I wouldn’t be surprised to see a freshman emerge.

Payton and Redding are likeliest to emerge as a possible WR1 but Wiggins has a unique blend of height and speed and should not be overlooked.

I expect smith to crack the rotation early...hopefully all can be in position to take a RS

I’m stoked to see our Freshmen WR group. I think RedDing looks like a stud, and Key Smith looks really talented.

Do I have to say why?

Because he played at Deerfield, of course. :cool:

White WRs get no respect. But the kid is the very definition of a baller. Played QB, played, WR, ran the ball, was a DB, was a returner. I'm surprised he didn't play tackle or noseguard. Redding is definitely my favorite WR in the class, but Restrepo will end up having as big an impact as a Cane the way he goes about his business.

Advertisement
Why not?

He's already more PHYSICALLY ready than any WR we have. I don't know if you've actually seen him in person but he's 190lbs rocked up. He's built like a RB. He's also an elite route runner. An ivy league brain.

So what's stopping him from playing as a freshman?
One of his Florida Fire coaches told me he'd kill everyone and would never drop nothing... Every. Single. Day.

There's no reason whatsoever to redshirt Redding if he's healthy & ready to go by September.

We only have 3 upperclassmen WR's & Payton is a Red Frosh, for depth purposes it makes no sense to shirt Redding when he's the most physically imposing WR we have on the roster even as a TF.

It's not like he has a bunch of bodies in front of him, depending on where they want to play him (either X or Z), he literally only has 1 guy at either spot that would be ahead of him, which means he would be a rotational backup.

In today's game you don't have to redshirt WR's or RB's, in a Air Raid/Spread offense the transition is much easier than you think.
I'm talking about Restrepo not Redding. I think Redding will be our 5th wr.

I think people just have an image of Restrepo in their head that can't let them believe he's as good as he actually is. If you look at his measurables, his tape, and the intangibles (all the things that matter), they would see that this kid can play immediately, either in the slot or returning punts/kicks
I think hes a solid prospect but to come out the gate and get major PT or even start on KR or PR is a reach.

Advertisement
For all the talk about having to rotate a million WRs to keep people fresh: that's not really what occurred at SMU last year. They had 6 players with 20+ receptions. Miami had 5.

For all the talk about having to rotate a million WRs to keep people fresh: that's not really what occurred at SMU last year. They had 6 players with 20+ receptions. Miami had 5.

We don’t have a WR catch 100 balls like Proche though

Advertisement
One of his Florida Fire coaches told me he'd kill everyone and would never drop nothing... Every. Single. Day.
I'm tryin' to tell yall.
He freakin' carves DB's up.

I've been at several camps with him. DB's would not step-up to cover him. They didn't want to take a chance of being carved up by the only white boy out there. This isn't me joking, this actually happened at a camp in Fort Lauderdale. Restrepo actually started to get a little frustrated cause he couldn't get any reps. He began calling people to the line.

And 7-on-7 tournament season during the summer? Forgot about it. Killin' people. The Miami Dolphins 7-on-7 tournament he was out there making Odell Beckham type catches. Some DB from Miami Northwestern was talkin' trash. He routed him up for a touchdown. Then carved him up again for the two-point conversion. Then handed the kid the football. LOL

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm tryin' to tell yall.

I've been at several camps with him. DB's would not step-up to cover him. They didn't want to take a chance of being carved up by the only white boy out there. This isn't me joking, this actually happened at a camp in Fort Lauderdale. Restrepo actually started to get a little frustrated cause he couldn't get any reps. He began calling people to the line.

And 7-on-7 tournament season during the summer? Forgot about it. Killin' people. The Miami Dolphins 7-on-7 tournament he was out there making Odell Beckham type catches. Some DB from Miami Northwestern was talkin' trash. He routed him up for a touchdown. Then carved him up again for the two-point conversion. Then handed the kid the football. LOL

Awesome story. Thanks for sharing. Really looking forward to seeing both Redding and Restrepo play this season. I don't see how the coaches can keep them off the field. We've wasted too much talent at WR over the past decade or so. I can't wait to see what Lashlee and Likens show us in this uptempo spread system.

I'm tryin' to tell yall.

😂😂😂 I believe it, ik he caught the game winning TD for Fire out west to win it all. I think more than anything that I like about him is his grit man. He's got a different type of edge and toughness about him and he'll be the type to take a lot of reps from more high profile guys because he's mentally more mature and tough than them. He's a worker, and we don't have many of those on roster

Advertisement
Back